Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Basketball
Who are the top teams coming into this season? Should be another exciting year of Girls BasketBall:worthy:
Magoffin and Valley will both be the teams to beat again I do believe.
Did Magoffin lose some players?
Nichole Fletcher graduated and Madison Reed moved to Owen County.
1. Shelby Valley
2. Sheldon Clark
3. Magoffin County
4. Betsy Layne
5. Johnson Central

JMO
IMO Paintsville will be a sleeper team. I know they lost Jones and VanHoose. But, They are returning Carroll, Hansford and Sammons. They are going to need someone to step up for them at the guard position though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Don't leave at Lawrence Co. Look for them to make some noise.
Pike County Central could be good also if they had a coach, but from what I have seen he is out of his league and should have stayed at Phelps.
Lawrence County has Taylor Porter and a lot of people don't know that she is the only player from the 15th and 16th region to be named in the Louisville Journal top 25 players in the state. She also played in the Ky Blue Chip game this summer and was named MVP. She already has 6 schools ( 2 Division 1 ) interested.
I know bout her! Best guard in the Region! She just needs help from her supporting cast....:thumpsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Lawrence should be about 7 or 8 deep maybe a few more depending on some other players coming out. I'm excited to see this team, they get up and down the court.
That's good to hear. They have a dandy coach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Valley.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Lawrence County has Taylor Porter and a lot of people don't know that she is the only player from the 15th and 16th region to be named in the Louisville Journal top 25 players in the state. She also played in the Ky Blue Chip game this summer and was named MVP. She already has 6 schools ( 2 Division 1 ) interested.
Apparently, you don't check your stats very well. Taylor may be ranked #25 out of 25 for the class of 2013, but Jamie Castle is ranked #13 out of 15 for the class of 2014.
Actually I do check my stats very well thanks
Taylor isn't 25 in her class, she is 25th out of all players in the state of Kentucky, and the only girl out of the 15th and 16th region total.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Taylor isn't 25 in her class, she is 25th out of all players in the state of Kentucky, and the only girl out of the 15th and 16th region total.
And how do you get that?? Post the actual article on here. If you go the Jody Demling's article/rankings, you'll find exactly what I posted. Thank you very much......
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Taylor isn't 25 in her class, she is 25th out of all players in the state of Kentucky, and the only girl out of the 15th and 16th region total.
Ok, so if you want to word it that way, then yeah Taylor is 25th out of the state of Ky. for her graduating class of 2013 and Jamie is 13th out of the entire state for the graduating class of 2014. So as of right now, these were the only players in the 15th and 16th regions named, not just Taylor.
Bball Mom Wrote:Apparently, you don't check your stats very well. Taylor may be ranked #25 out of 25 for the class of 2013, but Jamie Castle is ranked #13 out of 15 for the class of 2014.

Don't get me wrong. Jamie is an outstanding player! BUT, JMPO...Porter has the size to go with her skills and at a different level. BOTH are a blast to watch. I would take either on my team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
The story was from the Courier Journal out of Louisville, Ky. The head coach told me about it because they guy who wrote the story called and told him that "Porter" was very underrated. Jamie Castle is a great player and I'm sure any coach would love to have her, but this year is Porter's year. Taylor is just on a different level, no offense. She is pre-season #2 in the region only to the girl from Sheldon Clark who is #1. Should be a fun year in the 15th region.
Jamie is just a younger ball player, with great talent but no size.
Porter will either sign with Murray State who is Division 1, or Georgetown College.
allen central didint lose a player
B L didn't lose any players, Shelby Valley is the team to beat though!
theman21 Wrote:allen central didint lose a player

You are right.. BUT, they only had 6 wins in the Region last season and 3 of those were against Piarist. The other 3, Phelps, PBurg and ER .
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
true but they should be better since they all are used to playing with each other
^Not always true.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Shelby Valley Lady Cats
I look for the Lady Cards of SCHS to have a great year they have size and length in porter and garcia who may make up the best back court in the region to go along with newsome and a greatly improved sophmore by the name of Kelsy Dean with a new comer emily waller the cards look to have a shot to win it all with a good mixture of experiance and youth. The hatfield girl is athletic and physical as well and with coach Rice on the sideline im confident they can get it done. looks to be another tough year in the 15th for the girls.
^ I agree. I believe that Sheldon Clark, Shelby Valley and Magoffin County will be the top 3 teams this season. They all will be very tough.