Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When I want chicken...
The liberal media doesn't seem to be reporting the massive turnout at all Chick-fil-A restaurants yesterday. Does that surprise anyone?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't frequent Starbucks much because of their prices and I am not crazy about their icky sweet espresso drinks but Starbucks also promotes the political agenda of their owners. So does Ben and Jerry's but I do partake in an occasional spoonful of Chunky Monkey ice cream. :biggrin:

Other than closing on Sundays, I can't think of anything that Chick-fil-a does to promote its CEO's religious beliefs during the course of normal business. The dining experience at their restaurants is not much different than at other fast food restaurants - only the food and service is better than most of its competitors.
My reason for not going to Starbuck's is political............$5 for a damn cup of coffee come on:gtfo:
I don't support any business or product that I know to actively push a non-Biblical, non-traditional agenda.
^ go with Amazon prime and NEVER pay shipping lol
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:The liberal media doesn't seem to be reporting the massive turnout at all Chick-fil-A restaurants yesterday. Does that surprise anyone?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/02/us/us-chic...?c=&page=2
Chick-fil-A is laughing all the way to the bank. Best free advertising anyone could ask for
I am getting ready to eat a Chick-fil-a salad. My wife plans to make another run or two tomorrow because of the planned nationwide "kiss-in." The more the national media wants to demonize Chick-fil-a and publicize the protests in a positive light, the more chicken the restaurant chain will sell.
TheRealVille Wrote:And if a conservative doesn't want an abortion, they just don't get one?
And if a conservative isn't gay and wants to marry their partner, they just don't get married?
How about then JC Penny made Ellen Degeneres their spokesperson? Did One Million Moms boycott them?

No, they try to change/make the rules to suit their beliefs.

Though I'm not sure exactly where you were going with your post, you have hit on something here that I think exasperates most consevatives. The "rules" as you say, are there because they are the rules. And who makes the rules, man? No, because like you suggest, men would forever be changing the rules to suit themselves. Therefore the rules, such as, is it okay to murder one's unborn child for any number of reasons such as giving birth would be too inconvenient, too hard to explain to your family and friends, too expensive, the list could go on and on, say no, aborting one's child, fetus whatever one chooses to call it, is wrong. As I keep saying, God wrote the rules. He is the master of morality. Just because some activist judges in Texas interpreted the law to include abortion under the right to privacy concept, doesn't make the practice of killing the unborn okay to do. The clause 'right to privacy' cannot even be found in the US Constitution. That was a stretch made by Supreme Court Justices in 1965 when they struck down a law in Conneticut which banned the use of contraceptives.

The laws set in place prior to 1965ish, reflect what used to be America's accepted standard on morality and that of course, is the Word of God. My argument is this, if men choose to make laws which contradict God's laws/rules of morality, they are wrong in any case. Man's code of morality was and is, based on God's written Word.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You would make an outstanding fruit vendor, RV. You constantly demonstrate your skill at mixing apples and oranges. :biggrin:
Please show the apples and oranges. Conservatives want things one way, liberals want thing the other. Feel free to show any differences in our posts about conservatives and liberal voting/vieing things differently.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am getting ready to eat a Chick-fil-a salad. My wife plans to make another run or two tomorrow because of the planned nationwide "kiss-in." The more the national media wants to demonize Chick-fil-a and publicize the protests in a positive light, the more chicken the restaurant chain will sell.
Think I'll go on friday also.....dinner and a show. (hope there are some cute lesbians there:eyeroll::popcornSmile
Panther Thunder Wrote:Chick-Fil-a in Ashland

[Image: http://i45.tinypic.com/168wuu0.jpg]

[Image: http://i50.tinypic.com/35laumh.jpg]

Other Chick-Fil-a pics from across the country on Chick-Fil-a Appreciation Day. (The boycott is working)

[Image: http://i50.tinypic.com/27yxwxs.jpg]

[Image: http://i50.tinypic.com/2mgmgrd.jpg]

[Image: http://i49.tinypic.com/2m4ox3o.jpg]

[Image: http://i47.tinypic.com/kbppcg.jpg]

[Image: http://i50.tinypic.com/mn15kl.jpg]

[Image: http://i48.tinypic.com/2sb5nbq.jpg]

[Image: http://i45.tinypic.com/1zlxg9c.jpg]
I've never saw that many christians lined up to help at a food bank, or a homeless shelter, and that is something Jesus said to do.
^^
If you'd like to see a crowd show up to help the homeless and soup kichens, come on down to Harlan County any weekend, or holiday season (especially Thanksgiving and Christmas). I'm not sure if everyone is a Christian, that subject has never really surfaced. With the economy in the condition that it is in currently, there are lots of people out of work and in need. Christ's Hands is a place that attempts to help at the grass roots level. It's crowded on both sides; needy and volunteers.
TheRealVille Wrote:I've never saw that many christians lined up to help at a food bank, or a homeless shelter, and that is something Jesus said to do.
I don't consider this a reglious issue. I'm not a church goer but I fully support the guys right to express an opinion about something without being shutdown
When any type of comment or statement is made about a non-religious item, i.e. (Chick-Fli-A's owner's stance on gay marriage) from a religious person or religious group that doesn't sit right with the non-religious people/group/topic..... then it's national news. Protests and boycott's are planned, people are filing lawsuits... And the media makes the situation 10X worse than what it should be.

But when the situation is flipped flopped, i.e. (a gay pride group plans to rally at a church) then it's no big deal. It's not on CNN, doesn't make anybody's Facebook wall, there are no threads about it on BGR. It's like the non-religious groups just expect everybody else to roll over and just take it.

Does anybody else see a problem with that???? Cause if you don't, my friends.... this Nation and this World has one foot in the grave and the other foot is slipping.
TheRealVille Wrote:I've never saw that many christians lined up to help at a food bank, or a homeless shelter, and that is something Jesus said to do.

Are you saying that everyone of those people are Christians?

I would bet my house that they aren't.
zaga_fan Wrote:Are you saying that everyone of those people are Christians?

I would bet my house that they aren't.

Well said Mr. Crowder
Pulp Fiction Wrote:When any type of comment or statement is made about a non-religious item, i.e. (Chick-Fli-A's owner's stance on gay marriage) from a religious person or religious group that doesn't sit right with the non-religious people/group/topic..... then it's national news. Protests and boycott's are planned, people are filing lawsuits... And the media makes the situation 10X worse than what it should be.

But when the situation is flipped flopped, i.e. (a gay pride group plans to rally at a church) then it's no big deal. It's not on CNN, doesn't make anybody's Facebook wall, there are no threads about it on BGR. It's like the non-religious groups just expect everybody else to roll over and just take it.

Does anybody else see a problem with that???? Cause if you don't, my friends.... this Nation and this World has one foot in the grave and the other foot is slipping.
Personally, I think this nation may already be past the point of no return. If not, as you mention, we are teetering very close to the edge.
TheRealVille Wrote:Please show the apples and oranges. Conservatives want things one way, liberals want thing the other. Feel free to show any differences in our posts about conservatives and liberal voting/vieing things differently.
You made it clear that you will not do business at Chick-fil-a because of the religious beliefs of its CEO, and assumed that conservatives would feel the same way about Amazon.com. Yet, so far, not one conservative in this thread has advocated boycotting a business because of the religious beliefs of its owners.

Liberals see to go out of their way to destroy businesses that other people have worked hard to build simply for political reasons. In general, conservatives protest the actions of individuals and organizations instead of targeting businesses because they disagree with the opinions of the owners of those businesses. In other words, conservatives will protest what abortion mills do in the course of their business, but most of us could not care less what Jeff Bezos is doing with the money that he earns from Amazon. We conservatives may refuse to buy Ben and Jerry's ice cream but most of us have no desire to protest at Ben or Jerry's house or try to intimidate them into changing the way that they run their business. It is there business, not mine.

Out of the millions of conservatives in this country, you can certainly find plenty of exceptions to the general trend that I have described above, but that is the best distinction that I can draw between our views of the world. You can see the difference between liberals and conservatives by comparing the trash left behind an OWS and a Tea Party event. Liberals tend to be unhappy people who work hard to share their misery.
By the way wasn't Mr. Cathy's position on traditional marriage the same as President Obama's until May?
2004-At a debate for Illinois Senate candidates in 2004, Obama said he didn’t support same-sex marriage because when heterosexual couples marry, they “are performing something before God”—and marriage itself isn’t a right, anyway.

2007: A ‘Strong Supporter’ of Civil Unions

2008-candidate Obama defined marriage as a “sacred union” between a man and a woman

nky Wrote:
2004-At a debate for Illinois Senate candidates in 2004, Obama said he didn’t support same-sex marriage because when heterosexual couples marry, they “are performing something before God”—and marriage itself isn’t a right, anyway.

2007: A ‘Strong Supporter’ of Civil Unions

2008-candidate Obama defined marriage as a “sacred union” between a man and a woman

But he and Michelle has evolved, dont ya know.
politically evolved.
nky Wrote:By the way wasn't Mr. Cathy's position on traditional marriage the same as President Obama's until May?

Shhhhhhh! We're not allowed to mention that. It's whatever Barack says for THE DAY IN QUESTION is the gospel truth. Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]