•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Countdown to Bengals Opening Day
panthermania Wrote:I can't wait!!!!!

Me either, brother, me either. I plan on going down to training camp a few days
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
43 days til opening day in Kansas City.............. 50 days til the home opener

Last year, KC had like the 30th ranked D. This year, they're projected, by most experts, between 22nd and 28th, the Bengals will have a field day:Cheerlead
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
42 days til opening day in Kansas City.............. 49 days til the home opener

Today was the first day of training camp at Georgetown College. Palmer took 40% of the snaps, not because his knee was weak or hurting, but because they wanted Doug Johnson and Anthony Wright to get some snaps and get into the swing of things. Palmer says he's actually looking forward to getting hit and knocked around.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5356
41 days til opening day in Kansas City.............. 48 days til the home opener

All of the rookies are now signed with the team:Thumbs:

“What gets lost in that whole shuffle, and is something that Coach Lewis was talking about today, are all the good things that have been going on,” said Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, who could have counted himself. “Rudi Johnson’s charity, Chad and T.J. doing stuff, there’s been a lot of guys doing positive things in the community, and that’s what we need to focus on."

Wasn't somebody saying something that sounds remarkably close to that quote? Oh yeah, that's right, it was me, my fault:Cheerlead

Palmer is looking good, taking 40% of the snaps, which is mostly just to get the other two QBs into the swing of things. While remaining optimistic, he is, however, still being cautious on his knee, not to agravate it, and is optimistic about being the starter on opening day.

His timing and throwing still look great, and he's connecting with his wideouts on big plays as well as routing routes.

I'll be at training camp tomorrow, wish me luck:letsparty(I posted this an hour early because I need to go to bed so I can wake up early to go down)
BFritz Wrote:41 days til opening day in Kansas City.............. 48 days til the home opener

All of the rookies are now signed with the team:Thumbs:

“What gets lost in that whole shuffle, and is something that Coach Lewis was talking about today, are all the good things that have been going on,” said Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, who could have counted himself. “Rudi Johnson’s charity, Chad and T.J. doing stuff, there’s been a lot of guys doing positive things in the community, and that’s what we need to focus on."

Wasn't somebody saying something that sounds remarkably close to that quote? Oh yeah, that's right, it was me, my fault:Cheerlead

Palmer is looking good, taking 40% of the snaps, which is mostly just to get the other two QBs into the swing of things. While remaining optimistic, he is, however, still being cautious on his knee, not to agravate it, and is optimistic about being the starter on opening day.

His timing and throwing still look great, and he's connecting with his wideouts on big plays as well as routing routes.

I'll be at training camp tomorrow, wish me luck:letsparty(I posted this an hour early because I need to go to bed so I can wake up early to go down)

I went down sunday morning to training camp as I was passing through on my way back from Frankfort. I had to be back in pikeville by 3:00 and stopped by the field at 9 AM to see if I could catch morning practice...but they had it closed to the public...I was sooo disappointed...BTW...I hope you weren't planning on spending the night....All of the hotels were booked solid...That is unless you have already reserved one for yourself.
40 days til opening day in Kansas City.............. 47 days til the home opener

Palmer looked amazing in training camp. I only saw him throw one ball that wasn't perfect, every other ball was perfect spiral and was perfectly time and thrown hard. One time the dude even fell down as Carson was winding up to throw, he adjusted his throw so it hit the guy right in the chest while he was kneeling on the ground.

Jonathan Joseph's also another cool cat, and see my other thread about Chad.

Thurmann arrived at camp, saying that he doesn't have a drug problem, which Marvin backed him up on, ruining all of you haters' hopes. Thurmann said:
"I did make a mistake and first I want to apologize to my teammates, the guys who sweat with me," Thurman said. "The organization. My friends and family. Most of all the fans and the kids that look up to me.
"I'm just gald to be back and get on a positive track."
Carson was also jogging and cutting on his knee flawlessly
39 days til opening day in Kansas City.............. 46 days til the home opener

The Bengals will have a defense this year, and a damn good one too. Dexter Jackson's will be so good, so will Ahmad Brooks and Rashad Jeanty at backers, not to mention Sam Adams and Askew on the line, not to mention the back-up backers, d ends, corners, and other safeties. Then there's the offense, they're looking unreal
38 days til opening day in Kansas City.............. 45 days til the home opener
Go BENGALS
37 days til opening day in Kansas City.............. 44 days til the home opener

SAm Adams is working his ass off like the rest of the team, and is doing everything he needs to do to get better. He knows that he was brought in to help clog the middle and stop the run, as well as rushing the passer, and assures that he will do that.

Palmer admits that he's rusty, which is expected, but assures everyone that the rust will brush off.

“He can do that,” Chad Johnson said. “He’s great."
36 days til opening day in Kansas City.............. 43 days til the home opener

In the annual intrasquad scrimmage Palmer struggled at first, but then finished strong by completing 4 of his last 5. He's obviously knocking rust off. Furthermore, up to this point, Palmer has always said "IF I ever get back to form, and get back to form from before the injury," but, today, he said "WHEN I get back to form, and get back to form from before the injury,"!!!!!!!!!

Furthermore, Carson says he feels better and better after each work-out, and, although he still doesn't plan to play before the third pre-season game, says he feels great and knows he'll be ready. His knee feels great, although it still does get tired, but that's expected.

Chris Henry took a step in putting his offseason problems behind him with a monster night of 117 yards on five signature leap-and-tear grabs, including catches of 21, 37 and 50 yards.

Rookie wide receiver Bennie Brazell flashed with five catches for 89 yards that included a scorching run-and-catch 52-yarder that was stopped only when he pulled up with a cramp.

Sounds like the already-explosive offense has another dangerous weapon for Carson to throw to!!!! And now we got a defense that can actually stop someone................

Can I get an Amen??!!??!!:notworthy
Who-Dey and Amen!!!!!!
34 days til opening day in Kansas City.............. 41 days til the home opener
33 days til opening day in Kansas City.............. 40 days til the home opener
32 days til opening day in Kansas City.............. 39 days til the home opener

Palmer's doing well in scrambling drills where he moves, runs, and throws on the run. Everyday he's taking more snaps and improving, and although he knows he's not where he wants to be, everyday is a step in the positive direction, and he's working his hardest to make sure of that.

He will be back........ DO YOUR JOB
27 days til opening day in Kansas City........ 34 days til the home opener at Paul Brown.

The team dominated the Redskins in the first pre-season game last night, winning 19-3. Looking past all his off-field problems, Chris Henry played a great game. Henry played longer than most starters, and a lot of starters didn't even play (i.e. Chad Johnson, Sam Adams, Palmer, etc.), but the team still looked great for the first pre-season game.

Despite not playing everyone, the Bengals still looked amazing, and the Redskins never got into the Red Zone.
Well IMO I think the Bengals got lucky last night on that one interception and it just came down to who had the better 2nd and 3rd string and obviously Cincinnati did ! Chad Johnson look last night was awsome though; and I'm also looking foward to his "Soap Oprea" touchdown celebration dances this coming season !
26 days til opening day in Kansas City........ 33 days til the home opener at Paul Brown.
25 days til opening day in Kansas City........ 32 days til the home opener at Paul Brown.

Palmer is gaining more confidence on his knee, and many of the injured players are returning for Friday's game against the Packers
"I feel like I made a lot of progress. I feel like I’m playing football and not thinking of anything other than what’s going on in the coverage,” Palmer said. “I’m not worried about what’s going on up in front of me. I’m not worried about stepping on anybody. I kind of got the knee thing out of my head. I feel a lot better, a lot more comfortable.” There is still no guarantee as yet that Palmer will be ready to start the season. The current plan is that he must be able to play in the third preseason game in order to make the season opener a legitimate possibility. See, I told you he wouldn't be scared about taking a hit or stepping on anybody.

On another note, I thought Lewis said Palmer just had to play in one preseason game, now they're saying it's gotta be by the third.
24 days til opening day in Kansas City........ 31 days til the home opener at Paul Brown.

Sugar Shayne Graham's 4th field goal of the season will be the 100th of his career and will more than likely make him the 2nd most accurate kicker of all time
23 days til opening day in Kansas City........ 30 days til the home opener at Paul Brown.
The last interview I saw with Palmer, he was nervous about getting his first hit. Physically he may be ready but don't know about mentally. Bengals should have a good season, but my heart belongs to the Steelers!!!
dawgmom Wrote:The last interview I saw with Palmer, he was nervous about getting his first hit. Physically he may be ready but don't know about mentally. Bengals should have a good season, but my heart belongs to the Steelers!!!

ERRONEOUS, he said he was excited to get hit. He stayed in the pocket, stood strong, took hits, and stepped into his throws. HE'S BACK KIDS!!!
11 days............
go bengals
7 days............

Bengals wrapped up the best preseason since 1971 Friday with a win over the Colts.

Palmer's looked unreal in the preseason, flawless, back to full form.

Carson Palmer eased back into his flawless form of Monday night and took just nine snaps to show he’s sharp enough for next week’s regular-season opener in Kansas City. He knifed a 14-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Chris Henry through three defenders with 6:11 to go in the first quarter and left with a 147.9 passer rating on top of Monday’s 136.9 rating.

That means Palmer’s reconstructed knee numbers read four touchdown passes to four different receivers and a field goal in six drives and 43 snaps. Lewis pulled the first offense after the seven-play touchdown drive that featured Palmer’s 31-yard fling down the sideline to Chad Johnson. "It just kind of gives you a little extra pep in your step," Palmer said. "But whether you're 0-4 or 4-0 in the preseason it doesn't matter at the end of the year."
8 hours left!!!!!!!! Sorry I missed the past few weeks, but I moved back in my dorm and the internet on campus wouldn't let me post
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)