Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Obama supporters
ronald reagan Wrote:Would you have parted the Sea? :thatsfunn

You can go back to December 7th all you want... it pales in comparison to what happened on 9/11. It also, was an attack by a military, on a military. This was an attack by a radical Islamic group on multinational civilians. You can talk about OKC, WTC 1, Pearl Harbor, whatever..... its all laughable. Next you'll be comparing the Unibomber to Bin Laden, and The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia to Hezbollah. Each time you post that 9/11 was just another day, another attack... you lose credibility. (as if you're biography didn't do enough damage)

You can disagree with Iraq and rebuilding of it. But its done. And all 5000 plus of those killed.... volunteered. We knew the risks, and we accepted that. I know of no one I served with that was a coward. They are all heroes in my eyes. Once again, you must have been too busy getting you're 3rd Doctorate, and working on cold fusion.

As for private schools. The reason they don't exist nationwide, is because of the government.

I disagree. Comparing the two events and aftermath, it is not even close. Compare it from number of lives, or any other matter. Dec 7 and the events after are far more devistating, in my opinion.

I have never said that 9/11 was just another day. We have had similar days in the past and in my opinion worst. So how does that lose creditability when stating an opinion?

OK, the infrastructure is not there to do private schools and how about the private funding..I mean I know we all are doing so well economically right everyone should be able to fund themselves in schooling right?
tvtimeout Wrote:I disagree. Comparing the two events and aftermath, it is not even close. Compare it from number of lives, or any other matter. Dec 7 and the events after are far more devistating, in my opinion.

I have never said that 9/11 was just another day. We have had similar days in the past and in my opinion worst. So how does that lose creditability when stating an opinion?

OK, the infrastructure is not there to do private schools and how about the private funding..I mean I know we all are doing so well economically right everyone should be able to fund themselves in schooling right?

You get more delusional with each post. Its sad to see you fading so quickly. Dec 7th was a military action, against a military. It wasn't an act of terror in the sense that we commonly view it. 9/11 was a civilian attack by civilians. Thats the end of this debate. If you want to make comparisons between the two, continue to talk to yourself. I'm sure you'll enjoy the conversation of another crazy. Confusednicker:

And as I said, the government should give kids the opportunity to go to private schools. Washington DC is an example of a place that does just that. And guess how its done? Wait for it... Wait for it.... VOUCHERS. Guess who authorized it? Congress. A voucher equal to the rate that a student is currently costing the government in public school. I believe currently, the nationwide average is somewhere around 15,000. A voucher equal to or less than that could be used to send a kid to the school of their choosing. A sliding scale should be implemented, example: full rate for those under poverty, with $1 reduction per $20 of income above that. Again, this is an example.
ronald reagan Wrote:You get more delusional with each post. Its sad to see you fading so quickly. Dec 7th was a military action, against a military. It wasn't an act of terror in the sense that we commonly view it. 9/11 was a civilian attack by civilians. Thats the end of this debate. If you want to make comparisons between the two, continue to talk to yourself. I'm sure you'll enjoy the conversation of another crazy. Confusednicker:

And as I said, the government should give kids the opportunity to go to private schools. Washington DC is an example of a place that does just that. And guess how its done? Wait for it... Wait for it.... VOUCHERS. Guess who authorized it? Congress. A voucher equal to the rate that a student is currently costing the government in public school. I believe currently, the nationwide average is somewhere around 15,000. A voucher equal to or less than that could be used to send a kid to the school of their choosing. A sliding scale should be implemented, example: full rate for those under poverty, with $1 reduction per $20 of income above that. Again, this is an example.

So you want my money to go to a Muslim, Morman, Southern Baptist School, Catholic, and so on right... I disagree with this thought.
tvtimeout Wrote:So you want my money to go to a Muslim, Morman, Southern Baptist School, Catholic, and so on right... I disagree with this thought.

How horrible it would be for a child to get a good education and learn values at the same time. Thats a ridiculous arguement.

But yes, thats exactly what I'm saying. The deal on federal dollars going to private schools is that there are a few guidelines. 1)Kids would not be made to participate in religious activity. 2)federal dollars would not support religious activity. 3)no one could be denied entry to the school based upon religious belief. (This is the idea behind the Faith Based initiative.) Further, it wouldn't just be churches that provided this service. As I pointed out, I like a public-private partnership. Privately ran schools that are autonomous, but recieve federal support and semi-regulated to make sure that discrimination and fiscal abuse isn't taking place. Schools would have to perform at a certain level to recieve federal support. Currently your tax dollars support religious affiliated schools of higher education. Those evil Christian schools.

My father taught me something in my life, and you'd benefit greatly if you'd follow it. The key to sounding smart, is to not sound stupid. Don't talk when you have nothing to say, or know nothing about the topic. I realize this would restrict you greatly, however, I think we all would benefit from your silence.
tvtimeout Wrote:So you want my money to go to a Muslim, Morman, Southern Baptist School, Catholic, and so on right... I disagree with this thought.

:hilarious: :thatsfunn
Foodstamps is a way of the cheese eater Ville.
It's ok.
Ballers Wrote:Foodstamps is a way of the cheese eater Ville.
It's ok.
Am I the Ville you are referring to?