•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presidential Debate
This is why, IMO, polls mean nothing before the debates.
Romney HAD to swing some voters tonight, and if he does it again in the next debates, it could really swing.

One thing were forgetting is, that poor Joe Biden has to get drilled next week as well.
Ryan's beat down of Biden will be much worse than Romney's victory over Obama tonight.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The guy on fox just said romney looked sour and he didn't want to be there. Said he was smirking lol.

Uh. you might want to see if you can watch a replay on that junior. I just did. The "guy on Fox" that made that comment was Joe Trippi. The only problem here is that he didn't say it about Romney. He said it about Obama. Just setting the record straight on that.
When Bill Maher, the end all be all liberal athiest actually makes a remark saying Obama sucked it up, you know it was bad.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This is why, IMO, polls mean nothing before the debates.
Romney HAD to swing some voters tonight, and if he does it again in the next debates, it could really swing.

One thing were forgetting is, that poor Joe Biden has to get drilled next week as well.
Ryan's beat down of Biden will be much worse than Romney's victory over Obama tonight.

I can't wait for this debate!! They may fool me, but I think this will be major.
^ I quite honestly would rather Ryan debate Obama, more so than Romney!
Stardust Wrote:^ I quite honestly would rather Ryan debate Obama, more so than Romney!

That would kinda be like running up the score, wouldn't it.Confusednicker:
Going into this...
I assumed that Romney was going to be ripped to shreds.

I DVR'd it and started late because I had a long drive home from Church.
It blew my mind when I saw Romney come out guns blazing in the way that he did.
I think Obama was unprepared and got stunned a little bit.
The only thing negative on Romney's behalf is that he was a mic hog...
but at least he didn't say, "I had 5 seconds left when you cut me off" and then ramble for a couple minutes.

Did anyone other than me hear the sounds of coal miners all over Kentucky go nuts when Romney said...

"Oh by the way, I love coal"
Bob Seger Wrote:Lets just tell it like it is RR. He may have been doing it for four years, but he showed he didn't have a clue as to what he has been doing for four years and didn't even know what he was talking about..

The fact that he has been able to get by for 4 years is in no small way due to the season pass the media has given him. He has blundered and lied his way through without so much as a peep of criticism out of the press. It really is a perfect storm that is a very real and present danger to the ongoing existence of our country. Since the press won't call him out on anything it's left up to common folks and the republican party to expose Obama's shortfalls and missteps. The democrats then brand any opposition to their bent to run roughshod over the US constitution the result of being racist, or rich, callous and unconcerned about the indigent, biased against minorities, and so on. In short, the dems use character assassination to win elections, with their ultimate efforts aimed at dominating US policy and politics.

Obama has been on top of the world for the past 4 years, playing fast and loose with our rights and freedoms. It reminds me of a movie line from "History of the World Part I" in which Mel Brooks, playing a feckless King Louis the XVI famously quipped, "It's good to be King". Such has been the state of mind for Obama since his coronation by the liberal media. Romney, on the other hand, has a lot going for him, intellect, strength of character, a sparkling record as governor of Massachusetts, and Alpha businessman. Owing to his novice and non existent business background, Obama will not be able pull even in either of the two remaining debates.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can't believe that Obama was unprepared....too many "advisors" to feed him information! Perhaps he was unprepared by how strong Romney started the debate. Actually, I was unprepared for that, too.

Obama just could never recover.

TRT must be in a movie mood!! LOL....Perfect Storm, Real & Present Danger, History of the World....
^ Obama was prepared! There is no excuses for last night, Obama told us his policies, Romney told us his. When it was over, Romney did a better job in debate #1 conveying his. This is the first inning of a 4 inning game. Romney 1 - Obama 0!
It was if one debater had spent the last four years thinking about ways to get Americans back to work, improve Obamacare, lower taxes and reinstate us as a superpower. The other debater looked like he had spent the last four years vacationing, partying, chumming with movie stars and rap artists and playing a lot of golf.

You decide which was which.
zaga_fan Wrote:The only thing negative on Romney's behalf is that he was a mic hog...
but at least he didn't say, "I had 5 seconds left when you cut me off" and then ramble for a couple minutes.

It sure seemed like he was a mic hog, but I read the breakdown of time speaking and Obama actually spoke almost 4 minutes more when it was said and done. Interesting. Just goes to show the presence that Romney had. When it seems like he was doing the most talking, it was probably that he was just the one "saying" the most.
^^
I had just come on here to post that statistic!
Bob Seger Wrote:Uh. you might want to see if you can watch a replay on that junior. I just did. The "guy on Fox" that made that comment was Joe Trippi. The only problem here is that he didn't say it about Romney. He said it about Obama. Just setting the record straight on that.

I meant Obama .
The debate was very good to watch. After Obama's last 4 years, I had already made my mind up to vote for almost anyone else, lol. However a very surprising turn of events ocurred:

My wife who is a social conservative but VERY much liberal when it comes to economics and also says that Romney's personality and "big business loving" turns her away from voting for him. After the debate she said, "Romney came off as human, passionate and caring, I have no hesitation about voting for Romney now."

When I asked her why she is voting for Romney now she said basically three things:
(1) Supreme Court appointments coming up (She is VERY anti-abortion)
(2) I trust Romney with fixing the economy more than Obama
(3) Obama has made me embarrased that I voted for him in 2008 (not just based on last night, she has said that for a while).

She had decided to either write in a random name or not vote at all. Last night, she declared she is voting for Romney.

At the very LEAST Romney gained one vote last night. I'm guessing he gained more than that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:^ Obama was prepared! There is no excuses for last night, Obama told us his policies, Romney told us his. When it was over, Romney did a better job in debate #1 conveying his. This is the first inning of a 4 inning game. Romney 1 - Obama 0!

BUT, This is the only inning where they will be focusing on the economy. Any credibility that Obama lost on that segment, he will not have the chance to regain back, via debate anyways.
Bob Seger Wrote:Which basicly amounts to having no record of doing anything at all. Except for making things worse, that is.

It's impossible to defend WR05. What else can he say except I have been a total failure.

No it's not, he can always blame Bush. :lmao:
25% of Americans believe Oblama won. That's why we are going to fail as a country.
Benchwarmer Wrote:25% of Americans believe Oblama won. That's why we are going to fail as a country.
25% of Americans know that although Romney spoke well, his speech was full of lies. Factcheck is your friend.
TheRealVille Wrote:25% of Americans know that although Romney spoke well, his speech was full of lies. Factcheck is your friend.

Yep and Oblamo was full of lies and confused during this debate. So you are correct. Glad you checked what he was saying.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)