Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenkins-11 South Floyd-0
Final score as I believe South Floyd had one hit and Jenkins only four.
Geez, 11 runs off of only 4 hits? How many errors did SF have?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah that's alot of runs on 4 hits
I think they said South Floyd did not play that poorly in the field with 2 errors but they walked about 11 in the 3rd inning and ended up walking 21 for the game.
Wyatt Earp Wrote:I think they said South Floyd did not play that poorly in the field with 2 errors but they walked about 11 in the 3rd inning and ended up walking 21 for the game.

21 Walks!? That's pretty bad, but the only 2 errors might be something positive to take from this...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sounds like the same old problems that South Floyd has always had.
You have to be able to give the team an opportunity to make the putouts. I don't know if South Floyd has any pitchers back from last year when they didn't win a game. They will have to get more than one hit however in order to beat anybody.
you won't have many errors when you walk 21 batters.the defense in fastpitch starts with the pitcher.
flamethrower Wrote:you won't have many errors when you walk 21 batters.the defense in fastpitch starts with the pitcher.

Well stated! Pitching is the key. In eastern Kentucky's early fast-pitch history, it was not uncommon to see scores similiar to those of a poorly played men's slow-pitch league game. The pitching was lacking in the mid-90s. Look at the successful teams in this region...they all have solid pitching and a strong defense, and they can manufacture a run to win a close ball game...but it all starts with the pitcher.
But unfortunately when eastern Kentucky teams compete against central Kentucky competition the slap hitting style just doesn't get it done. It works well within the region, but gap hitting ability is needed to compete well against down state teams.