Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley-10 Lawrence Co-1
errors once again doomed lc.sv had 9 UNEARNED runs.lc shortstop had a triple, scored the only run, had no errors and showed why she is going to a d1 school.lc 2nd base,catcher and 3rd base need some bench time to allow somebody who wants to play to step in and help out.when the 2nd baseman stands with her glove on her hip and the catcher walks back to get a passed ball with runners on base it is no wonder they get beat.if there had not been a fence around the field the third baseman would have thrown the ball out of the park everytime she got it.from the looks of things it looks like lc will be lucky to win another game.half of the team is motivated and wants to play and the other half is just looking for something to put in the yearbook and have no interest in playing.I predict lc will finish dead last in the district unless they find some motivated players.they are a long way from being a competitive softball team.maybe years.
Maybe LC will find a way to pull it together.
Way to go Girls!!!
flamethrower Wrote:errors once again doomed lc.sv had 9 UNEARNED runs.lc shortstop had a triple, scored the only run, had no errors and showed why she is going to a d1 school.lc 2nd base,catcher and 3rd base need some bench time to allow somebody who wants to play to step in and help out.when the 2nd baseman stands with her glove on her hip and the catcher walks back to get a passed ball with runners on base it is no wonder they get beat.if there had not been a fence around the field the third baseman would have thrown the ball out of the park everytime she got it.from the looks of things it looks like lc will be lucky to win another game.half of the team is motivated and wants to play and the other half is just looking for something to put in the yearbook and have no interest in playing.I predict lc will finish dead last in the district unless they find some motivated players.they are a long way from being a competitive softball team.maybe years.

Ouch, pretty hard on the team. They ran into a pretty good team tonight. LC did a nice job putting the ball in play, but SV's defense was solid. LC's shortstop did hit a nice shot to the centerfielder who simply missed the putout. As for shortstop, I was impressed more with the play of SV's shortstop on the defensive side of the ball...6 assists, 3 putouts and no errors. Not a bad night of softball I must say!
Good win for the Batcats!
eagerbeaver Wrote:Ouch, pretty hard on the team. They ran into a pretty good team tonight. LC did a nice job putting the ball in play, but SV's defense was solid. LC's shortstop did hit a nice shot to the centerfielder who simply missed the putout. As for shortstop, I was impressed more with the play of SV's shortstop on the defensive side of the ball...6 assists, 3 putouts and no errors. Not a bad night of softball I must say!

It looks like you must have been reading the stats of LCs Shortstop. No comparison on the play between the 2. Schafer has already signed with EKU if SV's shortstop keeps up the good work she may be able to play at that level
ballfan87 Wrote:It looks like you must have been reading the stats of LCs Shortstop. No comparison on the play between the 2. Schafer has already signed with EKU if SV's shortstop keeps up the good work she may be able to play at that level

Great thing about the situation is that SV's shortstop is only a Junior and has a lot more time to progress and mature as a player.
If the girls arent motivated and are playing like you say I would look at the coaches and see what is going on because if I have a catcher just walking around and a second baseman just standing there I would like you said give them a spot on the beanch and let some one play that will at least try even if they dont have the talient of the ones that are playing . Because talent is only good for you if the kid will use it.:yikes:
ballfan87 Wrote:It looks like you must have been reading the stats of LCs Shortstop. No comparison on the play between the 2. Schafer has already signed with EKU if SV's shortstop keeps up the good work she may be able to play at that level

no...those are Case's stats on the evening...and she did all that with a dislocated thumb on her glove had! Not only is she a solid defender, she is as tough as nails...no whining...and definitely no quit in her!:thumpsup: ...no pun intended...
the sv ss needs a good hard summer travel schedule to put her in the top ss ranking.she needs training on her footwork,softhands,hand/glove transition and throwing velocity.with a good coach and a lot of reps she could shave a full second on catch to catch.fastpitch in high school is a 3.5 second game.at the d1 level it drops to 3.0 seconds.at that level you have hitters that can run to 1st in 3 seconds or under.get out the stop watch and see where they are at.
Way to God Batkats....
Good win Valley.
Who Is The Ss. Where Does The Fleming Girl And Roberts Play ?
dawgbyte02 Wrote:the sv ss needs a good hard summer travel schedule to put her in the top ss ranking.she needs training on her footwork,softhands,hand/glove transition and throwing velocity.with a good coach and a lot of reps she could shave a full second on catch to catch.fastpitch in high school is a 3.5 second game.at the d1 level it drops to 3.0 seconds.at that level you have hitters that can run to 1st in 3 seconds or under.get out the stop watch and see where they are at.
By no means am I saying the Case girl is not a good player. But it seems you were attacking LCHS shortstop with your comment. In reviewing the stats there was only 1 ball hit by SV to LC shortstop so she did not have a chance to show you her playing ability. Schafer has only been playing softball for 2.5 years give her some credit She has worked just as hard as Case,is only 17 and earned her softball scholarship. I hope Case has the same amount of luck So go a little easier on the neg's