Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday AMELIA
The research team that has been looking for her plane didn't find it!! They're heading back to Hawaii empty handed, and with a couple ROVs in need of repair.

According to the team, they are pretty certain that she made it to an island along with her navigator, and probably died there from starvation. They're gonna continue to look for her plane though, soon as funds are available to supplement the expedition.

Interesting stuff.
^yes, and they had already spent $2mil on this expedition.

I don't think they will ever find her or even the plane.
I believe if she would have died, the plane would have already been found unless, she veered way off course and is at the bottom of an ocean somewhere.
I do not think she would have made it to any island.
Dunno..sonar suggests debris field close to that island.
Old photos actually show a plane crash on that island about the time she would have done the swan dive...and...there's one photo that's very interesting. Some people claim that it's of her and her navigator with indigenous tribal people.

I'm not actually making an argument that she survived, BUT a lot of people that are smarter and richer than I are sinking a lot of money into the possibility that she did survive.

Interesting to think about.
Granny Bear Wrote:Dunno..sonar suggests debris field close to that island.
Old photos actually show a plane crash on that island about the time she would have done the swan dive...and...there's one photo that's very interesting. Some people claim that it's of her and her navigator with indigenous tribal people.I'm not actually making an argument that she survived, BUT a lot of people that are smarter and richer than I are sinking a lot of money into the possibility that she did survive.

Interesting to think about.

Who took the photo? You would think she would be rescued if someone was there taking pictures. And if it was taken by Amelia, how did the picture get out?

Guess maybe I could research it...
Good idea...it's been a long time since I saw that documentary so I could've rememebered it incorrectly.
I searched but couldn't find the photo you referenced.....

I did find a photo I hadn't seen before that was suggested to be her landing gear of the island they are searching. In addition, this same island showed evidence of cosmetic items.