Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA 2012-2013 Season Predictions
We are almost to the pre-season and are going to have our first full NBA season in two years. Confusednicker: What are your thoughts overall on this upcoming season, and who do you think will be the team to beat in the NBA?
Celtics all the way this year! NBA Champs!
Miami hopefully. As long as no serious injuries happen. Lakers are gonna be tough this year too.
They should slim the league down to about 10 teams and just have super teams.
[Image: http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_roo...1302821552]

82-0
In all seriousness, I predict that the Sacramento Kings will win 40 games.

Doesn't sound like much? They haven't won 40 games since 2005. I am predicting that they will win almost twice as many games as last season. HUGE prediction.

Below are their seasonal records since their last playoff appearance. The last playoff season is in bold.

2012-13 Sacramento 0 0 .000 0th
2011-12 Sacramento 22 44 .333 5th
2010-11 Sacramento 24 58 .293 5th
2009-10 Sacramento 25 57 .305 5th
2008-09 Sacramento 17 65 .207 5th
2007-08 Sacramento 38 44 .463 4th
2006-07 Sacramento 33 49 .402 5th
2005-06 Sacramento 44 38 .537 4th

Also, I predict that the Pacers will finish 4th in the East.

My pick to win it all are the Miami Heat in 6 games over the Thunder or Lakers. I have not decided yet.
Early pick is the Lakers.
Lakers and Heat in the finals..

East:
1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Celtics

West:
1. Lakers
2. OKC
3. Spurs
My Pre-Season picks:

Playoff teams:

West

1) Oklahoma City Thunder
2) L.A. Lakers
3) San Antonino Spurs
4) L.A. Clippers
5) Memphis Grizzlies
6) Denver Nuggets
7) Dallas Mavs
8) New Orleans Hornets

East

1) Miami Heat
2) Brooklyn Nets
3) Indiana Pacers
4) Boston Celtics
5) Chicago Bulls
6) New York Knicks
7) Philadelphia 76ers
8) Atlanta Hawks

Finals:

Miami Heat -over- L.A. Clippers
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm not gonna predict the playoff teams, but my NBA Championship Game prediction is the Celtics over The Lakers
[Image:

]
Eastern Conference

1.Sixers
2.Heat
3.Bulls (Depending Rose comes back early)
4.Pacers
5.Celtics
6.Knicks
7.Nets
8.Pistons

Western Conference

1.Thunder
2.Lakers
3.Clippers
4.Spurs
5.Nuggets
6.Grizzles
7. T-Wolves
8.Mavs

MVP-LJ23

Coach of the Year-Doug Collins

Rookie of the Year-Damian Lillard

Heat vs Thunder Finals.
ekff Wrote:My Pre-Season picks:

Playoff teams:

West

1) Oklahoma City Thunder
2) L.A. Lakers
3) San Antonino Spurs
4) L.A. Clippers
5) Memphis Grizzlies
6) Denver Nuggets
7) Dallas Mavs
8) New Orleans Hornets

East

1) Miami Heat
2) Brooklyn Nets
3) Indiana Pacers
4) Boston Celtics
5) Chicago Bulls
6) New York Knicks
7) Philadelphia 76ers
8) Atlanta Hawks

Finals:

Miami Heat -over- L.A. Clippers

I applaud someone taking a shot and going with the Clippers - I think they have the horses to scare some people.

To be honest - The Clippers, Grizzlies, and Nuggets will all be better than most people expect.
East
1.Miami
2.Sixers
3.Bulls
4.Celtics
5.Pacers
6.Brooklyn
7.Knicks
8.Bucks

West
1.Thunder
2.Spus
3.Lakers
4.Clippers
5.Denver
6.Mavericks
7.Grizzlies
8.Hornets

MVP- LBJ
Coach of the Year-Gregg Popovich
ROTY- Anthony Davis
NBA Finals-Miami vs. L.A Lakers- Miami in 6
I like the Clippers and I think they are a great team..
But they are still 1 or 2 good solid players behind the other teams IMO.
What have the Mavericks done that makes them a playoff team again? They didn't add anyone that I can remember and they are almost on medicare they are so old.
I honestly believe that the Pacers are the next "darlings" of the NBA. Look for this team to have a year that surpasses last season. With the Bulls, I see a drop-off due to Rose's health and his compliment of players just not as good as people want to give credit for. The Celtics will drop down due to the age of their players. Terry will not give them what this team needs, LEGS!
LWC Wrote:What have the Mavericks done that makes them a playoff team again? They didn't add anyone that I can remember and they are almost on medicare they are so old.

3 new starters
OJ Mayo
Darren Collison
Chris Kaman

Also added another good role player in Elton Brand. Mavs had a pretty good draft. IMO. The rest I have the Mavs in the 8th spot is simply because the West is stacked with good teams.
Personally, i despise the regular season of the NBA.
It might be the most boring pickup games ever played, because thats what they are....pick up games.

I dont know about you but i love the shortened season. I for one wish they only played 40-45 games at most before the playoffs, and then every team got in with byes and such.
It also makes the teams play harder every game IMO...
Stardust Wrote:I honestly believe that the Pacers are the next "darlings" of the NBA. Look for this team to have a year that surpasses last season. With the Bulls, I see a drop-off due to Rose's health and his compliment of players just not as good as people want to give credit for. The Celtics will drop down due to the age of their players. Terry will not give them what this team needs, LEGS!

Indiana made some important moves in the off season. While keeping there entire starting line up. They completely shook up there bench.

D.J. Augustin And Gerald green will be great bench players.
I believe this is the year the Knicks finally do what they are supposed to do. I see them winning 50+ and grabbing the 2 seed in the East.