Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 5 East Ridge 0
Despite some adversity, SV dominated the game from the start. Esther Fleming doubled to open the game and scored on Ashleigh Stanley's double off the fence(would have been a homerun at SV). From that point on, Cortney Bentley and Gina Hall did a great job of working the ER batters (4 hits on the night, 5ks) and SV's defense played flawlessly. SV pounded out 16 hits on the night against Sam Smith and Jodi Yates. Needless to say, the BatKats were impressive to watch. :notworthy
sounds like a good game. it looks like a 2 team race between pikeville and shelby valley for the region title..
don't count out lc.sv had 9 unearned runs in their recent game.pikeville has struggled early.don't get me wrong sv and pikeville are good teams but lc could very well be in the region hunt if they get their internal problems worked out and play like they are capable.
Good win girls....
Nice win for valley's girls
East Ridge is still alive . The district tiebreaker goes to the team that won the second game played . All three teams could still win the district .
Cortney Bentley pitched one heckuva game and Shelby Valley looked good at the plate in this one . Their shortstop didn't hit in this game . I was told she had a dislocated thumb on her left hand .
I confirmed the injury to Case...she has a severely dislocated thumb on her glove hand. Each time she swings a bat, it pops out of place. Taping and splinting does little to help. Her defense has been spectacular. If SV can heal up, they will be strong at the end of the season!
Bentley's ERA is .69...she has done a tremendous job pitching away from a batter's strength the last few games. When the offense provides run support, Bentley is even stronger on the mound...