Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Very Special Thread Dedicated to Wildcat23-"Syrian WMDs Came From Iraq"
TheRealVille Wrote:When I see the facts that Iraq had the WMD's, I will say they had them. I won't take the word of some right wing rag, though. Show the solid proof, then we will talk. All I know is, they weren't found when the forces went in. Feel free to show the real proof that they went to Syria.
Iraq had WMDs. They used them on their own people to say other wise is foolish. See Halabja poison gas attack or The al-Anfal Campaign.
The question was what did Saddam do with his stock piles of WMDs? Just because they weren't found doesn't mean they didn't exist, so what happen to them?

Both Israeli and U.S. intelligence observed large truck convoys leaving Iraq and entering Syria in the weeks and months before Operation Iraqi Freedom, John Shaw, former deputy undersecretary of defense for international technology security, told a private conference of former weapons inspectors and intelligence experts held in Arlington, Va., in 2006.
According to Shaw, ex-Russian intelligence chief Yevgeni Primakov, a KGB general with long-standing ties to Saddam, went to Iraq in December 2002 and stayed until just before the U.S.-led invasion in March 2003.
Anticipating the invasion, his job was to supervise the removal of such weapons and erase as much evidence of Russian involvement as possible.
The Russian-assisted "cleanup" operation was entrusted to a combination of GRU and Spetsnaz troops and Russian military and civilian personnel in Iraq "under the command of two experienced ex-Soviet generals, Colonel-General Vladislav Achalov and Colonel-General Igor Maltsev, both retired and posing as civilian commercial consultants."

Washington Times reporter Bill Gertz reported on Oct. 30, 2004, that Achalov and Maltsev had been photographed receiving medals from Iraqi Defense Minister Sultan Hashim Ahmad in a Baghdad building bombed by U.S. cruise missiles during the first U.S. air raids in early March 2003. Apparently they did their job well.
An article in the fall 2005 Middle East Quarterly reports that in an appearance on Israel's Channel 2 on Dec. 23, 2002, Israel's prime minister, Ariel Sharon, stated: "Chemical and biological weapons which Saddam is endeavoring to conceal have been moved from Iraq to Syria." According to the article, about three weeks later, Israel's foreign minister repeated the accusation.
http://news.investors.com/article/618875...-iraq-.htm
http://www.nysun.com/foreign/iraqs-wmd-s...ays/26514/

I'm gonna get the book Sadam's Secrets.
MustangSally Wrote:someone made a faux pas. Do you mean "Fox" news?

:kneel:
Bob Seger Wrote:I refuse to even acknowledge he exists.

:biglmao:
MustangSally Wrote:December 15, 2005
Saddam Hussein moved his chemical weapons to Syria six weeks before the war started, Israel's top general during Operation Iraqi Freedom says.

The assertion comes as President Bush said yesterday that much of the intelligence on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction was incorrect.

The Israeli officer, Lieutenant General Moshe Yaalon, asserted that Saddam spirited his chemical weapons out of the country on the eve of the war. "He transferred the chemical agents from Iraq to Syria," General Yaalon told The New York Sun over dinner in New York on Tuesday night. "No one went to Syria to find it."

From July 2002 to June 2005, when he retired, General Yaalon was chief of staff of the Israel Defense Force, the top job in the Israeli military, analogous to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in the American military. He is now a military fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. He made similar, but more speculative, remarks in April 2004 that attracted little notice in America; at that time he was quoted as saying of the Iraqi weapons, "Perhaps they transferred them to another country, such as Syria."
http://www.nysun.com/foreign/saddams-wmd...ays/24480/

:please:
MustangSally Wrote::lame:Huh? who lied? because it was both Democrats and Republicans making the WMD claims including two different administrations

but it was dick and bush who had the final say you know the old saying
THE BUCK STOPS HERE
TheRealVille Wrote:The article you are quoting is saying that's where they went. I am not claiming they didn't go to Syria, via Iraq. I'm saying they weren't in Iraq, when we went to war because of it. They weren't in Iraq, and the war was a farce because of the lies about WMD's. Until they are proven to have been in Iraq, it was all a big lie.

Baloney, it's not about truth. It's still the dems vs the republicans in your mind. We're talking about WMD's and world events, and you're still hung up on DNC talking points. :lame: The "big lie", as you put it, is emanating out of democratic headquarters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vector Wrote:but it was dick and bush who had the final say you know the old saying
THE BUCK STOPS HERE
Guess the family of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry should ask President Obama about that
vector Wrote:but it was dick and bush who had the final say you know the old saying
THE BUCK STOPS HERE
lest we forget
"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003
:welcome:

Funny how they were for it until they were against it:trolldad:
nky Wrote:lest we forget
"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003
:welcome:

Funny how they were for it until they were against it:trolldad:

but they did not drag us in a WAR
vector Wrote:but they did not drag us in a WAR
they supported it. Kerry and Hillary Clinton voted for it. It's disingenuous to say other wise
Iraq War Resolution
Introduced in Congress on October 2, 2002, in conjunction with the Administration's proposals, H.J.Res. 114 passed the House of Representatives on Thursday afternoon at 3:05 p.m. EDT on October 10, 2002, by a vote of 296-133,and passed the Senate after midnight early Friday morning, at 12:50 a.m. EDT on October 11, 2002, by a vote of 77-23. It was signed into law as Pub.L. 107-243 by President Bush on October 16, 2
[Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...r_2002.png] [Image: http://bits.wikimedia.org/static-1.20wmf...y-clip.png]
Final Congressional vote by chamber and party, October 2002

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution
nky Wrote:Guess the family of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry should ask President Obama about that

us soldiers killed in george and dick's war 4486
us soldiers wounded in george and dick's war 33184
nky Wrote:they supported it. Kerry and Hillary Clinton voted for it. It's disingenuous to say other wise
Iraq War Resolution
Introduced in Congress on October 2, 2002, in conjunction with the Administration's proposals, H.J.Res. 114 passed the House of Representatives on Thursday afternoon at 3:05 p.m. EDT on October 10, 2002, by a vote of 296-133,and passed the Senate after midnight early Friday morning, at 12:50 a.m. EDT on October 11, 2002, by a vote of 77-23. It was signed into law as Pub.L. 107-243 by President Bush on October 16, 2
[Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...r_2002.png] [Image: http://bits.wikimedia.org/static-1.20wmf...y-clip.png]
Final Congressional vote by chamber and party, October 2002

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

i don't care how you spin it was dick george's war there was no
WMD found let me repeat it to you one more time
there was NO WMD FOUND
vector Wrote:us soldiers killed in george and dick's war 4486
us soldiers wounded in george and dick's war 33184
Losing soldiers is a terrible thing. They join the military to defend our interest and unfortunately some made the ultimate sacrifice.
By the way it's President Bush and Vice President Chenney
vector Wrote:i don't care how you spin it was dick george's war there was no
there was NO WMD FOUND
yet both sides of the isle agreed it was necessary and needed in the interest of the United States and the region to remove Hussein from power
"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998
vector Wrote:i don't care how you spin it was dick george's war there was no
there was NO WMD FOUND
Here read this and learn something:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nati...ution_1441

United Nations Security Council Resolution 1441 is a United Nations Security Council resolution adopted unanimously by the United Nations Security Council on 8 November 2002, offering Iraq under Saddam Hussein "a final opportunity to comply with its disarmament obligations" that had been set out in several previous resolutions (Resolution 660, Resolution 661, Resolution 678, Resolution 686, Resolution 687, Resolution 688, Resolution 707, Resolution 715, Resolution 986, and Resolution 1284).

Resolution 1441 stated that Iraq was in material breach of the ceasefire terms presented under the terms of Resolution 687. Iraq's breaches related not only to weapons of mass destruction (WMD), but also the known construction of prohibited types of missiles, the purchase and import of prohibited armaments, and the continuing refusal of Iraq to compensate Kuwait for the widespread looting conducted by Iraqi troops during the 1990–1991 invasion and occupation. It also stated that "...false statements or omissions in the declarations submitted by Iraq pursuant to this resolution and failure by Iraq at any time to comply with, and cooperate fully in the implementation of, this resolution shall constitute a further material breach of Iraq's obligations."

Both Russia and China voted for this resolution. It was passed 15-0
nky Wrote:Here read this and learn something:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nati...ution_1441

United Nations Security Council Resolution 1441 is a United Nations Security Council resolution adopted unanimously by the United Nations Security Council on 8 November 2002, offering Iraq under Saddam Hussein "a final opportunity to comply with its disarmament obligations" that had been set out in several previous resolutions (Resolution 660, Resolution 661, Resolution 678, Resolution 686, Resolution 687, Resolution 688, Resolution 707, Resolution 715, Resolution 986, and Resolution 1284).

Resolution 1441 stated that Iraq was in material breach of the ceasefire terms presented under the terms of Resolution 687. Iraq's breaches related not only to weapons of mass destruction (WMD), but also the known construction of prohibited types of missiles, the purchase and import of prohibited armaments, and the continuing refusal of Iraq to compensate Kuwait for the widespread looting conducted by Iraqi troops during the 1990–1991 invasion and occupation. It also stated that "...false statements or omissions in the declarations submitted by Iraq pursuant to this resolution and failure by Iraq at any time to comply with, and cooperate fully in the implementation of, this resolution shall constitute a further material breach of Iraq's obligations."

Both Russia and China voted for this resolution. It was passed 15-0

it still was george and dick's decison THE BUCK STOPS HERE
vector Wrote:it still was george and dick's decison THE BUCK STOPS HERE
:lame:
So can we blame President Obama for the economy?for the miss spending from the 2009 stimulus?, for "fast and Furious", for the toxic political environment permeating throughout the country?for high oil prices? failing to close Gitmo?
The Buck Stops Here

YOu must think about me before you sleep at night.

Anyhow? This proves absolutely NOTHING. Nothing. DO they have them? This guy seems like a real trust worthy guys. They was never found, The never will be.

It was a war that we never should have been in. It costed so many lives. SO many families was destroyed. Over false intelligence. And because some "General" is now saying they was the WMD that was moved from Iraq you want to gloat that the war had cause? Come on.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:YOu must think about me before you sleep at night.

Anyhow? This proves absolutely NOTHING. Nothing. DO they have them? This guy seems like a real trust worthy guys. They was never found, The never will be.

It was a war that we never should have been in. It costed so many lives. SO many families was destroyed. Over false intelligence. And because some "General" is now saying they was the WMD that was moved from Iraq you want to gloat that the war had cause? Come on.

Wildcat wanna cracker!!!!Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:Wildcat wanna cracker!!!!Confusednicker:

Funny how when facts smack you in the face you revert to that.
nky Wrote:So can we blame President Obama for the economy?for the miss spending from the 2009 stimulus?, for "fast and Furious", for the toxic political environment permeating throughout the country?for high oil prices? failing to close Gitmo?

These hacks on here wouldn't blame Obama for anything...they are incapable of it. I bet they would submit their wives to him...or husbands.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:YOu must think about me before you sleep at night.

My goodness junior, what has happened to your grammar??? Kaint unnerstan nuttin ur sain.

Uh, he said it about 8 years ago too. Pay attention here now junior!!!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Funny how when facts smack you in the face you revert to that.

Facts??? Where?? You come up with nothing except the same old Paul Parrot lingo, and you call that facts. Try giving me one junior.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:These hacks on here wouldn't blame Obama for anything...they are incapable of it. I bet they would submit their wives to him...or husbands.

Since Wildcat and the gang are self proclaimed fairy lovers, probably themselves as well.
Bob Seger Wrote:Facts??? Where?? You come up with nothing except the same old Paul Parrot lingo, and you call that facts. Try giving me one junior.

The fact THAT no weapons was ever found.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The fact THAT no weapons was ever found.

Kinda impossible to find them in Iraq, if they're in Syria, wouldn't you say?