Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Liberals
What's up with all the duplicate accounts? Are you worried because you know your poster boy will be voted out of office on November 6 and you know that no one on here is stupid enough to buy for obama's crap?

Certainly you guys could come up with better ideas to convince us conservatives that big government, high taxes, high spending, and gay marriage is the way to go for America.
Who in there right mind would pose as something their not?
[Image: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GqNCozGH7y8/T5...imized.jpg]
Ill check the ip addresses tonight or in the morning.

If everything checks out, we'll close the thread. Either way, if you see somebody not posting, then you'll know.
^ I figured you guys did that on a daily basis lol. Dusty quickly read that Widezero and I had the same IP addresses (we are roommates). I figured these other people would have been caught by now.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ill check the ip addresses tonight or in the morning.

If everything checks out, we'll close the thread. Either way, if you see somebody not posting, then you'll know.
IP addresses don't tell you anything if somebody is using a proxy or devices on two different networks. For example, I could easily create two different accounts with different email addresses and then use my phone and desktop PC to post with two different accounts having different IP addresses. If I used proxy accounts then I could create as many accounts as I wanted and never use the same IP address. There is no way to prevent people from creating multiple accounts if they lack integrity and are not total fools.

However, when you see two or more users consistently misspelling the same words over and over, making the same basic grammar mistakes, and echoing the same opinions, it is not to hard to figure out what is going on. If you spend enough time searching the threads, you will find that one of the clones made his first post in the same thread as his apparent creator and both hail from the same small eastern Kentucky county. Those could all be coincidences but I am betting that they are not.
^ I've seen some of your tech posts on the other board, but that's pretty interesting. What happens with the phones though? I could be wrong, but don't phones use the same IP as the network they are linked to? Such as right now...my phone would be linked to the same internet as my computer and have the same IP from it since it is WIFI.
^ I moderated two websites similar to this (although, not as big) during my high school and early college years and the IP address for the user was always showed up (for mods) at the bottom right-hand corner of their post. Didn't know if it was that way on here.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ I've seen some of your tech posts on the other board, but that's pretty interesting. What happens with the phones though? I could be wrong, but don't phones use the same IP as the network they are linked to? Such as right now...my phone would be linked to the same internet as my computer and have the same IP from it since it is WIFI.
It would be on the same network if you connected to the WIFI network, but not on a 3G or 4G network. I have an unlimited data plan and rarely use my phone on my WIFI network. People who live in apartments can often connect to multiple wireless access points, although finding open connections is not as common as it was a few years ago, especially in crowded areas.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ I moderated two websites similar to this (although, not as big) during my high school and early college years and the IP address for the user was always showed up (for mods) at the bottom right-hand corner of their post. Didn't know if it was that way on here.
Years ago, the LA Times' political forums displayed every user's IP address to every member who signed in to the website. What I found out even back then, was users who just wanted to disrupt discussions connected through proxy servers and it was impossible to identify their location. I consider such people no better than vandals who deface other people's property with a can of spray paint.