Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7.8% Unempolyment? Who Believes It?
TheRealVille Wrote:That's what I thought.

:lame: :please:
TheRealVille Wrote:Just in the last 4 years, I have made almost more than 8 years under the previous administration. You figure.
So you did well under President Bush's policies? Since the last 4 years of economic policies were President's Bush's fault, right?Confusednicker:
TheRealVille Wrote:That's what I thought.

You thought what? You heard those voices again?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
nky Wrote:So you did well under President Bush's policies? Since the last 4 years of economic policies were President's Bush's fault, right?Confusednicker:
No, I have done almost as good in 4 years under Obama as I did in 8 years under Bush. Did you do reading comprehension in school? Maybe you had a 2.5 gpa?
unless things have changed, a 2.5 was a C average.. I've met doctors who had averages close to that..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
CTD, standards have lowered since you've been in school. A 2.0 is considered a C average, so according to TRV's grading scale, NkY is passing with flying colors! :lmao:

I'm sure even TRV could get a 2.0 in these watered down days. Confusednicker:
I guess I just showed my age then huh?? lol
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Lol
WideRight05 Wrote:CTD, standards have lowered since you've been in school. A 2.0 is considered a C average, so according to TRV's grading scale, NkY is passing with flying colors! :lmao:

I'm sure even TRV could get a 2.0 in these watered down days. Confusednicker:
I had a 3.4 in the harder days.
TheRealVille Wrote:No, I have done almost as good in 4 years under Obama as I did in 8 years under Bush. Did you do reading comprehension in school? Maybe you had a 2.5 gpa?
Confusednicker: You can thank President Bush. President Obama keeps doing that:pondering:
TheRealVille Wrote:No, I have done almost as good in 4 years under Obama as I did in 8 years under Bush. Did you do reading comprehension in school? Maybe you had a 2.5 gpa?
:lame: Never had below 3.5 in High School, 3+ in undergrad, 4.0 in both Masters:welcome:
nky Wrote::lame: Never had below 3.5 in High School, 3+ in undergrad, 4.0 in both Masters:welcome:
Good for you. You should have no excuse on your reading comprehension, then
reading comprehension is fine but if you and your ilk are going to blame the economy on President Bush than he should get credit for it also
TheRealVille Wrote:I had a 3.4 in the harder days.

:lmao:

TRV's college schedule:

PE 201
Mooching 412
Keynesian Economics 313
Distributing Wealth 201
I drove down US 23 to I-64 today, and I have never seen so few trucks on the road or waiting to dump a load of coal. Obama is not killing the coal industry in eastern Kentucky he has already accomplished his mission.

I know that low natural gas prices have reduced the demand for coal, but the damage that Obama's EPA and MSHA are doing to the industry will cripple it for years to come. Once he is elected, the Romney will need to be extremely aggressive in purging those agencies of the managers who were put in place to destroy the industry. The easiest way to grant regulatory relief to the coal industry and others targeted with extermination by Obama would be for Congress to pass a law nullifying all regulations adopted during the last four years, or at least suspend them, pending a speedy review of each new regulation.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I drove down US 23 to I-64 today, and I have never seen so few trucks on the road or waiting to dump a load of coal. Obama is not killing the coal industry in eastern Kentucky he has already accomplished his mission.

I know that low natural gas prices have reduced the demand for coal, but the damage that Obama's EPA and MSHA are doing to the industry will cripple it for years to come. Once he is elected, the Romney will need to be extremely aggressive in purging those agencies of the managers who were put in place to destroy the industry. The easiest way to grant regulatory relief to the coal industry and others targeted with extermination by Obama would be for Congress to pass a law nullifying all regulations adopted during the last four years, or at least suspend them, pending a speedy review of each new regulation.

^At the very least. I would add a moratorium to be placed on the EPA on further aggressive actions to thwart industry and mining/drilling. That would include dropping the whole of EPA management into the toilet and firmly yanking the flush handle. And some kind of congressional oversight to regulated the agency.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How long will it take romney to allow eastern kentucky to get up and running again?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:How long will it take romney to allow eastern kentucky to get up and running again?

He'll make coal a priority. This winter could be a little sparse then the spring will be so sweet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:He'll make coal a priority. This winter could be a little sparse then the spring will be so sweet.

Thats sounds great.

My other question is, What if it doesnt?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Thats sounds great.

My other question is, What if it doesnt?

If you're asking what will happen if Obama wins my guess will be slow death. You got to remember, power stations and other entities have been holding on trying to see what will happen as the result of this election. There is no reason to pursue a future with anything to do with coal if Obama gets reelected, it's over. Many companies have told their employees that should Obama be elected they will have to close their doors. Insurance and other regulatory controls will sap the remaining viable cash reserves from company coffers. Seeger can tell you with very clear insight what will happen with the local mines and the coal industry in general.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:If you're asking what will happen if Obama wins my guess will be slow death. You got to remember, power stations and other entities have been holding on trying to see what will happen as the result of this election. There is no reason to pursue a future with anything to do with coal if Obama gets reelected, it's over. Many companies have told their employees that should Obama be elected they will have to close their doors. Insurance and other regulatory controls will sap the remaining viable cash reserves from company coffers. Seeger can tell you with very clear insight what will happen with the local mines and the coal industry in general.

No, I am asking what happens if romney wins and the coal companies continue to decline.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:How long will it take romney to allow eastern kentucky to get up and running again?
I think that will depend on natural gas prices but if the damage that Obama has done is not reversed, the coal industry will never fully recover. Eastern Kentucky coal companies are already handicapped by the fact that much of its remaining coal reserves are in very thin seams compared to those in other parts of the country. If the playing field is leveled and eastern Kentucky coal cannot compete, then so be it, but it is time to roll back the regulatory environment to at least 2008.

The thing about natural gas is that given the current surplus we have, new applications will be found and prices will eventually rise to where coal will be more competitive. All of the buses in the NOVA suburbs of DC already run on natural gas and there is no reason that other large fleets of buses cannot be converted to burn natural gas.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I think that will depend on natural gas prices but if the damage that Obama has done is not reversed, the coal industry will never fully recover. Eastern Kentucky coal companies are already handicapped by the fact that much of its remaining coal reserves are in very thin seams compared to those in other parts of the country. If the playing field is leveled and eastern Kentucky coal cannot compete, then so be it, but it is time to roll back the regulatory environment to at least 2008.

The thing about natural gas is that given the current surplus we have, new applications will be found and prices will eventually rise to where coal will be more competitive. All of the buses in the NOVA suburbs of DC already run on natural gas and there is no reason that other large fleets of buses cannot be converted to burn natural gas.

Something like this happened before back in the 70's when folks spurned natural gas for electric appliances and home heating. Electrical rates spiked. I think lack of competition will cause rising N gas prices and coal will likely get back in the game. Also an administration friendly to coal will enourage operators to hang on and possibly do things to help out in other ways.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As TRT stated, he'll make it a main priority.
Romney is big on energy and energy independence.
I would say within 6 months to a year, coal will hit another boom once Romney takes office in January.

If Romney is elected, i expect, along with many others in the coal business, for coal to be back at 80% of what it was by next summer.
TheRealThing Wrote:If you're asking what will happen if Obama wins my guess will be slow death. You got to remember, power stations and other entities have been holding on trying to see what will happen as the result of this election. There is no reason to pursue a future with anything to do with coal if Obama gets reelected, it's over. Many companies have told their employees that should Obama be elected they will have to close their doors. Insurance and other regulatory controls will sap the remaining viable cash reserves from company coffers. Seeger can tell you with very clear insight what will happen with the local mines and the coal industry in general.

A lot of people dont believe it but your exactly right about companies waiting until the election.
I personally know of one company who owns 5 different outfits in Harlan County alone that will shut its doors at the end of this year if Obama is elected again. Thousands of jobs will be lost in Harlan County alone.