Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Obama supporters
ronald reagan Wrote:1) After 6 years of war, an unprecidented terrorist attack, an expansion of the Dept of Ed, a massive expansion of military spending, and an unfunded astronomical new entitlement..... in 2007, the deficit was around 150 billion. And the unemployment rate was in the 4% range.
2)How about military spending? Its not the military that regulates the amount of water in your toilet. Its not the military that sniffs your exhaust for pollution. Its not the military that is mandating you buy healthcare. This is the example of BIG government. Military spending to keep you free to say the things you do, is the measure of might.
3)How about too big to fail? It was Dodd-Frank (not exactly republican guys FYI) that designated the 5 largest banks as 'too big to fail'. Not republicans.
4)And which party did give the banks the first bail outs? the S&L crisis was during a period of democratic leadership in the house and senate (they wrote the bills). TARP was passed in the Senate with 41 Democrats and 33 Republicans voting for it. In the house, led by democrats who voted 172-63 and republicans rejected it 108-91. So Democrats are 'who gave them the bailouts'.

Good post man.
TheRealVille Wrote:I am better off than I was 4 years ago.

Well that is 1 out of 350 million
Benchwarmer Wrote:Well that is 1 out of 350 million

Actually BW, I think he's union. As the commercial says, he gets the "easy button" thanks to Obama.
tvtimeout Wrote:No, and no, however, the question was am I better off than I was 4 yrs ago... I answered.

I will say that my student loans have been better under Obama than Bush, and I do have both federal loans as well as private loans.

I have noticed that there has been a decline in America since 2001. Is that all Obama's fault... Bush's fault... Clinton's fault... if people were honest they would say it was a mixture.

I give President Obama a break for the last two years, his first two years no, but the last two yes. When Mitch Mcconnell says that the number one goal is to get Obama out three years ago, what does that say about our politics. To me it suggest that people on both sides of the aisle put politics over people... sad.

Republicans have cried about the deficit for 4 yrs now, where were they during Bush's eight yrs? Republicans cry the government is too big, how about the military spending? Republicans cry about legislation being to restrictive on banks, how about too big to fail? Republicans cry about wanting a free enterprise, which party gave the banks the first bail out?

As far as Unions go... are you saying that I should not want a better life, better work conditions, and more pay? I should not want these things is that correct? I mean it is ok for businesses to have these things but not a common worker, I disagree with that thought completely.

Sorry I feel better now; have a good night.

I think a big part of the problem is that Obama can't get both sides to agree on anything.. I personally just don't agree with his way of doing things.. I would rather see him screwing up on CNN than to see papparazzi pics of him on TMZ..

I'm glad that you have a job and are doing good. I'm glad that there are people out there who have legitimate reasons to support him.. Like I said though, I just don't personally know many of them..

Actually to be quite frank, and I hate to say this, but the only people I see truly supporting Obama are the extreme left activists. I'm not generalizing just going by who I talk to. And the only thing they can ever seem to say is he is a cool dude who wants to help people.

And I just haven't seen no help.. Except that my unemployment rate increased by 60 dollars a month compared to 2 years ago..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
TheRealThing Wrote:Cha-ching! Let me get this straight. You are an elementary school teacher, a revewable energy inventor/innovator, you own two businesses and now you're a union member too?

Yes...KEA, and now it is one business, but you got it so far.
ronald reagan Wrote:1) After 6 years of war, an unprecidented terrorist attack, an expansion of the Dept of Ed, a massive expansion of military spending, and an unfunded astronomical new entitlement..... in 2007, the deficit was around 150 billion. And the unemployment rate was in the 4% range.
2)How about military spending? Its not the military that regulates the amount of water in your toilet. Its not the military that sniffs your exhaust for pollution. Its not the military that is mandating you buy healthcare. This is the example of BIG government. Military spending to keep you free to say the things you do, is the measure of might.
3)How about too big to fail? It was Dodd-Frank (not exactly republican guys FYI) that designated the 5 largest banks as 'too big to fail'. Not republicans.
4)And which party did give the banks the first bail outs? the S&L crisis was during a period of democratic leadership in the house and senate (they wrote the bills). TARP was passed in the Senate with 41 Democrats and 33 Republicans voting for it. In the house, led by democrats who voted 172-63 and republicans rejected it 108-91. So Democrats are 'who gave them the bailouts'.

World Trade Center was attacked 1993. Tim Mcveah (Sp) Oklahoma City Bombing, terrorist attacks are not unprecidented, which is sad. However it is my view that attacking Iraq was stupid, lack of better word. I understand Afghanistan, but not Iraq.
I am glad only took President Obama 3 years to get Bin Lauden. Military spending accounts for more than a 25% of the budget, which is the largest part of the budget. I know we need that military base in England, instead of teaching our kids how to read and write, that is the logic you are making correct. In fact I would bet if you are from South Eastern Kentucky, which I am very proud to be of, your public school has received Title I money, for just that of reading and math, do you disagree with this? The probably received ADA money as well to make sure that handicapped children have the same access as regular education students. I will gladly stand up for that.

Now, who was President during TARP? I mean we could not blame congress it is all the President's fault right? How did we get into the crisis of the S&L...deregulation...so lets all do it again because it worked so well for us the first time. Hence the Romney plan!
tvtimeout Wrote:No, and no, however, the question was am I better off than I was 4 yrs ago... I answered.

I will say that my student loans have been better under Obama than Bush, and I do have both federal loans as well as private loans.

I have noticed that there has been a decline in America since 2001. Is that all Obama's fault... Bush's fault... Clinton's fault... if people were honest they would say it was a mixture.

I give President Obama a break for the last two years, his first two years no, but the last two yes. When Mitch Mcconnell says that the number one goal is to get Obama out three years ago, what does that say about our politics. To me it suggest that people on both sides of the aisle put politics over people... sad.

Republicans have cried about the deficit for 4 yrs now, where were they during Bush's eight yrs? Republicans cry the government is too big, how about the military spending? Republicans cry about legislation being to restrictive on banks, how about too big to fail? Republicans cry about wanting a free enterprise, which party gave the banks the first bail out?

As far as Unions go... are you saying that I should not want a better life, better work conditions, and more pay? I should not want these things is that correct? I mean it is ok for businesses to have these things but not a common worker, I disagree with that thought completely.

Sorry I feel better now; have a good night.

Ahh, so your student loans have been better. First off, you know we're going to be hurting for that in the long term, don't you? You may be in good shape now from it, but the handling of student loans is simply another example of how Obama (and our society) has a help-now hurt-later type philosophy.

How can you give Obama a break the last two years? His first two years, he has an overwhelming majority and can pass anything that he wants to. The democrats still have a majority in the senate. Regardless of the majority, the buck stops with Obama. End of story. You do know that Ronald Reagan had a republican controlled senate, and a democrat controlled house, right? Not to mention, both were controlled by the democrats his last to years. But yet, Reagan found a way to get thing done.

After seeing Obama's lack of ability to work with the other side, you can't blame McConnell for saying what he did. You didn't even see the Republican party say that with Bill Clinton, minus his impeachment trial. I'm not saying the republicans have a clean slate, but when you have someone like Obama in there then you get results like that. We have elected somebody that is "cool" rather than competent.

Concerning the deficit, it's the ol' Pee Wee Herman "I know you are but what am I" game huh? Your poster boy felt so confident in 2008 that he could come in and turn this mess around - and felt so confident that he said this:

As to the other stuff in that paragraph, you really think that the democrats have done anything to make any of that better? Government is bigger and more powerful than ever. Economic restrictons are crazy. I have audited banks, health care entities, and even a coal company. I have seen first-hand just how ridiculous some of these restrictions are. You want to blame the republicans, but the democrats were so confident they could fix this - and now, we are in a deep hole that is nearly impossible to get out of.

Now, "as far as unions go," I never said that you should not want a better life, more pay, etc. Pray tell, are the democrats even in the same dimension as the rest of us? My contention - had you paid attention - was about unions becoming more and more demanding on their employers. I could understand the unions in the 30's, 40's, and 50's when working conditions were much worse and workers were being treated poorly by their employers. It would be comical to see some of these union workers today have to work during those times. I would love to see these boys work a real job where they don't just come in, sit on their arse, do nothing and get paid for it. Then they complain and whine and want more. Obama has helped these unions a good bit. That is the only group of people he has helped in terms of making a better living.
TheRealVille Wrote:You don't even have a clue. But, as far as work goes, I'm way better off than I was 4 years ago.

As far as work goes, I too am better off than ever before, but it is due to longevity at my job and earning it not due to anything the President has done. My question to you is this, I am making more money this year but in the long run I am not doing better because my health premiums jumped up 2600 dollars this year, gas prices are crazy, and food cost have gone up. And I am sure heating bills will also go up this year. So after you factor in all the economical factors and not just your gross income, are you really doing better off?

Would love to have a President (Dem or Rep) come in and run the country like a bussiness or like I run my household for 4 years, If you do not have the money, you do not spend it. Cut all unnecessary programs, quit sending billions to the middle east who will take our money but never be our allies, and quit spending billions on our military in countries we do not belong (love our military and not against spending on it, just not in countries where it makes no sense). Let's spend money on our country first and take care of our own people before shipping billions to countries that would love to see Americans wiped off the face of the earth. A good example is putting money into road and bridge construction which is awful and look how many jobs this would also open up.
tvtimeout Wrote:World Trade Center was attacked 1993. Tim Mcveah (Sp) Oklahoma City Bombing, terrorist attacks are not unprecidented, which is sad. However it is my view that attacking Iraq was stupid, lack of better word. I understand Afghanistan, but not Iraq. I am glad only took President Obama 3 years to get Bin Lauden. Military spending accounts for more than a 25% of the budget, which is the largest part of the budget. I know we need that military base in England, instead of teaching our kids how to read and write, that is the logic you are making correct. In fact I would bet if you are from South Eastern Kentucky, which I am very proud to be of, your public school has received Title I money, for just that of reading and math, do you disagree with this? The probably received ADA money as well to make sure that handicapped children have the same access as regular education students. I will gladly stand up for that.

Now, who was President during TARP? I mean we could not blame congress it is all the President's fault right? How did we get into the crisis of the S&L...deregulation...so lets all do it again because it worked so well for us the first time. Hence the Romney plan!

Lets have a little talk... its where I speak, and you listen. A monologue, not so much of a dialogue. So... ready? doubtful.. but I don't really care.

1)Military spending as a total of the budget for 2012 accounted for 24%, entitlements (ss and medicare) totaled 44%. Next year, both social security and medicare will outspend defense, individually. When welfare is included, add another 12%. This brings total entitlement spending to 56%. The terrorist attacks were UNPRECIDENTED! 3000 people dead, billions upon billions lost, millions of jobs lost, an economy that nearly crashed. National symbols known across the world destroyed. An act of war from an entire fringe of a religion. 4 Airplanes crashed as missles. Members of 50+ nations, religions, ideas dead! A nation brought to a standstill.... WAR... PATRIOT ACT... It wasn't win a car bomb did minimal damage in the 93 WTC attack that our national anthem was played in countless countries, or billions of dollars flowed in from across the world in charity. You are so far off base with your thinking, that I doubt anything said makes since to you. But will resonate easily throughout the rest of BGR. You my child, are an exception.
2)I don't care what you're view on Iraq and Afghanistan was. I was there. I saw the difference it made and the looks of hope in the eyes of the children and one of the stories that effects me the most is seeing lady who much have been in her 90's, come to me... fall to her knees and kiss my feet. So, go ahead and tell her (you compassionate liberal you!), that she didn't deserve the freedom we gave her.
3)The base in england costs approximately the same amount as it would here. And, it was from there that Gahdaffi's regime was struck hard after there acts of terror. Let me guess, you didn't support that? It was also a launching point for bombing runs in the early afghan war which you 'supported'. Further, the education budget has never been higher and teachers have never been paid more.... Wars in afghanistan and Iraq affected this presidents spending ZERO. Under Obama the budget for education has went from 36 billion to 71 billion. not counting the supplemental funding to education from the "stimulus" bill, of 190 billion. And while we're at it, the president expanded the war in afghanistan with ZERO results.. costing billions. And as someone just recently said, if Obama hadn't gave the loans to the 3-4 major corps that went bankrupt, he could have hired the 100,000 math and science teachers he is now wanting. In fact, if he hadn't gave the 'green energy' a check for 90billion, he could have hired 2 MILLION new teachers.
4)I didn't attend public school. However, I will say that you're right... it did recieve federal funding, but not a dime less than it would have had we not being fighting two wars.
5)The president was Bush, a RINO. The congress that sent him a veto proof bill was a democratic congress, who's democrats voted in much higher % in favor than the republicans who rejected it in the house. The SL crisis was funded by Democrats once again. Remember who said, "The house has the power of the purse?" You're lovely Princess Pelosi.
6)And ADA money.. blah. For the most part I don't support ADA. And I'm DISABLED. Its intent is worthy and honorable, however, its application isn't practical. For instance, in a public office building, elevators are typically required for its workers. Even small ones. This is a waste of funding, because the office for the 1 or 2 handicapped individuals could be moved downstairs instead of installing a 300,000 dollar elevator.

Look, you better come at me with something more than the rhetoric you posted. It does nothing to advance your cause, unless your cause is make yourself look uneducated and bolster my view that public schools are failing us with their RECORD dollars. Eitherway, you have a lot to learn about who I am, what I know, and how quickly I'll shut you up. And if you aren't learning it now, stay tuned... and you'll have a degree in Reaganology before you know it.

Pathetic.
^ :thatsfunn I enjoyed your post RR. You got it right, buzzing his tower don't help cause the controllers are all on strike, LOL. Drop a dollop of Libertarian, and two dollops of liberal Democrat in a blender, whip into a froth and serve with fruitcake.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:Did he say he was a union member, or explained that unions do good work in the labor force? You are a union member, but vote against them at every turn. You don't have a union voice.

We've talked about this stuff before. Being a union member isn't quite like swearing a blood oath. I supported my union in everyway possible. My dues, my level of compitence, my commitment on the job, kept my training up, walked the pickett before you were alive, I always gave my best.

You don't define the measure of my career, or the true meaning of being a union member of good standing. All you have is the opinion somebody else gave you. When organized labor merged their hard earned union clout with politics, they left the path. Union labor originally was set up to bargain with their level of skill and commitment to produce a work product, which was and is, the standard of excellence. Not by making end runs with politicians who trade favors for votes. You want to do that go ahead. You my friend are a typical democrat. You do what serves you best while taking the liberty to define the lives and ideas of others in negative terms. People like you, made their big move up in Wisconsin and got it shoved back in their faces. Scott Walker is still the governor of Wisconsin despite the millions of dues dollars wasted on his recall by a bunch of guys trying to undo the will of the voters. My union voice is guaranteed me first as an American and second, by 42 years of service. Not by somebody who disagrees with my right of free expression. I never vote against unions. I vote against what I consider to be bad governance. If labor insists on aligning themselves with those who advocate and legislate things which are contrary to God's law, that's their problem not mine. Acts 5:29 (KJV) 29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm not big on the politics and all this stuff but I love to read what all of you post. I am voting for the first in my life and I am in my 30's so I guess people like me are the votes they are after at this point of the game. I have thaught for years that all politicians are crooks but things have got so bad in this country that I just don't want to stand by anymore. I don't get this Rep-v-Dem stuff because I like to take a good look at it and then pick who I think would be the best person for the job. I think Bush was bad but I don't think Obama is any better. I know that Bush made some bad choices but he can't blame it all on bush. The man has had 4 years to make things better but from what I can tell a lot of things are worse from 4 years ago. He wants another term to turn things around but that will also only be 4 years so how much better cane he do? To answer your question, no Im not any better off from 4 years ago. I will vote for Romney
Like having you here man! Keep it up!
Do-double-gg Wrote:I'm not big on the politics and all this stuff but I love to read what all of you post. I am voting for the first in my life and I am in my 30's so I guess people like me are the votes they are after at this point of the game. I have thaught for years that all politicians are crooks but things have got so bad in this country that I just don't want to stand by anymore. I don't get this Rep-v-Dem stuff because I like to take a good look at it and then pick who I think would be the best person for the job. I think Bush was bad but I don't think Obama is any better. I know that Bush made some bad choices but he can't blame it all on bush. The man has had 4 years to make things better but from what I can tell a lot of things are worse from 4 years ago. He wants another term to turn things around but that will also only be 4 years so how much better cane he do? To answer your question, no Im not any better off from 4 years ago. I will vote for Romney

None. Matter of fact, he has promised to run us into the ground at an even faster clip than the past 4 years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ronald reagan Wrote:Lets have a little talk... its where I speak, and you listen. A monologue, not so much of a dialogue. So... ready? doubtful.. but I don't really care.

1)Military spending as a total of the budget for 2012 accounted for 24%, entitlements (ss and medicare) totaled 44%. Next year, both social security and medicare will outspend defense, individually. When welfare is included, add another 12%. This brings total entitlement spending to 56%. The terrorist attacks were UNPRECIDENTED! 3000 people dead, billions upon billions lost, millions of jobs lost, an economy that nearly crashed. National symbols known across the world destroyed. An act of war from an entire fringe of a religion. 4 Airplanes crashed as missles. Members of 50+ nations, religions, ideas dead! A nation brought to a standstill.... WAR... PATRIOT ACT... It wasn't win a car bomb did minimal damage in the 93 WTC attack that our national anthem was played in countless countries, or billions of dollars flowed in from across the world in charity. You are so far off base with your thinking, that I doubt anything said makes since to you. But will resonate easily throughout the rest of BGR. You my child, are an exception.
2)I don't care what you're view on Iraq and Afghanistan was. I was there. I saw the difference it made and the looks of hope in the eyes of the children and one of the stories that effects me the most is seeing lady who much have been in her 90's, come to me... fall to her knees and kiss my feet. So, go ahead and tell her (you compassionate liberal you!), that she didn't deserve the freedom we gave her.
3)The base in england costs approximately the same amount as it would here. And, it was from there that Gahdaffi's regime was struck hard after there acts of terror. Let me guess, you didn't support that? It was also a launching point for bombing runs in the early afghan war which you 'supported'. Further, the education budget has never been higher and teachers have never been paid more.... Wars in afghanistan and Iraq affected this presidents spending ZERO. Under Obama the budget for education has went from 36 billion to 71 billion. not counting the supplemental funding to education from the "stimulus" bill, of 190 billion. And while we're at it, the president expanded the war in afghanistan with ZERO results.. costing billions. And as someone just recently said, if Obama hadn't gave the loans to the 3-4 major corps that went bankrupt, he could have hired the 100,000 math and science teachers he is now wanting. In fact, if he hadn't gave the 'green energy' a check for 90billion, he could have hired 2 MILLION new teachers.
4)I didn't attend public school. However, I will say that you're right... it did recieve federal funding, but not a dime less than it would have had we not being fighting two wars.
5)The president was Bush, a RINO. The congress that sent him a veto proof bill was a democratic congress, who's democrats voted in much higher % in favor than the republicans who rejected it in the house. The SL crisis was funded by Democrats once again. Remember who said, "The house has the power of the purse?" You're lovely Princess Pelosi.
6)And ADA money.. blah. For the most part I don't support ADA. And I'm DISABLED. Its intent is worthy and honorable, however, its application isn't practical. For instance, in a public office building, elevators are typically required for its workers. Even small ones. This is a waste of funding, because the office for the 1 or 2 handicapped individuals could be moved downstairs instead of installing a 300,000 dollar elevator.

Look, you better come at me with something more than the rhetoric you posted. It does nothing to advance your cause, unless your cause is make yourself look uneducated and bolster my view that public schools are failing us with their RECORD dollars. Eitherway, you have a lot to learn about who I am, what I know, and how quickly I'll shut you up. And if you aren't learning it now, stay tuned... and you'll have a degree in Reaganology before you know it.

Pathetic.

Really, Ronald Reagan... first before I go and rebute some of your points thank you for your service.

Now entitlement as you call it in S.S. I would disagree with your point of view on that matter.

The point was on SPENDING... your right thank goodness federal dollars was not cut on education. I was simply trying to get down the debt and I would choose schools over military spending. That is my opinion. So I guess now I could call you choice words because you disagree with my opinion and scream louder but I won't.

Please define UNPRECIDENTED? I showed examples of other terriost attacks.

ADA money, I disagree with your opinion.

I am sorry you did not have the oppertunity to go to a public school. Cause I know that my poor tailend did not have the oppertunity to afford to go to a private school. My family could not afford it. I however ended up going to college, have a masters degree, and a Rank I. I now another poster is keeping tabs on my biography so I am trying to help him out with that info.

Opinions are what opinions are, your opinion is of no higher value than mine and vise versa, anyone who believes otherwise is simply foolish or a coward to stand up for what he or she believes in. Eitherway, I will be right here discussing on what I believe in and what course I believe would best serve America.
Elementary school teacher, renewable energy inventor/innovator, owns two businesses, is a union member, has a master's degree and is credited with a rank 1. :igiveup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Elementary school teacher, renewable energy inventor/innovator, owns two businesses, is a union member, has a master's degree and is credited with a rank 1. :igiveup:

Lol...1 business now, everything else is good to go!
"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."

Degrees are a joke.
tvtimeout Wrote:Really, Ronald Reagan... first before I go and rebute some of your points thank you for your service.

Now entitlement as you call it in S.S. I would disagree with your point of view on that matter.

The point was on SPENDING... your right thank goodness federal dollars was not cut on education. I was simply trying to get down the debt and I would choose schools over military spending. That is my opinion. So I guess now I could call you choice words because you disagree with my opinion and scream louder but I won't.

Please define UNPRECIDENTED? I showed examples of other terriost attacks.

ADA money, I disagree with your opinion.

I am sorry you did not have the oppertunity to go to a public school. Cause I know that my poor tailend did not have the oppertunity to afford to go to a private school. My family could not afford it. I however ended up going to college, have a masters degree, and a Rank I. I now another poster is keeping tabs on my biography so I am trying to help him out with that info.

Opinions are what opinions are, your opinion is of no higher value than mine and vise versa, anyone who believes otherwise is simply foolish or a coward to stand up for what he or she believes in. Eitherway, I will be right here discussing on what I believe in and what course I believe would best serve America.

The opportunity to go to public school? :biglmao:

Unprecidented = Unlike anything before. The attacks you site are small in nature, and 1 of the 2 wasn't even a radical muslim. Neither changed our lives in the way that the WTC, Pentagon, and Pennsylvania attacks did. The world wept. It rallied around us. We attacked two countries afterward with 40-50 other nations. Our airline industry crashed. We lost millions of jobs. Thousands dead. Billions upon billions in relief and reconstruction. An entire new cabinet level position and department. Expansion of the military. New rules for flying. I can go on for days.

Terrorists attacks have happened for hundreds, perhaps thousands of years. But the attacks on 9/11 were like nothing ever seen before. You must have been too busy working on your impressive resume' to notice the impact that it had. If you think OKC or a car bomb in the WTC is on par with what happened that tuesday morning..... then I'm not going to be able to talk to you about it any longer. Your perception is altered, and most likely explains your political views.

I would rather see money spent on the military, than the Dept of Education. Anyday. In fact, I'd rather see the dept of education labeled as a terrorist organization. Its disgusting. Congress should give every student the same opportunity they give their kids.. private school. Vouchers, tax credits, block grants to states to administer public-private co-ops.

And don't worry about debt reduction.... Obama says that it doesn't matter. yet, he called Bush unpatriotic for his spending. What does that make Barrack? A traitor....
ronald reagan Wrote:The opportunity to go to public school? :biglmao:

Unprecidented = Unlike anything before. The attacks you site are small in nature, and 1 of the 2 wasn't even a radical muslim. Neither changed our lives in the way that the WTC, Pentagon, and Pennsylvania attacks did. The world wept. It rallied around us. We attacked two countries afterward with 40-50 other nations. Our airline industry crashed. We lost millions of jobs. Thousands dead. Billions upon billions in relief and reconstruction. An entire new cabinet level position and department. Expansion of the military. New rules for flying. I can go on for days.

Terrorists attacks have happened for hundreds, perhaps thousands of years. But the attacks on 9/11 were like nothing ever seen before. You must have been too busy working on your impressive resume' to notice the impact that it had. If you think OKC or a car bomb in the WTC is on par with what happened that tuesday morning..... then I'm not going to be able to talk to you about it any longer. Your perception is altered, and most likely explains your political views.

I would rather see money spent on the military, than the Dept of Education. Anyday. In fact, I'd rather see the dept of education labeled as a terrorist organization. Its disgusting. Congress should give every student the same opportunity they give their kids.. private school. Vouchers, tax credits, block grants to states to administer public-private co-ops.

And don't worry about debt reduction.... Obama says that it doesn't matter. yet, he called Bush unpatriotic for his spending. What does that make Barrack? A traitor....

Lol, I thought you would enjoy that...

I am orginally from Whitley Co... there are no private schools to be had, therefore, I would not have been educated. The infrastructure that you talk about does not exist. It is like alternative energy, great thought not practical.

I do worry about about debt reduction for both state and federal monies. I believe choices will have to be made, and I choose to educate. I would be considered a "blue dog" democrat.

Now as far as 9/11, I could always come back with Dec 7th. I again disagree with Iraq and the rebuilding of Iraq.

If I was a policy maker, I am at war, I would take the approach of the Old Testiment. It is not humane, but it would have saved 2,000+ servicemen and women's lives.
tvtimeout Wrote:Lol, I thought you would enjoy that...

I am orginally from Whitley Co... there are no private schools to be had, therefore, I would not have been educated. The infrastructure that you talk about does not exist. It is like alternative energy, great thought not practical.

I do worry about about debt reduction for both state and federal monies. I believe choices will have to be made, and I choose to educate. I would be considered a "blue dog" democrat.

Now as far as 9/11, I could always come back with Dec 7th. I again disagree with Iraq and the rebuilding of Iraq.

If I was a policy maker, I am at war, I would take the approach of the Old Testiment. It is not humane, but it would have saved 2,000+ servicemen and women's lives.

Confusednicker:
WideRight05 Wrote:Confusednicker:

And just think, '05. He's not only a school teacher, he's also a hot shot inventor, as well as the owner of multiple industrial conglomerates.:biggrin:

Would you have parted the Sea? :thatsfunn

You can go back to December 7th all you want... it pales in comparison to what happened on 9/11. It also, was an attack by a military, on a military. This was an attack by a radical Islamic group on multinational civilians. You can talk about OKC, WTC 1, Pearl Harbor, whatever..... its all laughable. Next you'll be comparing the Unibomber to Bin Laden, and The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia to Hezbollah. Each time you post that 9/11 was just another day, another attack... you lose credibility. (as if you're biography didn't do enough damage)

You can disagree with Iraq and rebuilding of it. But its done. And all 5000 plus of those killed.... volunteered. We knew the risks, and we accepted that. I know of no one I served with that was a coward. They are all heroes in my eyes. Once again, you must have been too busy getting you're 3rd Doctorate, and working on cold fusion.

As for private schools. The reason they don't exist nationwide, is because of the government.

What is wrong with you? Why do you keep trying to downplay 9/11? Pearl Harbor was an attack by a foreign military, not a terrorist attack on civilians genius. The world had not seen anything close to 9/11, for the sale reasons Robald mentioned.

Stop trying to downplay it...it's classless.
vundy33 Wrote:What is wrong with you? Why do you keep trying to downplay 9/11? Pearl Harbor was an attack by a foreign military, not a terrorist attack on civilians genius. The world had not seen anything close to 9/11, for the sale reasons Robald mentioned.

Was it Iraq, or Afghanistan that harbored the 9/11 terrorists? Or, are you going back to the WMD argument?
Bob Seger Wrote:And just think, '05. He's not only a school teacher, he's also a hot shot inventor, as well as the owner of multiple industrial conglomerates.:biggrin:

Oh man. That's just scary to think of.

He also has his Master's degree. That puts him head and shoulders above anybody he comes across. :lmao:
ronald reagan Wrote:Would you have parted the Sea? :thatsfunn

You can go back to December 7th all you want... it pales in comparison to what happened on 9/11. It also, was an attack by a military, on a military. This was an attack by a radical Islamic group on multinational civilians. You can talk about OKC, WTC 1, Pearl Harbor, whatever..... its all laughable. Next you'll be comparing the Unibomber to Bin Laden, and The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia to Hezbollah. Each time you post that 9/11 was just another day, another attack... you lose credibility. (as if you're biography didn't do enough damage)

You can disagree with Iraq and rebuilding of it. But its done. And all 5000 plus of those killed.... volunteered. We knew the risks, and we accepted that. I know of no one I served with that was a coward. They are all heroes in my eyes. Once again, you must have been too busy getting you're 3rd Doctorate, and working on cold fusion.

As for private schools. The reason they don't exist nationwide, is because of the government.

Fiscally there is another little tidbit that seems to escape notice everytime a discussion about 9/11 comes up (not that one could fix a price for the life of even one American citizen). Ultimately the cost of those two airliners slamming into WTC buildings and the Pentagon, cost this nation over 3 trillion dollars. W burned through his share of tax dollars but, what would the budget deficit have been if not for that unprecedented terror?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:Was it Iraq, or Afghanistan that harbored the 9/11 terrorists? Or, are you going back to the WMD argument?

:gtfo:
TheRealVille Wrote:Was it Iraq, or Afghanistan that harbored the 9/11 terrorists? Or, are you going back to the WMD argument?

It was neither. 15 of the 19 were from Saudi Arabia, 2 from the UAE, 1 from lebanon, and 1 from Egypt. Only a few trained in Afghanistan for a very short period of time.

And if you'd like to read the reasons for the Iraqi war, please do.

Iraq's noncompliance with the conditions of the 1991 ceasefire agreement, including interference with U.N. weapons inspectors.
Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction, and programs to develop such weapons, posed a "threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region."
Iraq's "brutal repression of its civilian population."
Iraq's "capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people".
Iraq's hostility towards the United States as demonstrated by the 1993 assassination attempt on former President George H. W. Bush and firing on coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War.
Members of al-Qaeda, an organization bearing responsibility for attacks on the United States, its citizens, and interests, including the attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, are known to be in Iraq.
Iraq's "continu[ing] to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations," including anti-United States terrorist organizations.
Iraq paid bounty to families of suicide bombers.
The efforts by the Congress and the President to fight terrorists, and those who aided or harbored them.
The authorization by the Constitution and the Congress for the President to fight anti-United States terrorism.
The governments in Turkey, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia feared Saddam and wanted him removed from power.
Citing the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the resolution reiterated that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Saddam Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement.

Lets remember it was Tom Daschle (D) and Dick Gephart (D) who wrote the bill.
vundy33 Wrote:What is wrong with you? Why do you keep trying to downplay 9/11? Pearl Harbor was an attack by a foreign military, not a terrorist attack on civilians genius. The world had not seen anything close to 9/11, for the sale reasons Robald mentioned.

It is not down playing calling it like Pearl Harbor in my mind. I think Pearl Harbor is one of the most horrible attacks on the U.S, in its early history.