Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most State Tournaments played in?
I had a father ask if I knew if there was a record for most times playing in the state tournament. His daughter has played in 7 3-volleyball and 4-softball. I told him I didn't have a clue. I just want to hear who has the most times at state boy or girl!
that is something to play in so many different states. Was that in one year or high school career.
North Hardin senior Lydia Gumm played in girls' state golf tournament 10 consecutive years. She earned Miss Golf four times and signed with Florida State last week. She would be a 2013 graduate, but has enough credits to enroll in FSU after Christmas break.

And it's hard to top current Elizabethtown senior Lexy Hazle:
- GIRLS SOCCER: Freshman starter on state tournament soccer team, led team to program's first No. 1 ranking as a junior, led team to program's first final four appearance as a senior. Was a finalist for Miss Soccer and played in All-State Game.

- GIRLS TENNIS: Advanced to second day of state twice. Earned a coveted seed TWICE with two different partners. Seeded in doubles as an eighth-grader and freshman.

- GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY: Region runner-up and finished 14th in 2-A State meet as a sophomore in 2010 ... as a fifth grader in 2005, she was the youngest top-100 finisher in the 2-A State meet.

- GIRLS TRACK: As a junior, ran anchor of gold-medal winning 3,200 relay in 2-A state meet. She was the region 2-A champion in the 800 run.

So Total State Appearances for Hazle:
- 2 (Cross Country)
- 2 (Soccer)
- 3 (Tennis)
- 2 (Track)
- 9 (TOTAL)

She still has track to go this spring, but may play tennis as well.