Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
softball umpires
has anyone had an umpire send runners back because they did not wait until the ball crossed the plate?this has happened twice with two different umpires telling the runners they cannot leave on the pitch.this is very confusing as just about all coaches tell their runners to go 3 steps on the pitch.
That's odd I never saw that in the 4 years I played, Always told you can leave as soon as it leaves the pitchers hand but no sooner
dawgbyte02 Wrote:has anyone had an umpire send runners back because they did not wait until the ball crossed the plate?this has happened twice with two different umpires telling the runners they cannot leave on the pitch.this is very confusing as just about all coaches tell their runners to go 3 steps on the pitch.
Must be a new rule change???
I have not seen this yet this year though. I will find out in the A.M.
I know it is the rule in little leauge that the runner has to wait untill the ball get's to the plate but I don't think it is a rule in High School ball unless they have changed it this year . Maybe the two ump's work with the little leauge also and are getting the rules mixed up???????
I haven't heard of that but one of my friends coaches hs softball in Madison County and she said they've made some rule changes this year.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]