Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday……………….Stardust
Ok, Ok, it was a little self-gratifying and a little self-indulgent drama. But no better time than my Birthday to tell everyone on Bluegrass Rivals how much I appreciate them and this site. And sorry for those who thought – maybe, just maybe, he’s gone……

Yes, 100,000 is meaningful and symbolic, and was a personal goal of mine from the very first post made in December 2008, but not for what you may think.

I originally thought that I would make a list of the individuals, events and challenges that I have had on this site over the past 5 years and 100,000 posts, but I would have easily have run out of allowable characters for a post – thus needing 2 posts to complete it or 100,001 Wink But the background that many on here have already shared hits the mark. I came here like most others, after finding myself not in the good graces of those who require you to pay for the Milk in order to play on their site. I left with a truly bad taste in my mouth and an attitude to boot! I found BGR on a fluke Google search, and even though I was one of the very FEW non EKY members, I had a goal in mind. So from that very first post, my hope was to find a way that I could spread this site to members in other parts of the state, especially mine, and have dialog about the teams and athletes mast familiar to me. That goal was the not only help this site grow for my own selfish reasons, but to also bury the other site! So, 100,000 was a dream, but definitely had nothing to do with post count! Yes, posts came in bunches – most stupid or useless, many trolling, but some that helped spur decent conversation and debate! Yes, 100,000 is symbolic, but the 100,000 that I want to see is for the total number of Members we have signed up and contributing to this site.

I have made a lot of friends on this site. I probably have many more detractors than those who like me – but that is not the point. The point is, this site offers something that most don’t, and that is to get on here and play at your own peril! I’ve always looked at this as “My Site”, but that means it belongs to all of us individually! When TorQQue built this site, it was for the exact reasons that I outlined above. This site was created for each of us to have a forum that is not based solely on the opinions of one person as to your worth to his site. QQ built this site to be of value to each individual. Thus, it belongs to you. You make it run, you make it fun, you are the life of this site. So we don’t all have to like each other, we don’t have to agree with each other, and we don’t have to step on egg shells fearing that someone with a staff member title is going to ban us for saying something controversial. I enjoy the banter with those who hate everything about me and what I represent as I do with those who I have become close to on this site and consider as true cyber-friends.

You guys are a hoot! I have had a great deal of fun (AT YOUR EXPENSE J ) reading all the posts! I’ll get to them individually as the week goes by and that is where I hope to add the commentary that I didn’t in this post about the individuals who mean so much to me.

So what has been the significance of 100,000 posts, LOL, a lot.
QQ has had to triple the bandwidth and storage (out of his pocket)
We had to go from 5 Moderators to 50 to manage the posts
Every High School team in the state of Kentucky has been “Congratulated” on a Win
I’ve prayed for the family members who have lost a loved one and rejoiced with those who have gotten married or given birth to a child
I have bantered with those who think I am the anti-Christ and scourge of the earth, as well as PM’d those in need of counseling and guidance

I have gained true enjoyment out of this site. I’m fine with the thought that Stardust has no life. I maintain a pretty active schedule, and with each activity that I am involved in, 100% effort goes into each! So don’t worry, I won’t lose my job, my marriage, my parenting, my coaching position, my external business interests, and my personal time away from a computer all on the account of BGR Wink I seem to fit nicely into a 24 hour day – LOL.

It’s time to end this fascination with 100K and move on the next goal – 1,000,000 J

As I have said, I love this site and I love these members – and I will NEVER go so many days without posting again.
Thank goodness your buddy missed you dearly!
Congratulations dick.
You seem robe just fine
Nicely said, friend.
Dang Drama Queen!!

Happy Birthday Dusty.:biggrin:
Happy Birthday!!!....I think.

I actually came on the site to bid you good-bye, and God speed.
I'll be thrilled that you're back once I get over being confused and pissed.

Bob Seger is right!!!
I guess this rules out the speculations that I'm dusty :lmao:
Hmmmm....

Not really!!

Smile
Happy Birthday Dusty!
Happy birthday Big Brother
Happy Birthday, Dusty!

He had to start back before Friday - that way he could post a prediction, congratulation, and stat line on every football game.
Happy Birthday Dusty thank you
Happy Birthday Dusty. Hope you have a great one.
Happy Birthday.... :worthy:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:Dang Drama Queen!!

Happy Birthday Dusty.:biggrin:

Confusednicker: Thank you for noticing.....
Granny Bear Wrote:Happy Birthday!!!....I think.

I actually came on the site to bid you good-bye, and God speed.
I'll be thrilled that you're back once I get over being confused and pissed.

Bob Seger is right!!!

LOL, Granny, I didn't mislead anyone! The comments that I made never committed to to doing anything. I was away for a few days, but there was never a doubt that I would be back...
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:I guess this rules out the speculations that I'm dusty :lmao:

Damn'it, I was hoping......Confusednicker:
zaga_fan Wrote:Happy Birthday, Dusty!

He had to start back before Friday - that way he could post a prediction, congratulation, and stat line on every football game.

Someone who TRULY knows me :biglmao:
Why has nobody taken your post count away yet???
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
^ Because I can't put it back on Wink
True but the trick is seeing how long it would take you to notice..

Tom is not my friend....

I believe I may have fueled the fire with the misleading post.
Happy Bday and welcome back.

This is Stardusts' 60th everyone.
Ballers Wrote:Happy Bday and welcome back.

This is Stardusts' 60th everyone.

He told me 65th?
crazytaxidriver Wrote:True but the trick is seeing how long it would take you to notice..

About at the 100,000th post....Confusednicker:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He told me 65th?

He must've lied to me then :HitWall:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He told me 65th?

The real reason I was away for so long......It took them five days to get the internet connection up at my new "Retirement" home....Confusednicker:

[Image: http://www.comfortlife.ca/blog/wp-conten...-x-298.jpg]
^ Or........

I needed 5 days to recover from my Birthday present......

[Image: http://thegreatwisdom.files.wordpress.co...5/old2.jpg]
I would bet on the nursing home

Tom is not my friend....