Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers for Franz Walkup, shot 5 times in Afghanistan
http://www.wsmv.com/story/19750397/canno...or-prayers

Quote:Walkup was injured during a gun battle in Afghanistan this past weekend. Army officials said the American soldiers thought they were under attack by insurgents when a mortar round struck a checkpoint set up by U.S. forces. The soldiers fired upon Afghan allies who returned fire. Walkup was shot five times.

This is a friend of a friend. I don't know him, but I figure he could use extra prayers I guess since he's not out of the woods yet, and the fact that most people who have been shot that many times by an AK-47 are usually dead way before they get even close to the hospital. He's a young guy, and married, not to mention his older brother was killed in Iraq in 2007.

Some prayers going his way would be nice. You can also join the Facebook group, "Staying Strong for Franz Walkup". Thanks.
Will be praying!
Definitely will pray!
I'm so sorry, vundy. Please know that prayers will be going from me for this young man!!
Thoughts and prayers from Ballers.
Thanks a lot guys!
Walkup is in the U.S. now, I believe at Walter Reed.
I don't know, but it sounds as if he's doing better.
I do know that prayers helped him get here.
Stay strong Franz; and good luck!!!!!
Thoughts & Prayers go out to this young man and his family.
Prayers
Sorry I'm late, but again, thank you all.

Like Granny said, he's back in the U.S. doing MUCH better. Moving around, talking, all that. It's really a miracle.

Btw, just so ya know. Out of the 12 Afghan soldiers that fired on his unit, 8 were killed.