1988= ROCK 28 Pulaski 14
1989= ROCK 14 Pulaski 28
1990= ROCK 30 Pulaski 8
1991= ROCK 31 Pulaski 0
2008= ROCK 34 Pulaski 23
2009= ROCK 41 Pulaski 47
2010= ROCK 7 Pulaski 41
2011= ROCK 34 Pulaski 13

(additional: Rockcastle Co. HS football's 470th game!)
PC wins their home-opener
I not seen pc on film so Idk what they got anyone know how there system run ?
They have a freshman QB in Riley Hall, who has put up some good numbers so far. They can pass the ball, as well as, run the ball with Tyler Goins in the backfield. They can spread things out in the passing game, it just depends on what is working the best.
Haven't seen Rock yet this year, but after watching PC the other night I'll go with them. Goins is their best athlete and they move him around in the backfield quite a bit. If their Freshman QB can sit in the pocket to let the plays develop he'll hit late crossing routes for 7-10 yard chunks. They have a very capable passing game, and a legitimate threat in the backfield. Should be a good game for both teams.

Rock 17
Pulaski 27
Pulaski Co.
Rock struggles to tackle any one who get by the first line. The secondary will have to step up alot for them to win. Goins could give us some problems.
I have seen both teams play. I like PC to win this game, 28-14.
why such a big gap in years of playing, 17 years of not playing a next door neighbor?
I think this one plays out much like the Rowan County game. Rockcastle will move the ball on Pulaski and put up some points but I think Pulaski has a little bit too much offense. Maroons 34-20.
This should be a Rocket win. Rock does not do well against terrible matchups. They can beat great teams but great passing teams and freak athletes beat them...UNLESS they double-cover freak receivers and get pressure up the middle.

If Rock gets to the QB= Rock wins 27-20
If Rock does not= Pulaski wins 34-20
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ I agree, they have to get to the quarterback with stunts, blitzes and heart from the defensive line. If they don't cause some trouble in the backfield for Pulaski, it may be a long night if the QB has time to pass or Goins gets started.
Pulaski 33 Rock 20
Everyone please say a prayer for Rockcastle County student Jared Johnson. Jared was critically injured after a hit and run Saturday. Heard he is still in bad shape today.
Pulaski Co wins by 14
Prayer sent
i agree with papagrit our defensive line will have to play big or it will get ugly quick and we need to be willing to change up our looks on offense blast right,blast left then up the middle wont cut it our line is not big enough for that,we have enough skill players to do some good things if they are used right.
The offense game plan last Friday was great we seen bunch differentstuff go rock
rustyankle Wrote:I not seen pc on film so Idk what they got anyone know how there system run ?

They run a spread offense. They have a freshman qb who is accurate but doesn't have the arm yet to stretch the field nor the speed at receiver to do so. They run alot of smash, mesh, screens, and simple routes out of the backfield. They do this well for such a young team. most is ran out of gun and aces formation. Helton, Cox and Goings will be the Majority of thier offensive production.
rockcastle by one score
rustyankle Wrote:The offense game plan last Friday was great we seen bunch differentstuff go rock

Estill was a weak team, but Rocks passing game looked great last week. 3 passes for over 50 yards. Hopefully coach parkey will let us take more shots down the field.
It wasn't just the yards Rocksolid first time I seen us in wishbone first time I seen an L plus some of the gun plays I think bout 7-8 different kids touched the ball and that's good
Rockcastle by 8
The Rock
rustyankle Wrote:It wasn't just the yards Rocksolid first time I seen us in wishbone first time I seen an L plus some of the gun plays I think bout 7-8 different kids touched the ball and that's good

Agreed. hopefully we will see more of the same this week.
PC's field looks really sharp for their home-opener tomorrow night.
I like Pulaski by 3 TD's. By all accounts you have to consider Rockastle down this season.
Game Day!