Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Petrino
judgementday Wrote:No, there isn't enough SEC talent in the state but it would be nice for the ones that we do have to come to UK. There is talent in the state who go to big programs (USC) but do not want anything to do with UK.

If you have the option to play for alabama in front of 100,000 fans or kentucky in front of 67,000 fans which would you choose if you were a big time player. It goes the same in basketball only in our favor. Until we devote the resources to recruiting their will be no advance in our program no matter who the coach is.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If you have the option to play for alabama in front of 100,000 fans or kentucky in front of 67,000 fans which would you choose if you were a big time player. It goes the same in basketball only in our favor. Until we devote the resources to recruiting their will be no advance in our program no matter who the coach is.
Are you trying to say we just simply have a Chicken Shit program and we dont have the Balls to do anything about it?
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Are you trying to say we just simply have a Chicken Shit program and we dont have the Balls to do anything about it?

Yes obviously and you would have to be crazy not to know it. I love UK football but they receive a very poor amount of support from the school. Bill Curry was a pretty big name coach when hired and he was a epic fail It has been half a century since we have mattered in football and until basketball is gone it will be that way. No coach can fix that. Bear Bryant got out when he could just like any semi intelligent coach would. Hell look at Rich Brooks they wouldn't give him anything to win, and he was the best we have had in a longggg time. This isn't Jokers fault anymore than it wasn't Brook's, Morriss', Mumme's, or Curry's. Apparently the memory of people on here only extends back 5 years.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Yes obviously and you would have to be crazy not to know it. I love UK football but they receive a very poor amount of support from the school. Bill Curry was a pretty big name coach when hired and he was a epic fail It has been half a century since we have mattered in football and until basketball is gone it will be that way. No coach can fix that. Bear Bryant got out when he could just like any semi intelligent coach would. Hell look at Rich Brooks they wouldn't give him anything to win, and he was the best we have had in a longggg time. This isn't Jokers fault anymore than it wasn't Brook's, Morriss', Mumme's, or Curry's. Apparently the memory of people on here only extends back 5 years.
Yes sir I have known this for a long time and until the fans in large numbers demand more form the University we will not get anything more than we have had for years! I do believe myself that it is possible to build a solid football program at KY, but it would take a huge commitment from Uk. Why can we not make that committment?
judgementday Wrote:No, there isn't enough SEC talent in the state but it would be nice for the ones that we do have to come to UK. There is talent in the state who go to big programs (USC) but do not want anything to do with UK.

In a lost season such as this one, I wish Joker would quit worrying about his job, which is obviously already lost and play some of this in state talent.

Id like to see Cody Jones see some touches. I know he's better than the FB who does play when we actually use one, and much faster.
cuppett777 Wrote:no way Terry Bowden, hes no where near his dad, and just avg coach at best...

Terry Bowden is 47-17-1 in the SEC that's pretty good in my book.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:In a lost season such as this one, I wish Joker would quit worrying about his job, which is obviously already lost and play some of this in state talent.

Id like to see Cody Jones see some touches. I know he's better than the FB who does play when we actually use one, and much faster.

If he hasn't played them already why use up a year of eligibility? Redshirt them.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Yes sir I have known this for a long time and until the fans in large numbers demand more form the University we will not get anything more than we have had for years! I do believe myself that it is possible to build a solid football program at KY, but it would take a huge commitment from Uk. Why can we not make that committment?

Because of money...UK is towards the bottom of the SEC when it comes to the amount of $$$ they funnel into the football program. Yes they rennovated the stadium, and yes they have decent facilities but not enough to attract the best recruits and coaches.

Basketball is the priority of the University in major sports. Now other programs at UK have seen vast improvements (volleyball, baseball, etc...) but the funds devoted to those programs is small when compared to how much it would take to build a strong football program.
judgementday Wrote:Because of money...UK is towards the bottom of the SEC when it comes to the amount of $$$ they funnel into the football program. Yes they rennovated the stadium, and yes they have decent facilities but not enough to attract the best recruits and coaches.

Basketball is the priority of the University in major sports. Now other programs at UK have seen vast improvements (volleyball, baseball, etc...) but the funds devoted to those programs is small when compared to how much it would take to build a strong football program.
The fact we are at the bottom of the SEC in $$ funneled to the football program is just a big excuse! We choose to be a non player (chicken shit) when it comes to money funneled to football, afraid there may not be enough for the almighty basketball program!! All the while all our neighboring schools (WVU, WKU and Louisville) are building strong football and basketball programs? But I guess we are satisfied with being a big joke and Laughing stock in football because we get to watch a basketball team that starts 4 or 5 freshman each year that are gone the next??
Norm Peterson Wrote:If he hasn't played them already why use up a year of eligibility? Redshirt them.

Because Cody is a Junior and has already sit a year....
Who cares if we get a coach with some baggage. If they can make Kentucky win I can look over it. Are we holding our football coaches to a higher standard then our president this day and time. All I'm going to say is Bill Clinton.Confusednicker: