Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dusty to spend his Sunday in EKY
Watch out my brethren in the EKY region, Dusty is coming to town....

Heading out in a few short minutes to the Campton area. It's been a while since I have been to the O'Hair family graveyard in Trent to visit the sites of many long past relatives, most notably my mother. While in the area I'm going to visit staples that I did as a kid when we went down south, that being Sky Bridge and Chimney Rock. May head over to West Liberty where my father's home on Cougar St. is close to being finalized after being rebuilt due to the Tornado earlier in the year.

I'll try not to leave a forever lasting scar on the region before I head back to sweet ole' Alexandria.....

:welcome:
You could always swing by Corbin, albeit, its a ot farther south lol.
I hope you have a safe trip Dusty.
Be safe Dust
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
You better had your "country" on in that neck of the woods!!!

I know I had to get my "city" on this weekend; moving my grand daughter into the dorm at UK. I cannot believe she's in college!!! Where does the time go?
It was a quite enjoyable trip. No place to eat, but was a nice day for the trip to the Mountains
That's because mountain folk normally COOK their meals!!!
I didn't want squirrel and greens
Why not? Squirrel with dumplings and a side of collard greens is an amazing meal!!

It beats 950 calories/bite from the drive-thru!!
Confusednicker:
Had to wait until we got all the way back to Paris just to have a sit down meal (versus sitting down under the tree from where the squirrel was shot)....
Stardust Wrote:Had to wait until we got all the way back to Paris just to have a sit down meal (versus sitting down under the tree from where the squirrel was shot)....

I love Paris. Where did you eat?
Stardust Wrote:Had to wait until we got all the way back to Paris just to have a sit down meal (versus sitting down under the tree from where the squirrel was shot)....

But that's REAL, not to mention getting back to nature!
^ Getting back to nature for me is a 6 pack and a pizza outside on the patio!!!!
Westside Wrote:I love Paris. Where did you eat?

Clay's, really good food
SD ill agree there.. I only go through Campton on my way to Lex.
There is nothing to eat from Hazard to Lex until you get into Winchester.. There is always the Campton Inn.. Dunno if they serve bed and breakfast but if they do thats the only F-Food you"ll find.
Ballers Wrote:SD ill agree there.. I only go through Campton on my way to Lex.
There is nothing to eat from Hazard to Lex until you get into Winchester.. There is always the Campton Inn.. Dunno if they serve bed and breakfast but if they do thats the only F-Food you"ll find.

Do what??? I can think of a McDonalds, a Long John Silvers. a Wendy's , and a KFC in Jackson.

In Stanton, you have a Dairy Queen, McDonalds, Long John Silver's, and an A & W just off the top of my head.

You also have a Dairy Queen and an Arbys in Campton that I can think of as well.

Does someone else do the driving when you go through those towns while you sleep?....lol
Ballers Wrote:SD ill agree there.. I only go through Campton on my way to Lex.

I used to eat at the Campton Inn everytime I'd go to Campton. So, told my wife we would wait yo eat until we get to Campton Inn. Well, its closed up! The only food for 50 miles and it's closed:igiveup:
Bob Seger Wrote:Do what??? I can think of a McDonalds, a Long John Silvers. a Wendy's , and a KFC in Jackson.

In Stanton, you have a Dairy Queen, McDonalds, Long John Silver's, and an A & W just off the top of my head.

You also have a Dairy Queen and an Arbys in Campton that I can think of as well.

Does someone else do the driving when you go through those towns while you sleep?....lol

I said sit-down meal, us northern folk has to have our cloth napkins:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:I said sit-down meal, us northern folk has to have our cloth napkins:biggrin:

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuse meeeeeeeee!!! :igiveup::igiveup:

:biggrin:
Exactly!!
Feed him squirrel & greens!!
just eat
I'm not eating anything that may have crawled out of one of those outhouses.....:Shaking:
And yet you will eat catfish as long as it's served with a folded cloth napkin????
:thatsfunn:thatsfunn
Granny Bear Wrote:And yet you will eat catfish as long as it's served with a folded cloth napkin????
:thatsfunn:thatsfunn

I eat regular fish, not Catfish, Angelfish, Starfish, Monkeyfish - nope, just plain ole fish........