Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd County 22 - Shelby Valley 0
final
This game was out of hand . Half of Boyd co team should have been ejected
I'm sure you're referring to the fight, and I would say after all the suspensions are handed out that Morgan County and East Carter will find Boyd County a little easier to handle. No doubt there will be more after the game is reviewed.
congrats to Boyd
I heard it was some key players as well for Boyd.
Now, Valley didn't play well , but it seem like the officials were letting Boyd Co get away with cheap shot .ALSO why wasn't any of Boyd Co players ejected, but Valleys were!!!!!!
Boyd Co. 60+ players Vs. Valleys 11. And no players were ejected off Boyd. But 2 of Valleys were.
What started it? Will someone just cut the chase and give an educated and objective (as best you can) summary of what happened?
Well from what I hear there were a few remarks made on race that started it. It did get too out of hand. Boyd should have quite a few suspended, and Valley may have 1 or 2.
I was at the game and from what I saw, a shelby valley player tripped a boyd player then all chaos broke out. You want your team to be tough but it was a dumb mistake to fight. And 3 of our starters were kicked out to shelbys two and they will not play next week either which really hurts.
according to paper Boyd had 3 suspended and SV 2 heard it all started on a extremely late hit by SV. Nice DEFENCE by BC led by 2 interceptions by Jason Smith Good luck the rest of the year.
Now the big question is "Will it be enforced?" Seems not much is these days.
KHSAA should have a DISQUALIFICATION listing on their web page.
LionEagle Wrote:according to paper Boyd had 3 suspended and SV 2 heard it all started on a extremely late hit by SV. Nice DEFENCE by BC led by 2 interceptions by Jason Smith Good luck the rest of the year.

Which paper? :thanks:
F.N.L. Wrote:Which paper? :thanks:

Ashland paper.
What started it all, is a Boyd player and a Valley player were shoving eachother. Then the Boyd Player made a racist remark to one of our players the was trying to break them up. As soon as me made the remark he was on his back. After that Everything broke loose. All of Boyd Co. sidelines cleared. (Which is an automatic disqualification). Valley stayed on their sidelines while their starting 11 took on the whole Boyd team. I was at the game lastnight and NONE of Boyds starters were ejected. There were only 3 ejected off the sidelines all the starters still played. While 2 of valleys starters were ejected.
Boyd had three ejected they sat on the bench the rest of the game !!!!
That were already on the sidelines...
Does anybody have a video of this?

And wouldn't care to post it or send it out on a P.M.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Does anybody have a video of this?

And wouldn't care to post it or send it out on a P.M.

Shelby Valleys camera man quit filming at half time & Do you honestly think that Boyd would hand over their game film from this? They would have an automatic DQ and half of their team would be suspended. I'd say that game film is long gone by now.
I wasn't at the game . But I read the article in the Ashland paper. Two SV players were ejected. Three were tossed from Boyd Co. I don't know if boyd's were starters , but according to the article Cain Cooksey, Brandon Bryant and Justin Holcomb were the Boyd players. The article didn't list the SV players
It was unfortunate that this happened, however, I like seeing the Boyd Co coming to the aid of a fellow team mate being kicked in the head by SV. I was there down close to the field on Boyd side and SV wasn't innocent in this.
I was also there. Several cheap shots were taken by both teams early in the game. When the fight broke out #51 from SV was hit pretty hard after the whistle. Two players got into it(according to the SV player racial remarks were made toward him). Boyd County had around 30 kids leave the sideline and joined in on the fight,SV coaches kept their kids on the sideline. There were 5-8 players on every SV player. Two SV kids were trying to break it up when they were tackled and beat on by 3-5 Boyd players. Even after the fight Boyd continued to take cheap shots after the whistle. I blame Boyd's coaches and the so-called referees for the entire event. Boyd took a step back from last years coaching staff.
All i do is win Wrote:Shelby Valleys camera man quit filming at half time & Do you honestly think that Boyd would hand over their game film from this? They would have an automatic DQ and half of their team would be suspended. I'd say that game film is long gone by now.

I 100% DO have a copy of this, and YES the fight is on it.
It never ceases to amaze me is how the different fans see it. I was there and I could not hear anything said on the field both teams did things wrong so did the refs but with parents and fans telling a distorted view no wonder the officials are reluctant to do anything.
F.N.L. Wrote:I 100% DO have a copy of this, and YES the fight is on it.
Well i would hold on to it if i were you, because i'd say that you are one of the VERY FEW people that has it. I would appreciate it if i could get a copy of this in a PM if you don't mind.
Sounds like undisciplined actions by both teams. I don't know a lot about Boyd but i know that the coach at Shelby Valley had no discipline at his previous head coaching stop. I saw kids try to fight him and do things that are unacceptable on a football field and he did nothing to punish or discipline these players.
oline Wrote:Sounds like undisciplined actions by both teams. I don't know a lot about Boyd but i know that the coach at Shelby Valley had no discipline at his previous head coaching stop. I saw kids try to fight him and do things that are unacceptable on a football field and he did nothing to punish or discipline these players.

Well I don't think you know Coach Stepp very well, because this team is very disciplined. Not one kid on the team has ever talked back or lashed out at him in anyway. I know for a fact he punishes his players for acting up in school. So either your full of it or this man changed his life completley in a year. Which one do you think it is? :lmao:
I hate the fact that this happened. I wasn't at the game, so I cannot and will not attempt to speculate as to who or whom started it. I do know the the KHSAA has been very strict on this in the past and I am sure that they will demand a copy of the film for review. As to what they will do afterward, I do not know. Hopefully both squads will put this behind them and move forward.
I don't know about tripping, but I know there was racial slurrs from Boyd directed to Valley. He ignored it for the first couple of times, but after awhile,come on, really!!!! I agree fighting isn't the answer, but Boyd Co. Showed no class what so ever, their parents and coaches need to start teaching them some respect for others!!! This is high school ball, we need our kids to be learning good sportsman ship and how to treat others, come on, it is suppose to be fun!