Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok has anyone noticed???????????
Heard by the summer it could get up $4.00
I hope the gas prices dont get to 4.00 i will have to start walkin everywhere i go
We, again made a trip to Hazard today....bought gas for $2.61 a gallon....Never thought I would be bragging about buying gas for that price ....needless to say tho I filled er up...
I hope it doesn't get to $400 a gallon...I'm *HOPEFULLY* getting a job at one of the 10 places I applied and if it goes nay higher my pay check will be all used for gas!
Its the republicans they gas tax prices are redicilous.
I don't know who it is but I do know that gas prices better be going down by the time I move to Richmond or my little Corolla won't be traveling home as much as my mom thinks! lol
Bush might not be the problem, but he sure isnt helpin fix it... he is gettin rich like the rest of them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
My mom has told me plenty of times about how she has seen people just put $2 in there vehicle because they couldnt pay anymore than that! She has gave people money because they didnt have enough to pay for what they put in ! This is a problem our President should be taking care of !
Homer Simpson Wrote:Its the republicans they gas tax prices are redicilous.
Smile Smile Are you saying that the republicans put a tax on the gas? That is what is making it so high? Yes, there is a tax, but I don't see any democrats pushing for the tax to be cut.
Beef Wrote:Smile Smile Are you saying that the republicans put a tax on the gas? That is what is making it so high? Yes, there is a tax, but I don't see any democrats pushing for the tax to be cut.

:thumpsup:
i dont care who is pushing for the tax on gas or who is responsible for the increase in price, whoever it is ought to be beat with a whip and fed to sharks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

Homer Simpson Wrote:Its the republicans they gas tax prices are redicilous.

Which taxes are you referring to. There are around 38 cents of tax on every gallon of gas sold. This is a combination of federal and state taxes and have been like this for some time now.
Theres two sides to every story, and I don't think anyone here has yet touched on the real reasons for the gas hikes. Believe it or not, the U.S. exports oil we get from our land to other countries and have forever.
Bush and chaney both are for the oil company they are shareholders. Did you see how much profit the oil company made last year? This is third quarter last year 2005.The industry's third-quarter profits jumped 62 percent to nearly $26 billion as Exxon Mobil, the nation's biggest oil company, posted the fattest corporate profit in history. Oil company's stocks are up some 40 percent from a year ago.
BurntTires Wrote:Heard today gas was over 3.00 gallon in Beckly, WV .....And a guy asked me today at the Belfry speedway did I know anybody that wanted to trade a car for two mules. I told him the price of corn would go up then.
Cute and Random i like it...lol
DTfan Wrote:I don't think that's 21 was that bad but it could be a little cheaper...espically since most people pay 30 or more for a fill-up.

when i first got my corolla i could fill up from the E @ 1.60 something for around 14-15 dollars. Now @ 2.69 takes $26 to fill it up. But i agree it could be alot cheaper but im glad it's not like 70-80 dollars. I would never fill up again if it was!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
I just paid 28 dollars to fill mine up and my car was above a quarter of a tank...like close to a half. I figure it'll probably be about $40 to fill it up if it were on empty.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
Cali Wrote:I just paid 28 dollars to fill mine up and my car was above a quarter of a tank...like close to a half. I figure it'll probably be about $40 to fill it up if it were on empty.

dang you much have a v6 or a big gas tank.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
venom93 Wrote:Clinton couldn't have stopped the hurricanes. They weren't drilling for oil here when he was in office. You can't blame the price of gas right now on who is in office. The war in Iraq isn't why gas is $3.00 a gallon. The president is a scapegoat for the ignorant.

Amen Brother

This looks interesting though http://www.energy.gov.ab.ca/89.asp
If I could afford the insurance on it, I would buy a crotchrocket instead of driving my car. They go faster, look cooler, and would work to get me where I'm going.

thetribe Wrote:If I could afford the insurance on it, I would buy a crotchrocket instead of driving my car. They go faster, look cooler, and would work to get me where I'm going.
i would like to have a motorcycle for most of my daily driving.. they are better on gas.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thetribe Wrote:If I could afford the insurance on it, I would buy a crotchrocket instead of driving my car. They go faster, look cooler, and would work to get me where I'm going.

My husband bought one when we only had one child and she was 2. I loved it. I actually drove it too!

I wouldn't mind having another one, but I just can't figure out where to put the 2 younger kids!!!Confusedhh: Smile
:flame:GAS IN P'BURG WENT UP TO $2.95 FOR REGULAR TODAY AT SPEEDWAY DOWNTOWN!!!
:Angry07: :moon: :help:
crude oil went to an all time high today in early trading upon speculation of Iran nuclear concerns and shortened supply in Nigeria due to guerilla fighting. Gas prices are expected to jump almost $.40 a gallon.

note: none of these issues are the Presidents fault! Crude oil operates on a global market.
Oil is over 71 bucks a barrel today...Gas should keep shooting up to around $3.20 or so easily in the next day or two
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gas prices are crazy, they dont have to be this high just bc vacation time is around the corner ........
I put 12 dollars in my car and drove about 20 miles and my gas light came on.
THUNDERCHILD Wrote::flame:GAS IN P'BURG WENT UP TO $2.95 FOR REGULAR TODAY AT SPEEDWAY DOWNTOWN!!!
:Angry07: :moon: :help:

I noticed that too!
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
I read a couple of analysts reports today, and they are predicting $3.50-$4.00 gallon prices by mid-summer. Is it just me, or are these analyst"s predictons "self-serving". It seems that no sooner than they post their reports, the gas prices go up accordingly.

Exxon gave their retiring CEO, Lee R. Raymond, a 69.7 million dollar compensation package and a 98 million dollar pension payout. It even has some shareholders and economists asking "How much is enough".
Not that I'm rubbing it in -- But I filled my standard-shift Ford Focus up for 25 bucks and am currently getting 35 miles per gallon. Its a good feeling.

Yes, I'd like for prices to go down, so maybe I could pay 15 bucks for a tank of gas, but its not breaking me to pay for gas right now...

People should consider getting more fuel efficient vehicles. Demand for fuel would be lower...