Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland tomcats 2012
We lost some great kids last yr but the cupboard is far from bare!
The line on both sides ball is 85% intact. This should be the best O line in years
A great place to start... got some great backs in waiting cody Watts returning starter, Evan young strong runner gøt some touches last year. couple of great in coming sophomores Josh Vaughn only played 1 game as a freshman (blew knee out) but is back an bigger an stronger ready to make some noise! Tyler Sutton good speed, strong runner. An incoming freshman Quinton Baker been burning em up at the 7on7s has had 10 touchdowns an 5 pics in first 2 showings at lex cath an Montgomery Co. Anchoring the defense is Shannon justice at MLB a real force in the middle, CJ Johnson will take all stater Cory Gregg's spot a d-end where he filled in. This kid is going to balance the d line along with Obrien an big trace Armstrong not to mention Mr everything Logan Salow is going to be a leader for this team. ELAM at AB is big an strong an will run the ball as good as any back we have along with the cannon arm.
There about to get smacked by Russell this year
RedDevilFootball13 Wrote:There about to get smacked by Russell this year

Who is Russell?
Your trash talk would be more credible with proper grammarConfusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well its been awhile since it was even close. I'd say a smack is out of the question, hopefully a good competitive game?
Probably gonna win the district and maybe a playoff game. Anything more would be overachieving I think.
Ashland Blazer has a lot of unproven commodities. They lost a ton. They may get smacked. They may do the smacking. To early to tell.
FBALL Wrote:Ashland Blazer has a lot of unproven commodities. They lost a ton. They may get smacked. They may do the smacking. To early to tell.

This team wont be pushed around, there some new faces but hardly unproven. Every kid that graduated last yr had someone in at number 2 spot that was just as capable.
Ashland should just drop football now that they are in that Northern Kentucky Region.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Ashland should just drop football now that they are in that Northern Kentucky Region.

Raceland should just drop football because they cant get past the second round of the playoffs.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Ashland should just drop football now that they are in that Northern Kentucky Region.

Haters gonna hate. Lol

I actually think being in that region helps us playing the best year in and out makes your program better. Plus getting to watch players like Patrick towels and Austin collinsworth is a treat for fans.
BADCAT74 Wrote:This team wont be pushed around, there some new faces but hardly unproven. Every kid that graduated last yr had someone in at number 2 spot that was just as capable.

Until the lace it up as starters it's all speculation. 7 on 7 is far from real game situations.
[quote=FBALL]Until the lace it up as starters it's all speculation. 7 on 7 is far from real game situations.[/QUOTE

Not based on 7's. I dont put much stock in them they are good for what that are designed to do get some early reps for the skill positions an get a good idea where they stand early on. My thoughts are based solely on what I saw last year when the coaches would substitute with these now jrs an seniors. I saw little or no drop off in the level of play, now next year could be adifferent story? Next season will be the first season in many years I don't see the replacements there unless this freshman group gets some reps in an a few sophs next yr could be down some? We'll see as the year goes on how much time these young ones get that will tell the tale for next season.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Raceland should just drop football because they cant get past the second round of the playoffs.

But they sure know how to humiliate Ashland at Putnam Stadium. Confusednicker:

You cant be very bright to post stuff like that.:eyeroll:
Quinton Baker ? MCHS beat you guys twice in the 7 on 7 tourney. You must be talking about the 8th grade kids and Freshman kids on MCHS 2 squad. They are terrible
Bob Seger Wrote:But they sure know how to humiliate Ashland at Putnam Stadium. Confusednicker:

Don't particularly agree with T.P. post, but Humiliate. I don't think so they had. Nice run against us but not one game was won by more than 1 score hardly humiliating other than the fact getting beat by a 1a school but I will say a pretty good 1a school.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I actually think being in that region helps us playing the best year in and out makes your program better. Plus getting to watch players like Patrick towels and Austin collinsworth is a treat for fans.

Good attitude.
BADCAT74 Wrote:Don't particularly agree with T.P. post, but Humiliate. I don't think so they had. Nice run against us but not one game was won by more than 1 score hardly humiliating other than the fact getting beat by a 1a school but I will say a pretty good 1a school.

Bingo!!!!

Before someone starts running their mouths like this simpleton does, they need to start looking in the mirror.
[quote=Bob Seger]Bingo!!!!

Before someone starts running their mouths like this simpleton does, they need to start lo
Bob Seger Wrote:Bingo!!!!

Before someone starts running their mouths like this simpleton does, they need to start looking in the mirror.

Mirrors don't lie.^
Bob Seger Wrote:But they sure know how to humiliate Ashland at Putnam Stadium. Confusednicker:

Raceland had the best run in school history and all the games were close. And one of those wins was against a team that finished 2-8 and missed the playoffs. I respect racelands program but this comment was rediculous lol.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Raceland had the best run in school history and all the games were close. And one of those wins was against a team that finished 2-8 and missed the playoffs. I respect racelands program but this comment was rediculous lol.

No it wasn't. The comment from TomCat was the one that was ridiculous.
FBALL Wrote:Ashland Blazer has a lot of unproven commodities. They lost a ton. They may get smacked. They may do the smacking. To early to tell.
I agree with you that it is too early to predict the success of this team. It will be very difficult to replace Withrow, Hunter, and Whetsel. Ashland will lack height at receiver, will lose the invaluable leadership of a 4-year starter at QB, and will miss the size and talent of Whetsel. Ashland also lost some other talented seniors. However, Ashland returns many players with significant experience. Defensively, the strength of the defense last year was the defensive line where three starters return: DE Obrien (250), DT Ellis (270), and DT Johnson (260). The remaining position will likely be filled by Trace ARmstrong who is 6'5" 275 or CJ Johnson who is 6'3" 230. Their MLBs return with Justice and Swift, and they get experience back in the secondary with Logan S., Noah W., and Evan Y. They need some outside linebackers. Offensively, the offensive line returns 5 who all started at various times last year. They are strong and have decent quickness: O'brien (250), Justice (250), Walters (225), Swift (190), and Armstrong (275). OThers who will likely contribute at OL: Ellis, Johnson, McCoy, Moore. QB will be Elam who has excelled at every level he has played. RB returns talent with Watts and Younge. underclassmen: Baker, Moore, Vaughn may see some significant time too. The REceivers could use some additional talent, but probably include Massey, Salow, C.J. Johnson. Ashland has a tough schedule. I'm looking forward to watching them this year. I think they will surprise a lot of people.
dflpackage Wrote:I agree with you that it is too early to predict the success of this team. It will be very difficult to replace Withrow, Hunter, and Whetsel. Ashland will lack height at receiver, will lose the invaluable leadership of a 4-year starter at QB, and will miss the size and talent of Whetsel. Ashland also lost some other talented seniors. However, Ashland returns many players with significant experience. Defensively, the strength of the defense last year was the defensive line where three starters return: DE Obrien (250), DT Ellis (270), and DT Johnson (260). The remaining position will likely be filled by Trace ARmstrong who is 6'5" 275 or CJ Johnson who is 6'3" 230. Their MLBs return with Justice and Swift, and they get experience back in the secondary with Logan S., Noah W., and Evan Y. They need some outside linebackers. Offensively, the offensive line returns 5 who all started at various times last year. They are strong and have decent quickness: O'brien (250), Justice (250), Walters (225), Swift (190), and Armstrong (275). OThers who will likely contribute at OL: Ellis, Johnson, McCoy, Moore. QB will be Elam who has excelled at every level he has played. RB returns talent with Watts and Younge. underclassmen: Baker, Moore, Vaughn may see some significant time too. The REceivers could use some additional talent, but probably include Massey, Salow, C.J. Johnson. Ashland has a tough schedule. I'm looking forward to watching them this year. I think they will surprise a lot of people.

Ive noticed a new face at the receiver spot besides Baker, he's a Jr. named Myles McGranhan looks to be around 6'2 great hands an length can really get up an get the ball. This kid could help take the sting of losing Withrow. Someone else that has been overlooked is Noah Wessel he had tons of playing time last year on both sides of ball an several picks as a corner an made some nice catches as a wideout. He will bring some more experience an leadership along with Salow an Massey at receiver.
Hey BADCAT.

What ever happened to Mikey Calihan? He always impressed me coming up.
FBALL Wrote:Hey BADCAT.

What ever happened to Mikey Calihan? He always impressed me coming up.

I know he lived with some friends of mine up til about. A year an half ago then he moved back to Columbus I think then came back an forth several times "kinda burnt his bridges" with the coaches an his adopted home he just didn't seem to have his heart in it. Not playing up there either, not even sure if he's even in school from what I've heard. Its a real shame very talented kid.
That's a shame. Kid had talent.
CAMP TOMCAT officially started this evening. And will come to a close Saturday evening with the "Maroon an White" game an "Meet the CATS". Looks like there are 54 upperclassman an 20 freshman both are down some from last few years. But a great group of seniors to lead this team, with a bunch of big hitters an hardcore kids. Full pads and full contact first thing in the morning!
Well looks like Cody Watts went down with a torn ACL in the Maroon an White game. Prayers for him, I know this is a devasting blow especially being his senior season. There are plenty of good backs to fill in but losing his experience an leadership on the field is tough to replace. With that said I still believe in this season being. Great one for the cats, there are several very good backs waiting in the wings. Josh Vaughn Tyler Sutton an the talk of the town freshman Quinton Baker. Evan young is the other starting back very talented kid an hard runner.