Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rockcastle Co.
33.33%
Whitley Co.
66.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle Co. @ Whitley Co. 8/31
Both team come off loses. Both teams are running teams. who will win?
should be able to hear this game from miles away, and not on the radio. i will take rock 22-14
I think Whitley will win by 12.Whitley is due for a good showing.

Whitley-33
Rock-21
Whats the Big Fullback name from whitley. He was a beast last year.
^
Bryant, and he's back along with most of the team from last year.

Whitley played Russell very tough until the 4th qtr. I dont see them losing this at home and especially to a down Rock team. Now that we got those first game jitters out of the way we can make some adjustements and move forward.

I always love the Rock games. These two go way back. But, ive heard this is the last year the two will be playing this game which makes no sense to me, considering this has become a decent little rivalry lapped over from the 90's.

Whitley racked up well over 300 yards on the ground against Russell and im not sure, but i think somewhere around 400 total yards, but weve got to score.

Whitley 38
Rock 14
Whitley County 34

Rockcastle County 31
I expect Whitley to come out with a more balanced offensive attack in this game. They have no need to try to shorten this game, so can start the passing game early. WC has the ability to expose the edges on Rock, and will. For some reason I'm expecting WC to win this handily.

WC 39
RC 20
I think Whitley will win, Rock seems to be down a little.
Whitley 30 Rockcastle 14 Rockcastle is down some this year.
whitley co 28 rock 32
Whitley Co.
I believe that Frankfort wasn't significantly better than Rock, I just think it was a horrible matchup for the secondary. With that said, I give Rock more than a punchers chance for this game. My heart says Rock wins, my head says Whitley prevails because it is at home.

On thing is for sure, THIS will be a fantastically ugly game!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think Whitley gets the offense going but will still struggle on the defensive side of the ball.

Whitley. 41
Rockcastle 30
Whitley by 10
Well the Colonels are just like they are every yeay, Mediocare.
Rockcastle by 14. Teams have to play all 4 quarters.
I think will will come out and make a statement this game. The colonels are coming off a loss but the young line has got some reps under their belt and will be settled down this game. Coach Gibbs will have the line ready to go this game I'm sure. And I can assure everyone the backfield ( Jackson, yisisro, and Bryant) will do thier job as they usually do.

Whitley 24
Rock. 7
I think that Whitley wins this one 35-20.
Is the FB Whitley just big or is he fast too
^
He is has good speed for his size! He is not going to try and run away from you he is going to try and run over you. I was really impressed with Whitley's other backs as well!
He bout 240 he big running back,
Old Jacket 91 Wrote:Well the Colonels are just like they are every yeay, Mediocare.

Let us worry about Whitley and our "mediocre" football team, and you can worry about your 1A football action and those tough Jellico teams.
After seeing how the rockets played last Friday I just really thought they were a lot better they got absolutely dominated by Frankfort idk if Whitley has any speed but if they do the rock is in trouble because they don't have any
Rockastle rebounds and wins 27-25.
Whitley 35 Rock 21.
Whitley wins by 14
Whitley did lose to a really good Russell County team. They are alot better then last season. what was there stats from last game.
Whitley had over 400 yards total offense. 6 different backs carried the ball, and three different receivers had catches and the best receiver did not play.

Whitley gave up some yards, but did about as good as you can do on Britt (he is a great back) Other players stepped up and made Whitley pay.

And the really scary thing is that the offense really did not play well at all, some poor reads from the QB, and missed blocking assignments. Now Russell had something to do with that, but there were some very correctable errors by the offense.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Let us worry about Whitley and our "mediocre" football team, and you can worry about your 1A football action and those tough Jellico teams.

the A team Wrote:I think will will come out and make a statement this game. The colonels are coming off a loss but the young line has got some reps under their belt and will be settled down this game. Coach Gibbs will have the line ready to go this game I'm sure. And I can assure everyone the backfield ( Jackson, yisisro, and Bryant) will do thier job as they usually do.

Whitley 24
Rock. 7

I am aware of Bryant and Ysidro, and I know they are both very good players. Who is the Jackson kid?
BDC Wrote:I am aware of Bryant and Ysidro, and I know they are both very good players. Who is the Jackson kid?

Tilman Jackson. Youll hear his name a lot this year.
He didnt play his sophomore and junior seasons and hes back for his senior year.
The kid has been a heck of a football player since he was in grade school. Maybe one of, if not the hardest hitter Whitley has got. You know how things go with these kids and quitting football, but this kid was smart enough to finish his career out and now will never live to regret it.
You wont believe how many of those kids from that 7th and 8th grade teams from 3 or 4 years ago could have been starting had they all not quit, which is a problem everywhere it seems like in todays world.

Whitley's offense still has some kinks to work out, and the defense has changed to a 4-3 this year instead of the 50, so its taking time to learn. I guess Black thought it would be better for this team. As DPD said above, we made some mistakes that we will not make later in the season. Russell County is a very good football team and have a real chance at going 11-0 or 12-0 before having to meet someone like a Boyle or Lex Cath that could beat them. But i fully believe there not 29 points better than Whitley. If we can adjust and get better each week, IMO every game on the schedule is winnable, except maybe Bell or Boyle, but with Bells QB going down i find that being a possible, if its true.

Ive always respected the Rock program and there tradition. When i was in high school, i got 3 years of all i wanted of the Rock and it seemed it was always a tight game. Rock also has some of the best fans in the world, and id love to see that old district back, but with the growth of Whitley, it will never happen again.

As i said earlier, ive heard that this could be the last year of this series as it may not be getting renewed, along with somerset, Clay, and lynn camp (thank god).
I hope we continue playing as its one of my favorite games of the year to watch and enjoy. Good luck to both teams friday. These games mean nothing and both teams should get better. Hope to see a couple of kids we were missing friday back. It could make a big difference.

Cant wait for Friday.