Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chances of Celtics winning NBA Championship this year?
Thoughts on this?

They did pretty good in last years Playoffs.. almost eliminated the Heat, who went on to win it all.

I think we have a pretty good chance. Your opinions?
Probably no where near as good as last year especially with the lost of Ray Allen. That's losing 20+ ppg. I hope the Celts can beat the Heat simply because I can't stand the Heat.
Lol I can't stand the heat either. And I HATE the Lakers!
^ Me and you are on the same page!
Am I correct that they gained Jason Terry to replace Allen? Even though you cannot replace Allen's shooting, Terry is a pretty solid pickup for them.

The key to the Celtics this year will be staying healthy. It seems like, part of it being the overall age of the team, they have had a lot of injury problems over the past 2-3 years.
Also, Boston pretty much stole Jared Sullinger in the draft!
WideRight05 Wrote:Am I correct that they gained Jason Terry to replace Allen? Even though you cannot replace Allen's shooting, Terry is a pretty solid pickup for them.

The key to the Celtics this year will be staying healthy. It seems like, part of it being the overall age of the team, they have had a lot of injury problems over the past 2-3 years.

Terry is 57 years old. Add him to the 59 year-old Paul Pierce and the 65 year-old KG, and I feel the Celtics have a great chance to win the YMCA league championship......
Strikeout King Wrote:Probably no where near as good as last year especially with the lost of Ray Allen. That's losing 20+ ppg. I hope the Celts can beat the Heat simply because I can't stand the Heat.

lol
Boston def. miss Ray Allen but Jason Terry is a great shooter.
As mentioned above yeah they stole Sullinger in the draft as well..

They also got Darko Milicic lol....
Stardust Wrote:Terry is 57 years old. Add him to the 59 year-old Paul Pierce and the 65 year-old KG, and I feel the Celtics have a great chance to win the YMCA league championship......

We can't be friends anymore...
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
As bad as I hate to say it, I think the celtics are too old to really be a serious contender this year.. They are still great, but youth wins out I think.. Terry is a good pickup, and KG, and PP, are still ok, but I don't think they can stay healthy enough to make a deep run.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
I think Boston has the potential to have one more good year really..
But with what the Heat has stacked up, it will be really hard for them.
I agree with what everyone is saying about the age of the Celtics as a whole.
If Jason Terry may actually be an upgrade from Allen. I think Terry is more versatile & will bring more to the floor than Allen did last year.
If Sullinger can be an immediate impact then who knows how they may turn out. Could be dangerous.

Just to many if's right now. After a few games to see how the team gels with the new additions we will know more of how dangerous they will be.
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:Thoughts on this?

They did pretty good in last years Playoffs.. almost eliminated the Heat, who went on to win it all.

I think we have a pretty good chance. Your opinions?

I think they have a VERY legitimate shot at winning the NBA Championship. With everything I am seeing and hearing, they are better than they were last year and we all know that they were even with the Heat last year! I thought they got cheated out of the Finals but, that may be my bias opinion shining through. They added Jason Terry which will actually be better for them than Ray Allen because, Terry is not only a threat from the perimeter but, he is more athletic and is a threat to drive to the basket. To add to that, Ray Allen was a spot up shooter so he wasn't much on passing the ball and Jason Terry is definitely good at dishing the rock as well. Very good addition IMO! The Celtics are definitely my pick to win the East this year!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Strikeout King Wrote:Probably no where near as good as last year especially with the lost of Ray Allen. That's losing 20+ ppg. I hope the Celts can beat the Heat simply because I can't stand the Heat.

Allen is still solid but not 20+ a game, he was barely over 10 last season. I believe the Celtics will be the third best team in the East. Lee and Terry more than make up for the loss of Allen. They have a very good group of bigs as well with Green coming back. I don't see why they can't win it this year.