Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for long range hunting rifle for Modern season
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good long rifile with scope. I'd rather it be in .308, but .30-06 is fine as well. I have ALOT of experince with the Remington 700, as the M24 and Marine Corps M40 in the Army.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these, cheap, in East Kentucky...rather it be Pike, Floyd, or Martin. Or even Mingo and a bit up in West Virginia.

I start getting prepared for Modern Gun deer season and Bear season early. Already have my hunting camo (MultiCam, what the US Military uses in Afghan), ruck sack and camelbak water bladder, boots and camping gear. I haven't hunted since my first year in the Army, so any advice would be VERY helpful. Thanks!
We have a new Remington 770 in the .308 at walmart for 297
Got a scope? No 700?
It does come with the scope and im not for sure on the 700 I would have to check when I go in tomorrow and see
Remington 770 Rifle with Scope, .308 Win:
Classic rifle
Twist: 1 x 10"
Action type: bolt action
Capacity: 4+1
Barrel color: blued
Barrel length: 22"
Length of pull: 13.375"
Overall length: 42.5"
Weight: 8.5 lbs
Stock: black
Barrel type: carbon steel barrel
Sights: open
Drilled and tapped
Scope included
Made in the USA
http://www.weatherby.com/product/rifles/...rd_2/combo

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/Products...e-BDC.html

I have both of these products. I killed my first deer last year at 250 yards and it fell where it stood.
I want it all!
Walmart used to do a deal where you got a 700 adl and scope for around $550 idk if they still do. But Jeffs guns and ammo up in johnson county has some good deals.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Walmart used to do a deal where you got a 700 adl and scope for around $550 idk if they still do. But Jeffs guns and ammo up in johnson county has some good deals.

Haha, I know Jeff! Been in there a few times with my cousin, we bought a great shotgun and a crapload of ammo, mostly 9mm, various 12g, and the small amount of the awesome 5.45x39 for my Ak-74. He's a good guy.
CardinalAlum Wrote:Remington 770 Rifle with Scope, .308 Win:
Classic rifle
Twist: 1 x 10"
Action type: bolt action
Capacity: 4+1
Barrel color: blued
Barrel length: 22"
Length of pull: 13.375"
Overall length: 42.5"
Weight: 8.5 lbs
Stock: black
Barrel type: carbon steel barrel
Sights: open
Drilled and tapped
Scope included
Made in the USA

I'd like that. Of course rather have the 700, but I could make due and I have a budget of course. I'm very familiar with the M24, the Army's super version of the 700, so I think I'd enjoy it. I could always just sit it in another chassis that allows me to mount my bipod and night optic.