Poll: Were the embassy attacks in the Middle East and North Africa a declaration of war?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, and we should go to war.
33.33%
Yes, but we shouldn't go to war.
33.33%
No, it wasn't a declaration of war.
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: US Embassy Attacks an Act of War?
TheRealVille Wrote:That video is "inciting a riot", which is illegal.
NO NO NO.

That would give justification for any group that had issue with literally anything to go kill those people and then say, "Well what they did incited a riot."

Just because something makes me mad does not mean I should be allowed to start a riot. Nor should the people that made me mad be held accountable for it.
Guys, you might want to give TheRealVille a little bit more time before posting again. I just realized that everyone in this thread is posting against TheRealVillle... I feel kind-of bad for him (or her).

Since I feel bad for TheRealVille, I will give him (or her) some entertainment: Confusedinglepar
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Guys, you might want to give TheRealVille a little bit more time before posting again. I just realized that everyone in this thread is posting against TheRealVillle... I feel kind-of bad for him (or her).

Since I feel bad for TheRealVille, I will give him (or her) some entertainment: Confusedinglepar
:hilarious: :letsparty
Panther Thunder Wrote:NO NO NO.

That would give justification for any group that had issue with literally anything to go kill those people and then say, "Well what they did incited a riot."

Just because something makes me mad does not mean I should be allowed to start a riot. Nor should the people that made me mad be held accountable for it.
Inciting a riot is against the law, and that is exactly what it is causing, across the world.
TheRealVille Wrote:The group that killed the ambassador and the other three. Yes, freedom of speech should be hindered when it causes uproars like this, no matter what side it is from. Wipe out the terrorists, and also hold the 4 video guys responsible, in some way or the other. That video is "inciting a riot", which is illegal.

So, the group that killed the ambassador and his party should be taken at their word about the video driving them to terrorism and to commit murder?

The terrorists should be believed when they say this 2 year old video has just "sunk in" their minds someway or another to cause them to do this crime?

Did Terry Jones invite people to celebrate him burning the Koran or did he invite them to commit murder?

"Inciting a riot" is called for every day against American citizens by Muslim leaders as part of their jihad........would you agree with that statement?
Quote:WHITE HOUSE MUST STOP SONY FROM RELEASING 'KILLING BIN LADEN' FILM

Now that the White House and State Department have made clear that they believe movies compel terrorists to terrorize, it's time for them to get ahead of this problem. And one thing the White House can do immediately is to pressure Sony to stop the release of director Kathryn Bigelow's "Zero Dark Thirty," which celebrates the killing of Osama bin Laden.

I'm only saying this because, you know, the White House and the media told me movies inflame and cause terrorism.

Think about it: if the poorly produced and laughably bad trailer for "The Innocence of Muslims" results in chaos, murder, and the burning of foreign outposts all throughout the Middle East, how much rioting and mayhem is a big-budgeted, slickly produced, Oscar-bait blockbuster celebrating the death of the leader of al-Qaeda going to cause?

Moreover, an excuse Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will not be able to use in the case of "Zero Dark Thirty" (as she did with "Innocence of Muslims") is the cowardly and self-righteous claim that the federal government and the Obama White House had nothing to do with "Zero Dark Thirty."

Because the federal government and the Obama White House had everything to do with "Zero Dark Thirty."

As we now know, in an effort to get this glitzy in-kind contribution (tens of millions of dollars) up on the screen in time to affect the election, it was the Obama Administration that gave the filmmakers tons of encouragement and a troubling amount of access to all kinds of classified material.

But this very same Obama Administration has since learned that it wasn't the Obama Doctrine of disengaging with the Middle East and embracing the Muslim Brotherhood that caused all this mayhem and murder last week. It was a movie.

This means that the only responsible thing for the Obama Administration to do is to get proactive and, in the interest of national security and to help ensure the safety of Americans overseas, put as much pressure as they can on Sony to stop the distribution of "Zero Dark Thirty."

After all, this is what the Administration did to YouTube to stop the distribution of "The Innocence of Muslims."
:pondering:
TheRealVille Wrote:Inciting a riot is against the law, and that is exactly what it is causing, across the world.
Yes, inciting a riot is against the law. When you run into a crowded building and yell "Fire!" or on a plane "I've got a bomb!". When what you say presents an immediate threat that causes a panic. Not when what you say offends someone. I can go into a gym and yell "Belfry Sucks!" as many times as I want, if people respond with violence I am not accountable for their violence legally. The fact that you cannot distinguish the difference is comical.
I apologize TheRealVille if my last post seemed insulting. I honestly meant to make a sincere post to you and to add a little bit of humor to the last bit of my post that you might find funny. I'm sure you already know that I respect you and your opinions.
TRV wants censorship on the web too, hell, he's secretly trying to burn down BGR...
TheRealVille Wrote:Most liberals don't hold Terry Jones and the other guys type views.
hasn't this "religion" been attaching the US since 1802?
vector Wrote:i thought we was already in a war
didn't you hear President Obama and the state department changed it to a man made disaster
TheRealVille Wrote:Inciting a riot is against the law, and that is exactly what it is causing, across the world.

LOL, so you're advocating that the folks committing the murders, staring fires, stonings, riots, flag burnings, beatings, personal injuries, embassy raids and destruction of property, are just innocent victims of the producer of this video? And in fact HE is responsible for all these thugs in 20 different countries out to maim and destroy? Sounds like a line of rationale Harry Reid might have come up with.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Of course it was an act of war. The media and the White House can pass it off however they choose in order to protect Bucky but that doesn't change the facts. Act of war or not, the pansy isn't going to do anything to hurt his Muslim brothers.
Quote:More details emerge on U.S. ambassador's last moments

Benghazi, Libya (CNN) -- Three days before the deadly assault on the United States consulate in Libya, a local security official says he met with American diplomats in the city and warned them about deteriorating security.

Jamal Mabrouk, a member of the February 17th Brigade, told CNN that he and a battalion commander had a meeting about the economy and security.
He said they told the diplomats that the security situation wasn't good for international business.

"The situation is frightening, it scares us," Mabrouk said they told the U.S. officials. He did not say how they responded.
Quote:Ambassador Susan Rice: Libya Attack Not Premeditated

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice said the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi was not premeditated, directly contradicting top Libyan officials who say the attack was planned in advance.

“Our current best assessment, based on the information that we have at present, is that, in fact, what this began as, it was a spontaneous – not a premeditated – response to what had transpired in Cairo,” Rice told me this morning on “This Week.”

“In Cairo, as you know, a few hours earlier, there was a violent protest that was undertaken in reaction to this very offensive video that was disseminated,” Rice said, referring to protests in Egypt Tuesday over a film that depicts the Prophet Muhammad as a fraud. Protesters in Cairo breached the walls of the U.S. American Embassy, tearing apart an American flag.

“We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to – or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo,” Rice said. “And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons… And it then evolved from there.”

Quote:Libyan president: 'No doubt' attack 'preplanned'

Libya President Mohamed Yousef El-Magariaf said Sunday that 50 arrests have been made in connection with last week's "preplanned" attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi that left U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans dead.

"The way these perpetrators acted and moved -- I think we, and they're choosing the specific date for this so-called demonstration, I think we have no, this leaves us with no doubt that this was pre-planned, determined," Magariaf said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

"And you believe that this was the work of al Qaeda, and you believe that it was led by foreigners. Is that what you’re telling us?" CBS host Bob Schieffer asked.

"It was planned, definitely. It was planned by foreigners, by people who entered the country a few months ago. And they were planning this criminal act since their arrival," Magariaf said.
Quote:Egypt intelligence warns of attacks on Israel, US embassies

By JPOST.COM STAFF 09/11/2012 16:58

Egypt's General Intelligence Service warned that a jihadi group is planning to launch terrorist attacks against the US and Israeli embassies in Cairo, according to a report Tuesday by Egypt Independent, citing a secret letter obtained by Al-Masry Al-Youm.

According to the report, the attack is being planned by Global Jihad, the group suspected of killing 16 Egyptian border guards in Sinai on August 5.

Al-Masry Al-Youm reportedly obtained a copy of the September 4 letter, sent to all Egyptian security sectors, warning that Sinai- and Gaza-based Global Jihad cells were planning attacks on the two embassies.
The movie is a damn cover. We make anti-Islam movies every year and this doesn't happen. Al-Qaeda and a host of other terroist groups, and countries like Pakistan and Iran, are behind this. This is well know in intelligence and military circles.

We should, and are, attack these people behind this. With small groups of CIA/SpecOpsForces, aircraft,around 5,000 US Army elite units like the 101st Airborne and 82nd Airborne, along with Marine units like Marine Expeditionary Units (SOC, Spec Ops Capable) on ships along with a few Marine infantry and armor units as a show of force. These forces should be spread out to these countries that we're having trouble with, like Sudan, Yemen, Syria and Libya as a show of force.

I believe this will be the start of WWIII, not nuclear war though. The Allies will be the U.S., United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and India. Axis will be Pakistan, Iran (who are both partly behind these recent attacks), Egypt, Russia and a few more I've yet to determine.

It's coming people, get ready. We're going to be in trouble and be in a REAL wartime country. Maybe you all will remember us for once.

Regardless of how ridiculous, we must believe that the attacks were spontaneous and caused solely by the video. It is the only way we can spin the situation so as to avoid finding any fault with Bucky and his administration.

And, we all know that the media will do whatever is necessary to protect Bucky from any and all blame for anything. Bucky must always be blameless.
vundy33 Wrote:The movie is a damn cover. We make anti-Islam movies every year and this doesn't happen. Al-Qaeda and a host of other terroist groups, and countries like Pakistan and Iran, are behind this. This is well know in intelligence and military circles.

We should, and are, attack these people behind this. With small groups of CIA/SpecOpsForces, aircraft,around 5,000 US Army elite units like the 101st Airborne and 82nd Airborne, along with Marine units like Marine Expeditionary Units (SOC, Spec Ops Capable) on ships along with a few Marine infantry and armor units as a show of force. These forces should be spread out to these countries that we're having trouble with, like Sudan, Yemen, Syria and Libya as a show of force.

I believe this will be the start of WWIII, not nuclear war though. The Allies will be the U.S., United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and India. Axis will be Pakistan, Iran (who are both partly behind these recent attacks), Egypt, Russia and a few more I've yet to determine.

It's coming people, get ready. We're going to be in trouble and be in a REAL wartime country. Maybe you all will remember us for once.

The clueless liberals will likely blame the military and call for more appeasement payments and aid. They think these people can be pacified or bought off like indians who favored beads and baubles. The threat is real, and I agree, if not now then soon, world war is coming. We cannot duck it and we won't be able to buy off or persuade the combatants to stand down. I'm worried for us though, because our commander in chief is so slippery when it comes to defense. I pray we can vote him out before our land is again tested by war.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The attacks/protests were planned for a reason...The "movie" is being used as an excuse.

Anybody that cannot see/realize that is not thinking clearly.
Granny Bear Wrote:So, the group that killed the ambassador and his party should be taken at their word about the video driving them to terrorism and to commit murder?

The terrorists should be believed when they say this 2 year old video has just "sunk in" their minds someway or another to cause them to do this crime?

Did Terry Jones invite people to celebrate him burning the Koran or did he invite them to commit murder?

"Inciting a riot" is called for every day against American citizens by Muslim leaders as part of their jihad........would you agree with that statement?
When the video was shown in the US(June 2012), it was only shown to 10 people in a private theater. It is not 2 years old. It was loaded to youtube in July of 12. That was the first time the "world" saw it.

Quote:The film's screening as "Innocence of Bn Laden" was advertised in the "Arab World newspaper" during the months of both May and June. The ad cost $300 to run three times in the paper and was paid by an individual identified only as "Joseph". The ads were noted by the Anti-Defamation League. The Islamic affairs director stated: "When we saw the advertisement in the paper, we were interested in knowing if it was some kind of pro-jihadist movie." Brian Donnelly, a guide for a Los Angeles based tour of famous crime scenes, noticed the poster advertising at the Vine Theatre. "I didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing. We didn't know what it was about because we can't read Arabic.[55] The earlier version of the film was screened once at the Vine Theatre in Hollywood California of June 23, 2012 to an audience of only ten people. The film had no subtitles and was presented in English. An employee of the theatre stated: “The film we screened was titled ‘The Innocence of Bin Laden’,” and added that it was a “small viewing.”[56]
A second screening was planned for June 30, 2012. A local Hollywood blogger, John Walsh attended a June 29 Los Angeles City Council meeting where he raised his concerns about the film's screening. “There is an alarming event occurring in Hollywood on Saturday,” he stated. “A group has rented the Vine Street theater to show a video entitled ‘Innocence of Bin Laden.’ We have no idea what this group is.” The blog site reported that the June 30 screening had been canceled.[57][58] A Current TV producer photographed the poster while it was being displayed at the theatre as advertising to later discuss on the program "The Young Turks."[59] According to one attendee, "the acting was of the worst caliber," and he "had no inkling that that movie was anti-Islamic and did not recall the movie referencing the prophet Mohammad," but he did not see the whole film.[2]
It was reported on September 14, 2012, that a planned screening by a Hindu organization in Toronto will be coupled with "snippets from other movies that are offensive to Christians and Hindus." Because of security concerns no public venue has been willing to show the film; it will be shown in private for a small audience of 200 people.[60][61] Siobhán Dowling of the The Guardian reported that "a far-right Islamophobic group in Germany", The Pro Deutschland Citizens' Movement, has uploaded the trailer on their own website and wants to show the entire film but authorities are attempting to prevent it.[62]
Two clips were posted on YouTube on July 1 (13'02", title "The Real Life of Muhammad", comment "Part of the movie, "Life of Muhammad"..... اجزاء من فيلم حياة محمد") and 2nd (13'50", title "Muhammad Movie Trailer", comment "فضيحة الاسلام الكبري") by user "sam bacile".[63] By September, the film had been dubbed into Arabic and was brought to the attention of the Arabic-speaking world by Coptic blogger Morris Sadek, whose Egyptian citizenship had been revoked for promoting calls for an attack on Egypt.[64][65] A two-minute excerpt dubbed in Arabic was broadcast on September 8 by Sheikh Khalad Abdalla[66] on Al-Nas, an Egyptian television station,[10][67] On September 11, "Sam Bacile" YouTube account commented in Egyptian Arabic on a video from Al-Nahar TV uploaded 2 days earlier "يابهايم دة فيلم امريكي 100%" which means: "Idiots, this is an American film 100%".[68]
The film was supported by pastor Terry Jones, whose burning of copies of the Quran previously led to deadly riots around the world. On September 11, 2012, Jones said that he planned to show a 13-minute trailer that night at his church the Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Florida.[34] Jones said in a statement that "it is an American production, not designed to attack Muslims but to show the destructive ideology of Islam. The movie further reveals in a satirical fashion the life of Muhammad."[34]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocence_of_Muslims
It was released in August 2010.
Not that it matters. I can't see it as a justifyable cause for murder, and was wondering how you could make that connection.
It almost sounds like it's understandable to kill someone who burns the Koran.
Is it equally as acceptable to kill someone who burns the Bible?
I can't understand that logic, and this time I'm really trying to understand where you're coming from, RealVille.
Granny Bear Wrote:It was released in August 2010.
Not that it matters. I can't see it as a justifyable cause for murder, and was wondering how you could make that connection.
It almost sounds like it's understandable to kill someone who burns the Koran.
Is it equally as acceptable to kill someone who burns the Bible?
I can't understand that logic, and this time I'm really trying to understand where you're coming from, RealVille.
I don't have a view one way or the other, really. There is really nothing that can be done about the film. It isn't a cause for murder, but it should have never been made, and the ones that made it should be held responsible for it getting out there. No religious book is grounds for killing someone, or taking other rights from people. Religion has killed more innocent people over time, than anything else.
^ so you are for censorship?
Who is to say what should or should not be produced? The government?
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't have a view one way or the other, really. There is really nothing that can be done about the film. It isn't a cause for murder, but it should have never been made, and the ones that made it should be held responsible for it getting out there. No religious book is grounds for killing someone, or taking other rights from people. Religion has killed more innocent people over time, than anything else.

How do you draw the line on what should and what shouldn't be made/published?
Also, I agree with your statement on religion; however, if no religious book is grounds for killing someone, how can you hold the maker of that video responsible for anything? Isn't that like saying the "video game" made me commit murder? And what should the ones that made it be held responsible for?

One other thing, "Inciting a riot" is called for every day against American citizens by Muslim leaders as part of their jihad........would you agree with that statement?
Granny Bear Wrote:How do you draw the line on what should and what shouldn't be made/published?
Also, I agree with your statement on religion; however, if no religious book is grounds for killing someone, how can you hold the maker of that video responsible for anything? Isn't that like saying the "video game" made me commit murder? And what should the ones that made it be held responsible for?

One other thing, "Inciting a riot" is called for every day against American citizens by Muslim leaders as part of their jihad........would you agree with that statement?
Muslim leaders in other countries aren't bound by US law, but yes, muslim leaders hate America.
While I agree with your statement, it wasn't an answer to any of the questions that I posed.

If no religious book is grounds for killing someone, how can you hold the maker of that video responsible for anything? So what should the ones that made it be held responsible for?

Yet again, "Inciting a riot" is called for every day against American citizens by Muslim leaders as part of their jihad........would you agree with that statement?
Granny Bear Wrote:While I agree with your statement, it wasn't an answer to any of the questions that I posed.

If no religious book is grounds for killing someone, how can you hold the maker of that video responsible for anything? So what should the ones that made it be held responsible for?

Yet again, "Inciting a riot" is called for every day against American citizens by Muslim leaders as part of their jihad........would you agree with that statement?
If it gets someone killed by causing multiple riots around the world, they should be held responsible for it. I've answered every question. Yes, I agree with your statement at the bottom of your post. Again, muslim leaders around the world aren't governed by American law.
TheRealVille Wrote:If it gets someone killed by causing multiple riots around the world, they should be held responsible for it. I've answered every question. Yes, I agree with your statement at the bottom of your post. Again, muslim leaders around the world aren't governed by American law.

You haven't answered the question about censorship yet.

Are you suggesting that muslim leaders and american citizens should be held to a different standard, legally/morally?

Finally, if I watch a video/movie that holds hillbillies in a negative light, get pissed off and go shoot vector, I am held only partially responsible by you??

Again, I'm wanting your perspective here.
Granny Bear Wrote:You haven't answered the question about censorship yet.

Are you suggesting that muslim leaders and american citizens should be held to a different standard, legally/morally?

Finally, if I watch a video/movie that holds hillbillies in a negative light, get pissed off and go shoot vector, I am held only partially responsible by you??

Again, I'm wanting your perspective here.
I'm not a conservative, so of course I would have no problem with censoring something that could have devastating/deadly consequences, and could be averted by censorship of the material.
Granny Bear Wrote:The terrorists should be believed when they say this 2 year old video has just "sunk in" their minds someway or another to cause them to do this crime?
As to your statement in the quote, the first time the terrorist could have saw the video was in July of '12. At that point they could have started planning this "mission".