Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 4 Johnson Central 1
Any stats on the night? I heard the Lady BatKats were just that tonight...BATKATS! I know Varney, Bentley, and Fleming each had a triple, but that is all I heard. My informant said Fleming's triple could have very easily been an inside the park homerun, but the 3B obstructed her path to third and she was forced to stay put. Congrats Lady BatKats on a good win!
Congrats on another good win Shelby Valley...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Do you have any stats Alfus?
Good game Batkats.....:Thumbs:
eagerbeaver Wrote:Any stats on the night? I heard the Lady BatKats were just that tonight...BATKATS! I know Varney, Bentley, and Fleming each had a triple, but that is all I heard. My informant said Fleming's triple could have very easily been an inside the park homerun, but the 3B obstructed her path to third and she was forced to stay put. Congrats Lady BatKats on a good win!

For most an in the park homerun is just a series of errors not a great hit!! Proud of those Lady Eagles!!
ballfan87 Wrote:For most an in the park homerun is just a series of errors not a great hit!! Proud of those Lady Eagles!!

Then that would not be a homerun...In this case, there were no errors except for the poor performance of the base umpire and her unwillingness to call obstruction on the 3rd baseman. It was all captured on video, and I had the opportunity to see it unfold. Also, Cortney Bentley had an opportunity to score on her triple, but once again obstruction prevented the attempt. This was probably a good thing, it looked like she would have been gunned down at the plate.
Congrats to Valley on the win
eagerbeaver Wrote:Then that would not be a homerun...In this case, there were no errors except for the poor performance of the base umpire and her unwillingness to call obstruction on the 3rd baseman. It was all captured on video, and I had the opportunity to see it unfold. Also, Cortney Bentley had an opportunity to score on her triple, but once again obstruction prevented the attempt. This was probably a good thing, it looked like she would have been gunned down at the plate.
most umpires,coaches and players do not understand obstruction or interference so it is rarely called in high school play.a lot of umpires do not even understand fastpitch pitching rules,sending runners back because they did not wait until the catcher had recieved the pitch.of course it is generally the same for both teams.the only problem I see is when umpires work for one of the schools playing at least gives the appearance of favoritism.I believe the third base umpire in that game is a bus driver for the johnson county system and of couse federation rules allow for appeals to the khsaa.that won't change the outcome but will alert to umpire notifications to review federation rules concerning controversial plays.most coaches won't take the the time though to go through the process especially if they come away with the win.but a win is a win.