Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County @ Somerset 9/28
Yea it's Game Time, I hope the rain holds off and we have a huge Crowd. I'm sure they will get a treat. THIS IS WHAT HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT. Need a Somerset Victory for a County Sweep this week. Go JUMPERS!!!!!!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Unless he gets hurt during practice tomorrow, he should be ready to go.

All bias aside, Im not sure ive seen a kid as big as Bryant take a footbal and look like a running back, but even more scary is when you see him at the LB position running down hill toward your RB.

No doubt one of the better players in the area. Mills, Jackson, Hooper, Nichols

Bryant you would want on your team, Somewhere, or anywhere. Mills. Jackson, Hooper, Nichels, Isedro you want in the big games This game is made for them, Just sit back and watch. they are Workhorses MULES and their are Race horses thourough breds. When did Whitley COUNTY take off?

Are
Where in Somerset will the game be played between Whitley and Somerset? Somerset Middle School field that you can see from 80 or somewhere else?
Cellking Wrote:If you have not had a good look at Jumpers, how can you pick Whitley Co. over the #1 rated team in 2A? Don't give me that 5A over 2A Crap. Somerset has played 2 5A Schools and beat both. I think it will be 3 after Friday night. Good Luck to Both and may both come out Healthy for the Start of District Play next week.

Congrats on beating two 5A teams. You've won against East Jessamine (1-4) and Southwestern (3-3).
Southwestern's 3 wins go as follows

W 24-20 Letcher Central (1-5)
W 28-21 Marion County (1-4)
W 42-41 (OT) South Laurel (1-6)

Go ahead and add in your win against 1A Hazard (1-3) and the powerhouse Glasgow Scotties (4-2) - I'd say you're ready to make a run for a national title.

I think that the fact Whitley County played blow-for-blow with Bell County speaks more that any win on Somerset's schedule.

That is how I formed my opinion on this one and it has nothing to do with "5A versus 2A" crap. If my logic astounds you then I apologize.

If Whitley loses or wins a close one I'll be surprised - but I've been wrong before.
Looks like it might be a little wet. Will the Bunnies come out and play or will they stay in their hole.:Sad04:
who ever scores 20 points wins this game
I am sorry but you act as though Bell is head and shoulders above everyone. IMO they are down this year. Barely beat my old powerhouse Wayne Co., got beat by a down Lex Cath team. Interesting game between Lex Cath and Boyle tonight because I think Boyle is down also. I think there is much parity in high school football this year . There are no dominant teams, very even Also I dont think you can fault the Briar Jumper schedule this year. They have played two 5A teams, granted not strong but decent teams. Sw being 3 and 3, but the Jumpers dismantled them 48 to 2 and it could have been 70 to 2 if the Jumpers had wanted. Also Hazard defending 1a champs and you watch they will be there again. Glasgow was state finalist last year and the game against the Jumpers was only their second loss in 3 years on their field. They had Breathitt shut out at half time and came out completely flat second half (imo .. that would not happen again). I would probably put their schedule ahead of anyone in the area.
Still raining, I guess according to most this is a bad sign for the Jumpers. I figure I'll still go over and watch it even though the result is a foregone conclusion.
Not trying to use an excuse, just stating a fact, but the rain will definitely alter the outcome of this game. For Somerset it might hurt the biggest advantage over Whitely which is speed. This is going to play right into the hands of Whitley's ball control style. Will Lange being out for this game will change the game plan for Somerset as he was averaging I would say close to 150 yards of rushing a game, so that hurts us. Bryson jones will probably fill in for Lange in the back field which is a good thing, very fast for his size and it takes more than one person to bring him down. Personally, at the fullback position, i would take Slaughter over Bryant any day. It is a team sport and it takes more than a couple to beat Whitley. Somerset knows how to win especially in the last 4 years, (maybe not in the state championship games) so all of the kids on this team know what winning feels like. I look for this to continue tonight, but this rain will hurt Somerset's offensive output a little, not enough to lose... I hope. Still taking Somerset.

Somerset - 21
Whitley- 10
Jumper Dad Wrote:Still raining, I guess according to most this is a bad sign for the Jumpers. I figure I'll still go over and watch it even though the result is a foregone conclusion.

I was going to watch this one before heading to Martin, TN for the EKU game. With this rain and a noon kickoff I think I'll listen on the internet while we head to Martin. Good luck Jumpers...
Norm Peterson Wrote:I was going to watch this one before heading to Martin, TN for the EKU game. With this rain and a noon kickoff I think I'll listen on the internet while we head to Martin. Good luck Jumpers...

Good luck to EKU Norm
Im just hoping Castle Hatcher and Zack Mills play their butts off. Love those kids.
pjdoug Wrote:Where in Somerset will the game be played between Whitley and Somerset? Somerset Middle School field that you can see from 80 or somewhere else?

Yes, it will be played at the Briar Patch which is the high school field located behind Meece Middle School.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
TigerBlues Wrote:Im just hoping Castle Hatcher and Zack Mills play their butts off. Love those kids.

I hope Castle gets some time tonight also. Too talented for the amount of reps he's been getting, JMO.
Whitley beat the jumpers the sorry refs and the fog. Needless to say it was a sad sight Homecoming night and the home stands not even half full.