Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 8 Allen Central 1 (All A 15th Region)
Don't have any stats just a score, congrats to Coach Howard. Good job guys, keep playing hard.
Congrats to Paintsville.
Allen Central was supposed to be one of the best teams in the 15th ! Whats wrong with them?
Congratulations Paintsville!!!

Who do they play tomorrow in the finals?
:Thumbs: :Cheerlead :Clap: TongueirateSho wtg guys!!!
blackwidow Wrote:Congratulations Paintsville!!!

Who do they play tomorrow in the finals?

Winner of the Pikeville/Sheldon Clark game, that game was tied at 1 in the 2nd inning.
WTG Tigers! Keep up the good work!

Pikeville mercied SCHS 11-1, so Paintsville / Pikeville final tomorrow @ 3pm.
blackcat_student Wrote:Allen Central was supposed to be one of the best teams in the 15th ! Whats wrong with them?

The score doesn't indicate how good a game this game was. Paintsville just nit picked their runs on AC mistakes. Grimm pitched a great game -- one of the greatest outings I've seen in a while from a HS pitcher. Paintsville played great baseball and AC couldn't get the bats going. That's the story of the game. I like the way Paintsville played today. They looked impressive. AC also showed some signs of being a very great baseball team in the 15th. I'm sure as they get more games under their belt and a feel for who they are they'll be just fine.
Grimm pitched a great game today. He walked only 1 batter and that was in the 7th inning. One of the best control games, I've seen him pitch. He also had 14 strikeouts. He was also 3-3 at the plate ane walked once. Great game Paintsville. Good luck tomorrow against Pikeville.
who pitched for AC
Little I do believe but I could be wrong as that's who I was told it was.
Little came out during the 2nd inning because of some elbow problems. Josh Prater came in for relief and did a fine job holding his own. Paintsville played baseball the way it should be played. They got runners on, moved them over, and got them in with well excuted hitting. Grimm pitched one of the best games I've witnessed in a while. AC just couldn't hit the ball...plain and simple. Congratulations Paintsville and Good Luck against Pikeville.
I didn't think that AC would make it.
I think those first 4 losses really helped Paintsville more than it hurt them.
I am not sure about the losses as much as the teams they played.
After watching the AC and Paintsville game yesterday this is the impression I get of both teams.

Paintsville is well coached and has a lot of talented athletes. Grimm did a great job keeping AC's players on their heels. They seem to have good team chemistry already early in the season. Not much to dislike about this team. Although, like many teams in the 15th...Paintsville as a team, needs to work on their sportsmanship. This isn't new to the program. They are famous for this.
All in all, they have a great new coach in Tucker Howard. He has fantastic assistant coaches...especially Coach Lyons. Other than the attitudes...they are a first-class program.

As for AC...I think it's going to take a couple of weeks and maybe 10 games for them figure out the roles on their team. They don't have the chemistry that Paintsville has right now. AC has the talent and intelligence on their team to compete with everyone.

Everyone in the stands yesterday noticed and commented on some of the disturbing tendencies of a couple of AC's players though. AC had one kid strike out 3 straight times and every single time he came back to the dugout, he first threw his bat and then threw his helmet. It's bad enough to strike out...but drawing attention to yourself by throwing mini-fits of rage really displays poor judgement and character. If you strike out...run off the field with class...don't punish everyone with your baby-like tantrums.

Players on AC's team could be overheard getting on the kid for acting like a child. If I were the coach for AC...I would of put the kid on the bench after the first episode of immaturity...and left him there for a few games. Also, I've heard plenty of college coaches say there is no way they would take a kids that shows this lack of integrity.

AC will probably win 17-20 games...if they can straighten out the "playpen" (not the dugout in this case). What a shame for 17-18 year old kids to act like that. 1 or 2 players "acting out" ruins it for everyone...that might be the downfall for AC this season.

Good luck to AC and Paintsville for the remainder of the season!
Lost Ball-

What are the sportsmanship concerns you have about Paintsville? I was not at the game, but would like to know what went on.
2000PHS

Paintsville team...just like just about every team...particularly in the 15th...they trash talk way too much. It can be overheard in the stands. They are and outstanding and first-class team....I would just like to see ALL teams cut out all the attitudes. It's almost like all the kids (from all teams) think they've actually achieved something in their young lives that entitles them to be disrespectful.

Not so much of a knock on Paintsville...but most teams in general.
Like I said...Paintsville has always had a great program and I suspect the tradition will carry on this year too. Congrats on the win over AC!