Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recruit doesn't pick Tennessee because of the loss to Kentucky
It isn't a good sign for your football team when a recruit doesn't go to another school because your program beat them.

That is what Jason Hatcher of Louisville Trinity High School, who recently picked USC, is saying is the reason he didn't go to Tennessee.

In an article from MrSEC.com, Hatcher explains why Tennessee lost so much ground in his recruitment.

Quote:And prospects on the recruiting trail noticed. Questions about coach Derek Dooley’s job security filled up the “hot seat” columns during the offseason.

That’s why defensive end Jason Hatcher, who committed to Southern California last week, expressed concern about the loss to Kentucky with Tennessee’s coaches during the recruiting process.

“I told them, ‘You lost to the University of Kentucky. You lose to UK, you lose to everybody because UK finishes last in the SEC every year,” Hatcher told ESPN RecruitingNation.

Hatcher, who attends Louisville (Ky.) Trinity High School, committed to USC last week over Louisville. Tennessee had been in great shape with Hatcher before it lost to Kentucky, he said.

http://www.nationofblue.com/recruit-does...-uk-11995/
This is a kid with his head on straight that didnt waste his career on going to an instate schools that sucks and is going to a premier university.

Oh, and hes right.
Anything to help screw tennessee over.
It should hurt but I cannot stop laughing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If I had a choice between USC and UT; the lost to Kentucky wouldn't be the deal-breaker. The fact that it was UT would be the deal-breaker.

Which is probably why Lane Kiffin is at USC now lol
Let's see....

USC: Coach is the biggest douche on the planet, but the weather is awesome and so are the women, they are also very damn good.

UL: Hometown, weather is extremely bipolar by season with a coach who will probably jump at the first big time offer he gets. He probably has had enough of Indiana and wants a change of scenery.

UT: Got beat by UK. Coach is a nobody.

....Yea, looks like the kid made the right choice, and as a UK fan, I really hate to say that.
I just want to know...

am I the only Lane Kiffin fan on the site?

I know he's a douche-bag with a big mouth...

but is there anyone else out there that likes him as a coach?
^I thought he should have got more time with the Raiders, but he hasn't been anywhere long enough for me to learn his quality as a coach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes your the only one. Kiffin is an Ass.
Well I guess its not as bad as if Louisville would have beaten them.

I don't think Dooley makes it through the season.
FBALL Wrote:Well I guess its not as bad as if Louisville would have beaten them.

I don't think Dooley makes it through the season.

Dooley is to UT as what Kragthorpe was to Loserville as to what Joker is to UK.
^
Well said, but watch it, Jokers biggest fans are on here Confusednicker:
"Why So Serious!"
Yeah but Hatcher will end up regretting that one, Tennessee- 6 National Titles, 13 SEC Titles, Most Pros in the NFL out of the SEC...
LOFlashPride Wrote:Yeah but Hatcher will end up regretting that one, Tennessee- 6 National Titles, 13 SEC Titles, Most Pros in the NFL out of the SEC...

He won't regret anything at all. UT is going nowhere in the near future and USC is one of the premier teams. UT's glorious past won't make a difference to today's recruits. They want to win now. not 2 decades ago.
Tennessee looked like they were on their way back up with Lane Kiffin.

But Kiffin played it smart!
He knew that at USC he can coast to a national title game and he took UT's hope of contending with him.
LOFlashPride Wrote:Yeah but Hatcher will end up regretting that one, Tennessee- 6 National Titles, 13 SEC Titles, Most Pros in the NFL out of the SEC...

Most current NFL players from SEC schools, that is if you do not count LSU, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, South Carolina or Georgia.
i know he went with auburn but he is not on their roster whats up with him and would he be a good addition to the Kats