Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Basketball next year
OK now i know there has been alot of moving and shaking going on in the Kentucky basketball program, but i think they will be a top 25 team next year or hopefully a top 15. If Tubby can acquire some more talent with Williams' scolarship, they will be even better.

What do you guys think?
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=13078
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sorry my bad
No big deal man...It was on page 2 so it's been a couple weeks anyways...I still stand by what I said in that thread
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
another rebuilding year
Seams to be the heading to every season now at UK!
Some info and some Q/A from the three UK signee's: Perry Stevenson, Jodie Meeks, Derrick Jasper !

DERRICK JASPER
6-5 PG, Paso Robles, Calif.

As a high school senior: 16 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds

Player you try to emulate: "Jason Kidd. I really like Jason Kidd, like his all-around game."

Describe your game: "I'm a big guard and that gives me an advantage. I can see over little guards and make plays. And I rebound a lot."

Why Kentucky: "I like their style of play. I like to play defense and Kentucky will make you play defense. And I wanted to play for Tubby Smith. He's a father-type guy."

Message about next year: "I think we can come in and bring the program back up to the top."

JODIE MEEKS

6-4 SG, Norcross, Ga.

As a high school senior: 23.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg and 4.2 assists while leading Norcross High to Georgia's Class 5A state championship.

Player you try to emulate: "Chauncey Billups. He's got a strong body, like me, and he's got an all-around game."

Describe your game: "I'm a real strong player. I drive a lot, but I've really improved my outside shooting (Meeks lit it up from three-point range yesterday in a White Team half-court scrimmage). I think my strengths are my basketball IQ and my driving."

Why Kentucky: "The fans are real enthusiastic about the game. That was real good. And Coach Smith is a great coach. It just felt right."

Message about next year: "I'm excited about coming. We're going to be a good team next year. Don't worry."

PERRY STEVENSON[U]
6-9 F, Lafayette, La.

As a high school senior: 15 ppg, 11 rpg, eight blocks a game as Northside High won Louisiana's Class 4A state championship.

Player you try to emulate: "I try to pattern myself after Kevin Garnett. We sort of have the same build. I'm trying to get where he is."

Describe your game: "My offense is coming around, but I'm still working on that. Defense, it just kind of comes natural. I pride myself on defense. I'd rather get a block or a steal than a dunk."

Why Kentucky: "I went to Midnight Madness. That was just a practice, and they had like 24, 25,000 people" in attendance. "That was pretty exciting. I want to be part of that."

Message about next year: Given Kentucky's forward situation, "I definitely think there is an opportunity for me to come in and help out, to play. I definitely think I can do it."

Got this from kentucky.com
There comments really do make me look foward to next season ! Plus, they're playing in a white vs black game tonight in Freedom Hall at 7pm and on there on the white team and two Louisville signee's will play on the black team !
any news on how the UK players did in the game
Haven't heard but looking forward to hearing
The game went to OT with UK signee Jodie Meeks hitting two free throws with 1.1 sec left to send it to OT ! The White outscored the black team 19-7 in the OT and 118-106 final. Also in the game where Duke signees and Louisville signees and Tennesse signees, and Georgia Tech Signee !

6'4/Jodie Meeks- 0-5 from 3- 17 pts
6'9/Perry Stevenson- 10 pts- 5 reb- 1 blk
6'5/Derrick Jasper- 7 pts- 8 rebs- 5 asst.
They said the game resembled a pick up game !
Hopefully these players can help kentucky next year
blackcatfan_48 Wrote:Hopefully these players can help kentucky next year

Sounds like they will, and maybe UK will climb to the top again
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Sounds like they will, and maybe UK will climb to the top again
I have no doubt we will be back at the top next year...none...
corndog23 Wrote:I have no doubt we will be back at the top next year...none...

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! I don't know, it just hasn't been Kentucky basketball lately. Hopefully, though
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
blackcat_student Wrote:The game went to OT with UK signee Jodie Meeks hitting two free throws with 1.1 sec left to send it to OT ! The White outscored the black team 19-7 in the OT and 118-106 final. Also in the game where Duke signees and Louisville signees and Tennesse signees, and Georgia Tech Signee !

6'4/Jodie Meeks- 0-5 from 3- 17 pts
6'9/Perry Stevenson- 10 pts- 5 reb- 1 blk
6'5/Derrick Jasper- 7 pts- 8 rebs- 5 asst.

I like the looks of that except Meeks' from 3 but everybody has an off night
Interesting website here that Jodie Meeks runs.. http://www.jodiemeeks.net
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just hope someone can start producing some points on a regular basis, a REAL go to man. Sparks was so inconsistant, you never knew. But I'm sure Tubby wants a team effort so that no one player getting shut down, shuts down the team. Plus we have got to get a heck of lot more rebounds from the big men.
rebuilding year
I seen highlights of I think Stevenson and I really think he will get a wakeup call and see that college is a different story. He will get broken in college!
I think Stevenson will be big for the cats wants he gets some experience under his belt
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I seen highlights of I think Stevenson and I really think he will get a wakeup call and see that college is a different story. He will get broken in college!

I'm glad you can tell how his college career will go based on some highlights...Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cats all the way to the top next year...
All these guys are role players at best. Not one of them will average over 10 points next year. Unless Morris turns into Wilt Chamberlin over the summer it will be another long season for basketball fans.
alfus21 Wrote:I'm glad you can tell how his college career will go based on some highlights...Smile
Yeah, I am usually right thanks! :Thumbs: :thumpsup: :howdy:
With the incoming freshmen getting more than usual amount of playing time, I think next season will be much like the past season.