Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central vs. Paintsville - 15th Region All 'A' Semis
Paintsville looked very impressive against a Shelby Valley team that beat Allen Central earlier this season. The Tigers pounded out roughly 20 hits and only committed one error (I believe). Allen Central has won it's past 2 contests, and has their full team back in full strength. I look for both teams to give it their all Friday night. It should be a very exciting ball game to watch. What is everyone's thoughts and opinions on this semi-final match-up?
What was the score of the Paintsville/SV game tonight?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:What was the score of the Paintsville/SV game tonight?
Paintsville won 18-2. They had 19 hits I believe as a team. Kevin Williams hit a 3 run shot to left field and broke out of a hitting slump. Andrew Brown hit the ball great today. Everyone played for Paintsville in this one. Josh Watkins started the game and pitched through the 3rd inning. He allowed 2 hits, no runs, and walked no one. 8th grader Seth Rice came in and pitched the final 2 innings. He gave up 3 hits and 2 runs I think. He walked only 1 batter.
As for a prediction in the PHS/ACHS game, I'll take Paintsville 7-4. They're swinging the bats really well lately.
Pupaw Wrote:Paintsville won 18-2.

Gee Oh, I take it this was only a 5 inning game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes, a very long 5 inning game.
Should be interesting....cant wait....
I'm picking the Rebels in this one. I think they will have a solid showing, and I hope to see Little on the mound. Should be a dandy to watch. AC played P'ville tough last year according to the score. This one should be good as well.

AC 7
Pville 3
Last year's game between these two teams was a very close game. Not a lot of offense for either team. Paintsville lost quite a bit from that team, including the winning pitcher, Josh LeMaster. AC lost two players, one of which accounted for the only run they scored, Ryan Hammonds (who homered). With the young Tigers playing well right now, and AC's veteran experience and leadership, this game will be very competitive, IMO. I'm anxious to see the pitching match-up. I look for Paintsville to throw Grimm or VanHoose, and AC to throw Turner or Little. Should be a great game to watch. Good Luck to both teams! I'll be watching....
I'll take Paintsville.
tigers 10
rebs 6