Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Down State
East Ridge travels to Frankfort to participate in the Capitol City Classic and Pikeville and Shelby Valley are playing in Montgomery County's Invitational Tournament this weekend. Do any of the other 15th Regional Teams venture outside of the 15th to play? Looking at ER, PHS, and SV's schedules it appears that these teams play in a number of quality tournaments during the season. It can only make them better.
I agree it only helps them down the stretch....There may be a reason those are the top 3 teams in the region, and teams could learn a lot if they watched what these 3 do year in and out...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think everyone has been watching Belfry yea in and yea out to get where they are juts an opinion. Belfry is definitely down this year and has some girls not playing that has great talent the reasons they aren't playing I have no idea? Hopefully, the program can rebuild.
lawrence played in the boyd spring classic beating pendelton county 6-3,sheldon clark 14-1,greenup county 3-1,and played boyd in the championship game and got beat 6-1 but on 6 earned runs.fridays game got rained out so they had to play 4 games in one day. they only had 4 errors in 4 games.pretty impressive.
ballfan87 Wrote:lawrence played in the boyd spring classic beating pendelton county 6-3,sheldon clark 14-1,greenup county 3-1,and played boyd in the championship game and got beat 6-1 but on 6 earned runs.fridays game got rained out so they had to play 4 games in one day. they only had 4 errors in 4 games.pretty impressive.

Lawrence County must be playing much better. Greenup and Boyd are two of the top teams in the 16th. Congrats to the Lady Bulldogs....:rockon:
lc will be in bell county this weekend in a tourney and are looking at several tournaments in may hoping to get into one.lc plays at least 3 tourneys every year.they try to find two that they feel they have a shot at winning and one that has top notch teams and they would be longshots but competitive.
ballfan87 Wrote:lawrence played in the boyd spring classic beating pendelton county 6-3,sheldon clark 14-1,greenup county 3-1,and played boyd in the championship game and got beat 6-1 but on 6 earned runs.fridays game got rained out so they had to play 4 games in one day. they only had 4 errors in 4 games.pretty impressive.

If Im not mistaken the Sc game was 14-2.....am I correct....IDK? Not that it matters
ggh04 Wrote:If Im not mistaken the Sc game was 14-2.....am I correct....IDK? Not that it matters
you are correct indeed:thumpsup:
Know wonder SV, ER, and Pikeville are the big three year in and year out. Great job by each of these staffs getting their teams some pub.
rainout Wrote:Know wonder SV, ER, and Pikeville are the big three year in and year out. Great job by each of these staffs getting their teams some pub.

These 3 teams competed outside of 15th this weekend. According to Riherds scoreboard:
ER 10 Allen Central 0
ER 2 Letcher Central 0
ER vs. Leslie ?

Pikeville 0 Scott Co. 1
Pikeville 0 Boyd 1
Pikeville 1 Lex. Cat. 0

SV 3 Tates Crk. 0 (1 hitter Bentley)
SV 8 Danville 4 (Bentley gave up 0 runs...Stanley in relief 4)
SV 2 #3 Grayson 10
SV 2 #10 North Laurel 6

Good showing for 59th District and 15th Region
:thumpsup: