Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville info from Southwestern Pulaski...
I don't really have any statistics at the moment,but I do know that Paintsville is on the way home from Southwestern Pulaski tournament. They lost all three games down there.Hope to have more information once they arrive.
Ouch..I hate to hear that they went down there and laid a goose-egg...I still think they'll do fine in the 15th Region...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They will be fine, just have to get young arms strong in a hurry.
They lost to Pulaski Co. last night 12-5 after leading 3-1 in the fourth! Then young inexpierenced arms gave up 11 runs in 2 innings!
They lost to Pulaski SW this morning at 10:00 am after getting in bed after 2 am!!!Probably went to slleep around 3 and up at 7am. Played well thru 5 innings but gave up 7 runs on 4 hits and didn't hit well themselves and dropped the game 7-1.
The last game, Vanhoose was limited to 25 pitches in a starting role due to lack of arm work. Then 2 8th graders and a freshman finished the game and they came home after a 14-2 loss to Somerset!!
Poor weekend but I think they all learned some valuable information.
Paintsville will be tough in the 15th Region this year. They've got a young team, but I think they'll be alright. They've got a young pitching staff this year, and their defense is good. They've got a good batting lineup top to bottom. Look for the Tigers to learn off of these 3 losses against 3 very good ballclubs.
Tough losses Paintsville! They are young, and this trip will allow them to gain very valuable experience. I feel, like most other people, they will be just fine in the 15th Region this year. Once they get their pitching a little stronger, the Tigers will be just fine.
Tough losses, but very valuable learning experiences for each player as the season gets deeper into the schedule and district and regional play begins. I still believe they're a force to be reckoned with come tourney time.