Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
internet explorer cannot open this web page. operation aborted
Has anyone else ran into this problem before?

I have google the problem and have done every step I can find to correct it,but nothing has helped.

The problem only occurs when I try to get on one website(This happens on only one of the two computers at my house)

I am running Windows xp and microsoft know longer has updates for this.

Any suggestions?

The only thing I have been told is adding RAM to my computer and upgrading to Windows 7.

Thanks in advance.
Try using another web browser (Google Chrome, Fire Fox, Opera, etc. etc.)

I hate Internet Explorer it's so slow
How would I go about getting another one?

Once I put another browser on my computer does it wipe out Internet Explorer ?
I am not very good with this stuff.
Thanks I got Firefox up and running all is good.
Nope, IE always stays on your computer.

I didn't care too much for opera or IE. IE is just too slow
Unless a person uses Firefox extensions that are not available for Chrome, I always recommend Chrome to people who ask my opinion. Most of the developers and project officers at work have switched to Chrome at home. Unfortunately, the Army's standard issue browser is IE.
^ I love Google Chrome
^Chrome is now the most widely used web browser in the world according to some sources, with IE being a close second and Firefox third. IE had a big lead only a year ago.
how? IE is so slow on my computer while the other's is fast
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Unless a person uses Firefox extensions that are not available for Chrome, I always recommend Chrome to people who ask my opinion. Most of the developers and project officers at work have switched to Chrome at home. Unfortunately, the Army's standard issue browser is IE.

Ditto for me as well. Chrome has worked best for me over the last few years.
I use Chrome and FireFox
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL