Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals on Draft Day
OK, we all know that they need to build a defense, and, in my opinion, they need a defensive line the most. They should start with Gabe Watson, Tambi Hali, or Mathias Kiwanuka in the first round. However, I was looking at some websites, and some of them projected the Bengals as taking a corner or safety. Some of them had the same opinion as me, but some thought that.

I have a feeling the Bengals will come through and Marvin will take one of the defensive linemen I listed, they're no longer the team that makes stupid decisions:Clap:

Thoughts? Contradictions??
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
or not:ChairHit:
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I agree with you that they need to draft a defensive linemen. I think they will end up drafting Gabe Watson. Hopefully their decision helps bring a superbowl trophy home to cincy
blackcatfan_48 Wrote:I agree with you that they need to draft a defensive linemen. I think they will end up drafting Gabe Watson. Hopefully their decision helps bring a superbowl trophy home to cincy

I think it should with their offense being explosive as they are. Other parts of the defense could use some fine tuning too, but if they can get someone to rush the passer and help stop the run, they'll be damn good. YEAR LOOKS GOOD!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!
They could pick up a tight end somewhere in the draft, but does anyone think they'll use any other picks on offensive players? Maybe a lineman somewhere
Doesn't matter as long as you have a team in your division with the team being PITTSBURGH STEELERS!
Well they already signed Chapman from GB at Safety, so unless they plan on getting rid of another one of their safeties then I think they are pretty much full at that position. Now I would fault them at all if they go for a corner. I said it all season last season that Cincy's corners are weak including Deltha and Tory. If I had QB's throwing a ball directly at my chest and can't catch it, then I don't need to be a pro. That is what happened with Deltha last year. Most of his picks came from Favre and Culpepper just throwing it right to Deltha. Now Deltha did make some nice picks don't get me wrong, but I think there still can be a world of improvment on his part.
BCF4L Wrote:Well they already signed Chapman from GB at Safety, so unless they plan on getting rid of another one of their safeties then I think they are pretty much full at that position. Now I would fault them at all if they go for a corner. I said it all season last season that Cincy's corners are weak including Deltha and Tory. If I had QB's throwing a ball directly at my chest and can't catch it, then I don't need to be a pro. That is what happened with Deltha last year. Most of his picks came from Favre and Culpepper just throwing it right to Deltha. Now Deltha did make some nice picks don't get me wrong, but I think there still can be a world of improvment on his part.

I'm so confused, I thought it was Chatman who came from Green Bay and I thought he played wide receiver. I do agree they need stronger corners, and they did just sign Sam Adams, but I still think they can build their d-line and defensive backs, and I think they need better run stoppers, Odell's solid, but we need more.
BCF4L Wrote:Well they already signed Chapman from GB at Safety, so unless they plan on getting rid of another one of their safeties then I think they are pretty much full at that position. Now I would fault them at all if they go for a corner. I said it all season last season that Cincy's corners are weak including Deltha and Tory. If I had QB's throwing a ball directly at my chest and can't catch it, then I don't need to be a pro. That is what happened with Deltha last year. Most of his picks came from Favre and Culpepper just hrowing it right to Deltha. Now Deltha did make some nice picks don't get me wrong, but I think there still can be a world of improvment on his part.

And I think they beed a tight end on offense, there's a few solid ones in the draft, so I wouldn't spend the first round pick on one
They need a good DB alot of teams picked them apart last season !
blackcat_student Wrote:They need a good DB alot of teams picked them apart last season !

I agree, but that's also because the QB had all day to sit back there and throw, so pass rushers will help
My bad Fritz, I was thinking of Jackson from Tampa Bay.
BCF4L Wrote:My bad Fritz, I was thinking of Jackson from Tampa Bay.

So I think they need d-linemen, corner(s), and a tight end. They could use more, but do you think they have any other major needs?? Maybe another nickle back
I changed my mind, I think they should get a corner in the first round, defensive linemen in the 2nd, and tight end in the 3rd, maybe switch the order to the tight end in the 2nd and defensive linemen in the 3rd
Cincy may be THE WORST DRAFT TEAM EVER...AND please someone argue that..PLEASE!!!
Carson Palmer...
and oh yeh...the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!
Yeah - cincy is bad..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Cincy may be THE WORST DRAFT TEAM EVER...AND please someone argue that..PLEASE!!!

They were the worst before Marvin, but now they're not that bad
they could use a stud linebacker.. but DL is the place they need help.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Agree that Marvin Lewis has done a fine job and has stuck to his draft resume getting what the team in general needs to improve. They are at least now respectable in the league.
Vincent Vega Wrote:they could use a stud linebacker.. but DL is the place they need help.

Odell's the stud they need, and I think his supporting linebacking cast is good enough, just my opinion though
odell rules!
chipper jones Wrote:odell rules!

Some websites are stupid- they have them taking a safety in the first round, or a tight end (tight end should be in the first three rounds, but not first or second IMO), one site even has them taking a safety first round and an inside backer in the second or third, which, to me, would be the stupidest thing they could do.
They will pick up a Tight End then work on the DL.
BurntTires Wrote:They will pick up a Tight End then work on the DL.

Not first round they won't, they'll work on the DL first and maybe second rounds, then probly a corner, then a tight end. Their offense is explosive, they need a better tight end, but it's not that big of a concern- the defense is that big of a concern
On ESPN, they're saying Bengals will take tight end Mercedes Lewis in the first round, but I don't think so. They said give Palmer another weapon, but the offense is fine (besides for tight end but they can get one later), but I think they build the defense first
Another Colts to be it sounds like!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Another Colts to be it sounds like!
Explain. You mean a loaded offense with no defense? That's why I think they should take defenders. Or, you might mean an unreal team, but, unlike the Colts, they won't choke