Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOJ sues Gallup polling firm
What a timing coincidence! Obama starts sliding in the polls, including the Gallup polls and his "Justice" Department files a lawsuit against the polling firm. Does anybody else think that this lawsuit is intended to send a loud and clear message to other polling firms with the most important polls of the campaign yet to be conducted? Nah, it was probably just a coincidence. Just like it was just dumb luck that MSNBC was the recipient of $500,000 of taxpayers' money and proceeded to report news as if it were issuing press releases from the West Wing of the White House.

[INDENT]
Quote:[COLOR="Blue"]DOJ sues Gallup polling firm

Justice Department officials joined a whistle blower lawsuit and alleged that The Gallup Organization, a major polling firm, intentionally overestimated the amount of time it would take to complete a job for the government and was paid accordingly.

“Contractors who do business with the federal government must honor their obligations to provide honest services and products,” said U.S. Attorney Ronald C. Machen Jr. in a statement on the lawsuit. “Working with relators and federal investigators, we will do all that we can to act against those who illegitimately bill the American taxpayers.”

Gallup, known as one of the premier polling firms with respect to presidential politics, had contracts to conduct surveys for the U.S. Mint and the State Department in addition to other government agencies.
[/COLOR]
[/INDENT]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:What a timing coincidence! Obama starts sliding in the polls, including the Gallup polls and his "Justice" Department files a lawsuit against the polling firm. Does anybody else think that this lawsuit is intended to send a loud and clear message to other polling firms with the most important polls of the campaign yet to be conducted? Nah, it was probably just a coincidence. Just like it was just dumb luck that MSNBC was the recipient of $500,000 of taxpayers' money and proceeded to report news as if it were issuing press releases from the West Wing of the White House.

[INDENT][/INDENT]
Do a study of the electoral votes. Obama wins.
TheRealVille Wrote:Do a study of the electoral votes. Obama wins.
And how is your comment relevant to the OP? It is a little early to derail this thread, isn't it RV? The polls are moving and they are moving in one direction right now. Obama was having a tough time running from his record but now he has to put some daylight between Biden and himself.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:And how is your comment relevant to the OP? It is a little early to derail this thread, isn't it RV? The polls are moving and they are moving in one direction right now. Obama was having a tough time running from his record but now he has to put some daylight between Biden and himself.
Like I said, do a little study of the electoral, you might be surprised, or not not.

If so, our way of life loses. The USA becomes Nanny Nation.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/22...ostpopular
:trolldad2:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:And how is your comment relevant to the OP? It is a little early to derail this thread, isn't it RV? The polls are moving and they are moving in one direction right now. Obama was having a tough time running from his record but now he has to put some daylight between Biden and himself.
According to the news I listened to today(CBS News), they reported that Obama's electoral margin was getting wider. He is 31 votes ahead, 237 to 206, at present. You are correct, they are moving, just not in the direction you would wish.
Someone should listen to as different news
MustangSally Wrote:Someone should listen to as different news
Maybe you should pay attention to more than Fox.
Fox's polls have shown Obama ahead for the past several weeks until the most recent one, which has Romney ahead by 1. Most polls have been "registered voter" polls which usually favor Democrats and are usually much less accurate predictors than "likely voter" polls.

The last Fox poll taken was an LV poll. The previous one was an RV poll, which had Obama up by 9. That sure looks like Fox is biased towards Romney to me. :eyeroll:

Anybody who really wants to see how the polls are trending should be looking at the Real Clear Politics website, which still has Obama up in the Electoral College race by a 221-191 margin but the recent trend has been all Romney.

If Romney decides to make Biden's stupidity and Obama's poor judgment for putting Biden on the ticket a campaign issue, which he should do, it will be an entertaining campaign for the next three months. Who knows what stupid things Biden would say if Romney makes Biden's competence a major issue.
polls and projections in August are meaningless
TheRealVille Wrote:Maybe you should pay attention to more than Fox.

I took your advice and checked out nky's link. It really feels good to stretch one's legs a little bit and surf the real news, LOL. Did you even bother to look at it or were you dreading having to see the truth? It cites two University of Colorado profs---"Ken Bickers from CU-Boulder and Michael Berry from CU-Denver, the two political science professors who devised the prediction model, say that it has correctly forecast every winner of the electoral race since 1980.

"Based on our forecasting model, it becomes clear that the president is in electoral trouble," Bickers said in a press statement."

You have heard of the Huffington Post, right? Enjoy your last two months basking in the glow of liberal mania, cause that's all that remains of the the Obama shipwreck of state. But hey, look at it this way. By the time Romney's 8 years are up the country will be in such good shape we will be able to withstand another liberal democratic assault on the institutions of the US and the American way of life. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Confusedhh: it more fun watching the silliness
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Fox's polls have shown Obama ahead for the past several weeks until the most recent one, which has Romney ahead by 1. Most polls have been "registered voter" polls which usually favor Democrats and are usually much less accurate predictors than "likely voter" polls.

The last Fox poll taken was an LV poll. The previous one was an RV poll, which had Obama up by 9. That sure looks like Fox is biased towards Romney to me. :eyeroll:

Anybody who really wants to see how the polls are trending should be looking at the Real Clear Politics website, which still has Obama up in the Electoral College race by a 221-191 margin but the recent trend has been all Romney.

If Romney decides to make Biden's stupidity and Obama's poor judgment for putting Biden on the ticket a campaign issue, which he should do, it will be an entertaining campaign for the next three months. Who knows what stupid things Biden would say if Romney makes Biden's competence a major issue.

These polls right now are a little slanted toward the Obama camp. They're using the 2008 voting model. Therefore they are polling more dems based on the data of the past election as if independents, blue dog dems, and crossover republican voters will vote for Obama again this time. It's way early to start feeling good if you're an Obama supporter.

Romney's energy proposal will put 3 million folks to work at the minimum. Meanwhile, the green agenda albatross hangs around the neck of Obama. No way can he ever deny he nixed the Canadian pipeline for so-called environmental concerns. Yeah right, like that oil is going to jump right out of that line and pollute the pristine landscape, well almost pristine, there are those thousands of pipelines that are already in the ground. Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anything before Labor Day is nonsense. Once both parties have laid out their platforms at the conventions and that hype/attacks die down we get into the real nitty gritty of the campaign.
TheRealThing Wrote:These polls right now are a little slanted toward the Obama camp. They're using the 2008 voting model. Therefore they are polling more dems based on the data of the past election as if independents, blue dog dems, and crossover republican voters will vote for Obama again this time. It's way early to start feeling good if you're an Obama supporter.

Romney's energy proposal will put 3 million folks to work at the minimum. Meanwhile, the green agenda albatross hangs around the neck of Obama. No way can he ever deny he nixed the Canadian pipeline for so-called environmental concerns. Yeah right, like that oil is going to jump right out of that line and pollute the pristine landscape, well almost pristine, there are those thousands of pipelines that are already in the ground. Confusednicker:
It will jump out and head to China:HitWall:
nky Wrote:Anything before Labor Day is nonsense. Once both parties have laid out their platforms at the conventions and that hype/attacks die down we get into the real nitty gritty of the campaign.

True. I did think Romney's commitment to use homegrown energy reserves was a big deal though. Not only does it underscore the fact that we have all the energy resources we need but, it calls out the liberals and the green morons for handcuffing American industry and denying 3 million plus folks high paying dependable jobs. If there is anything more stupid than the green agenda I haven't heard of it yet. To analogize today's madness, with the EPA stangling the life out of our land, it would be like a man sitting on a bale of $50's near starvation and homeless. Duh!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I took your advice and checked out nky's link. It really feels good to stretch one's legs a little bit and surf the real news, LOL. Did you even bother to look at it or were you dreading having to see the truth? It cites two University of Colorado profs---"Ken Bickers from CU-Boulder and Michael Berry from CU-Denver, the two political science professors who devised the prediction model, say that it has correctly forecast every winner of the electoral race since 1980.

"Based on our forecasting model, it becomes clear that the president is in electoral trouble," Bickers said in a press statement."

You have heard of the Huffington Post, right? Enjoy your last two months basking in the glow of liberal mania, cause that's all that remains of the the Obama shipwreck of state. But hey, look at it this way. By the time Romney's 8 years are up the country will be in such good shape we will be able to withstand another liberal democratic assault on the institutions of the US and the American way of life. :biggrin:
We shall see. BTW, I will save this post for after November.
TheRealVille Wrote:We shall see. BTW, I will save this post for after November.

Please do, a printer could actually make a vinyl banner pretty cheap that you could hang up in your garage. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Please do, a printer could actually make a vinyl banner pretty cheap that you could hang up in your garage. :Thumbs:
Polls have Obama ahead, with the electoral polls being the strongest. I will definitely print a BGR banner, when it happens.
TheRealVille Wrote:Polls have Obama ahead, with the electoral polls being the strongest. I will definitely print a BGR banner, when it happens.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows Mitt Romney and President Obama each attracting support from 45% of voters nationwide. Five percent (5%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided

Gallup: Romney 47% Obama 45%

These are the results when registered voters are asked: "Suppose the presidential election were held today. If Barack Obama were the Democratic Party's candidate and Mitt Romney were the Republican Party's candidate, who would you vote for Barack Obama, the Democrat or Mitt Romney, the Republican?" Those who are undecided are further asked if they lean more toward Obama or Romney and their leanings are incorporated into the results. Each seven-day rolling average is based on telephone interviews with approximately 3,050 registered voters

I understand, the only source for hope these days if one is a democrat are these polls. I wouldn't be quite jumping up and down if my candidate was even or behind though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows Mitt Romney and President Obama each attracting support from 45% of voters nationwide. Five percent (5%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided

These are the results when registered voters are asked: "Suppose the presidential election were held today. If Barack Obama were the Democratic Party's candidate and Mitt Romney were the Republican Party's candidate, who would you vote for Barack Obama, the Democrat or Mitt Romney, the Republican?" Those who are undecided are further asked if they lean more toward Obama or Romney and their leanings are incorporated into the results. Each seven-day rolling average is based on telephone interviews with approximately 3,050 registered voters

I understand, the only source for hope these days if one is a democrat are these polls. I wouldn't be quite jumping up and down if my candidate was even or behind though.
The Rasmussen polls are "likely voter" polls. The latest Gallup poll is still a "registered voter" poll and has the candidates tied. Registered voter polls are notoriously inaccurate predictors of election results, which is why most legitimate polls after Labor Day will be LV polls.
TheRealThing Wrote:Thursday, August 23, 2012

Gallup has them dead tied at 46%.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The Rasmussen polls are "likely voter" polls. The latest Gallup poll is still a "registered voter" poll and has the candidates tied. Registered voter polls are notoriously inaccurate predictors of election results, which is why most legitimate polls after Labor Day will be LV polls.
are conservative polls.
TheRealVille Wrote:are conservative polls.
Rasmussen was among the most accurate polls in the 2008 election. The big name pollsters are not politically arms of either party. They make their money by touting the accuracy of their predictions and Rasmussen is one of the most successful polling firms in the business. Just because you do not like the fact that Rasmussen uses Likely Voters in his public presidential surveys, which accurately display Obama's weaknesses, does not mean that it is a "Republican" poll. Rasmussen makes a lot of money conducting private polls for politicians because he has proven that he is very good at what he does.

You can either do some reading and let the truth shine in or you can keep referring to poll results that are not skewed toward Obama as Republican polls and look like foolish.

2008 Pollster Report Card