Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morrison reportedly leaving Gonzaga for NBA
Likely NBA draft lottery pick Adam Morrison will forgo his senior season at Gonzaga and sign with an agent, several media outlets reported Monday night.

Morrison is expected to announce his intentions at a Wednesday afternoon news conference. The deadline to declare for the draft is April 29.

Morrison, a 6-foot-8 junior forward, was the nation's leading scorer in 2005-06 (28.4 points per game) and runner-up as National Player of the Year to Duke's J.J. Redick. Redick averaged 27.4 points per game in his senior season.

Following Gonzaga's heartbreaking 73-71 overtime loss to UCLA in the NCAA Tournament regional semifinals in late March, an emotional Morrison said he would return home to Spokane, Wash., and then start thinking about what's next.

"It's going to be a family decision," Morrison said at the time. "I've got to hear from the people who write the checks. ... I have no idea [when]. I've got to go back to Spokane and not do anything. I have no idea what I'm going to decide."

Morrison had five games with 40 or more points this season and is third on the school's career scoring list with 1,867 points, having passed John Stockton and numerous others this year.

Morrison was the only junior on an otherwise all-senior Associated Press All-America first team and Gonzaga's second AP All-American, joining Dan Dickau in 2002.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
No surprise here....He should be a good player in the NBA for years to come...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We'll miss ya Adam, hopefully you'll bring me back to the NBA game....
alfus21 Wrote:No surprise here....He should be a good player in the NBA for years to come...

I agree that he'll be a good player in the NBA, but I expected him to come back for his senior season
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Yeah I think he's going to be a great player at the next level
Thought he MIGHT stick around for one more year after the UCLA debacle, but im not surprised to see him go. He will be fine in the pros.
Doesn't suprise me any, I want to see how he will perform at the next level
Not surprised that he left, i think he will be a good player in the NBA
I think he will do fine in the NBA, but if he would stay around another year he could have a national championship under his belt before he enters the NBA
No surprise at all (dont think thats been said enough in this thread lol) but good luck Adam and myself I wish he would stay for his Sr. year, but he really couldnt pass the NBA rigtht now
Good Luck Adam