Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tax question
^ who was President April 22, 2009?
nky Wrote:^ who was President April 22, 2009?
No lag time?
TheRealVille Wrote:No lag time?

I agree, april 22nd 2009 had little to do with Obama.

October 12th 2012, and the worsening economic conditions... has everything to do with him.
I think the 47% refers to those who doesnt work.....

I have my job. Had it for years. Im LEGALLY filing my tax returns and doing it in a way where i get a good chunk back. It's not my fault other people dont know how...
vector Wrote:obama's fault ?

not necessarily.. it just happened to come after he took office.. mostly it was the price dropped on coal..

or well, not just dropped but fell through the bottom
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
ronald reagan Wrote:I agree, april 22nd 2009 had little to do with Obama.

October 12th 2012, and the worsening economic conditions... has everything to do with him.

and once again I'm without a job..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
ronald reagan Wrote:I agree, april 22nd 2009 had little to do with Obama.

you actually think it is worse today ?
On April 22, 2009, even Republicans expected that the economy would recover strongly. By October 12, 2012, even most Democrats knew in their hearts that was never going to happen under Obama's tax, spend, and regulate policies. Yes, things are worse today than they were in April 2009. Fewer people are working and fewer are hopeful of finding jobs.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:On April 22, 2009, even Republicans expected that the economy would recover strongly. By October 12, 2012, even most Democrats knew in their hearts that was never going to happen under Obama's tax, spend, and regulate policies. Yes, things are worse today than they were in April 2009. Fewer people are working and fewer are hopeful of finding jobs.

So much so in fact, April of 2009, the average American couldn't have imagined his country on the verge of collapse, manuvering within mere inches of something called the fiscal cliff. The fact is though, only the sublimely and willfully clueless, don't see this very reality approaching in very clear and concise terms, in January 2013.

The fact is that by April of 2009, the president had already taken a very important first step in his plan to neutralize the opposition (republicans) by buying votes on an unprecedented scale. The ARRA, (this adminstration's stimulus) had already been signed into law as of Feb. 17th, 2009. The labor unions in Detroit were about to be 'saved' by the new president, who was disposed to pass out the cash like there was no tomorrow. The biggest vote buying scheme in history, and it came straight out of the federal government. If we reelect this community organizer of mysterious origins to another term, for this country, there may not actually be a tomorrow. Harry Reid has shut down this country's legislative branch of government, sitting on every piece of legislation coming up from the House in an all out effort to get Obama reelected. From the day they lost their super majority Reid has tabled or otherwise killed all the legislative efforts of the congress. In lieu of the proper actions of government we have, as a nation, been 'ruled' by over 900 executive orders. And as a suitable smoke screen to hide their true intentions, have labled the republicans as obstructionists and the party of no.

This election will come down to whether the dems have succeeded in their attempt to buy enough votes to carry them for this election. I believe our continued existence as a free and prosperous people rides in the balance. Those who live for today versus those who live for tomorrow. Taditional America against the "fundamentally transformed America" God help us to do what's right in the voting booth!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vector Wrote:you actually think it is worse today ?

The debt is some 6,000,000,000,000 higher today. Gas prices are over 210% what they were then. More people are signing up for disability than finding a job. Consumer confidence is low. More people enter the job market than find jobs. Healthcare costs continue to skyrocket. Education costs are on the rise. GDP growth is stalling. Income is down $4000+ since he took office. Embassies are burning from Libya to the Chinese border, an ambassador dead, and alqaeda flags flew above OUR embassy. Afghanistan is worse today, (about 3 times as many troops have been killed in the last 4 years, than 8 years under bush). 23,000,000 are looking for full time work. The U-6 statistic from the BLS shows 14.5% unemployment -- this is the real rate. Inflation is outpacing growth (a technical recession once again). Less people work today than when Obama took office. Jobs that ARE being created are lower paying than before, or part-time (as we saw last month). Job growth continues to slow. Tax after tax is being levied upon the middleclass via Obamacare. Businesses are being swamped with new regulations. Social Security and Medicare are nearing insolvency. 47 million are on foodstamps, a 50% increase since Obama took office. 15% are living in poverty. Inflation that we've never seen before lies around the corner due to billions of new dollars being printed everyday by the Feds.

I really don't know what else can be said about the shape we're in today.... If you're not convinced by now, nothing ever will. Its sad to see the nation in the shape its in, and still have people like yourself think things are going in the right direction... sentencing 23 million americans to longer searches for respectable work, and the borrowing of trillions of dollars from hostile and enemy nations. If thats what a recovery looks like to you, by all means, vote for Obama. I would assume that a vote for Romney might mean you'll lose your foodstamps, obamaphone, and healthcare. A job is the best social program known to exist. Obama isn't providing any.
TRT, the fiscal cliff you speak of will be devasting. We're approaching it rapidly and Obama refuses to negotiate. He's holding the military hostage, and playing class warfare. He will allow both devastaing cuts to the military that keeps up free, and massive tax hikes on the lower and middle class.... if he can't 'win'. I wish we allowed recall elections for the president. If obama is in office on january 21st, and continues to support economic ruin.... He'd be out of office on Jan 22nd.
If the voters reelect Kardshian they will get what they deserve. The problem is those who deserve better will also suffer. I am concerned about that group. As for those who vote for Kardashian, hopefully they will get what they deserve. "Urinate" on them.
ronald reagan Wrote:TRT, the fiscal cliff you speak of will be devasting. We're approaching it rapidly and Obama refuses to negotiate. He's holding the military hostage, and playing class warfare. He will allow both devastaing cuts to the military that keeps up free, and massive tax hikes on the lower and middle class.... if he can't 'win'. I wish we allowed recall elections for the president. If obama is in office on january 21st, and continues to support economic ruin.... He'd be out of office on Jan 22nd.

In your previous post you spoke of inflation like we've never seen before. I can speak to that issue from first hand experience. A number that goes hand in hand with inflation is interest rates. In March of 1980, the US inflation rate was 14.76%. Folks at that time, right here in Kentucky, who were living from pay check to pay check were losing their homes left and right. One reason was the variable interest rate they had bought their homes under. Folks watched in horror as their house payment, which may have been $350.00 dollars a month, rose steadily over the Carter years to somewhere around $600.00 dollars a month. Everything rose of course, natural gas, electricity rates, gasoline, groceries. The point is, as you mentioned, the inflation we face will be like nothing anyone presently alive has seen before. The dark economic days of the late 70's were scary to say the least. And believe me, if Ronald Reagan had not been elected, I would have been one of those that lost his home. Thankfully, Reagan reversed the trend and we enjoyed the economic boon of the last 3 decades. BTW, ask any democrat and you will find that it was Clinton that righted our economic ship of state, LOL. However, what is coming will make that time of economic depression which predated the Reagan Era, seem like the 'good old days'.

Add the nightmarish one-two punch of ObamaCare and over 16 trillion dollars of crushing national debt, to runaway inflation and you have true devastation. In that scenario, the going notion of folks expecting government to ride in on a white horse and save us will be laughable. There will be mass reposessions of things like vehicles, boats and rv's, and many will lose their homes. We will suddenly find ourselves destitute and vunerable to every kind of attack from cyber to civil. We will be nearly defenseless against what ever comes our way. And the thing that is unfathomable, is that accordng to polls this presidential race is a toss up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vector Wrote:you actually think it is worse today ?

they don't understand vector, you're wasting your time trying to communicate to them.
WideMiddle03 Wrote:they don't understand vector, you're wasting your time trying to communicate to them.

I don't know 03. Communicate seems like such a sophisticated word for what you guys do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WideMiddle03 Wrote:they don't understand vector, you're wasting your time trying to communicate to them.

You and vector know better than to even attempt to make your case for Obama. Above you are the reasons why Obama is a failure, we're in a recession, its getting worse. If you're life has 'improved'... I'd like to know how, and what policies of Obama's adminstration have made that possible.

Obama deserves a trial. Not reelection. :Shaking:
ronald reagan Wrote:You and vector know better than to even attempt to make your case for Obama. Above you are the reasons why Obama is a failure, we're in a recession, its getting worse. If you're life has 'improved'... I'd like to know how, and what policies of Obama's adminstration have made that possible.

Obama deserves a trial. Not reelection. :Shaking:

why is going back to bush's 2 and reagan's trickle down policy is going to work
it didn't work then we have have tryed them since 1980 they don't work
vector Wrote:why is going back to bush's 2 and reagan's trickle down policy is going to work

It didn't work under Reagan?...Really? ............lol
Bob Seger Wrote:It didn't work under Reagan?...Really? ............lol

no it didn't
vector Wrote:no it didn't

Better check again Heckle.
Bob Seger Wrote:Better check again Heckle.

it didn't work there beautiful LOSER
vector Wrote:why is going back to bush's 2 and reagan's trickle down policy is going to work

Reagan's presidency oversaw the most jobs created as compared to population of any president in modern era. Numbers vary in the official tally from about 18 million to 24.8 million. Yes, thats more than Billy Boy created when you take population into consideration. By cutting taxes as Reagan did (remember Democrats WROTE that bill), government revenue effectively doubled during his 8 years. GDP growth averaged 2.77% even AFTER you factor in the double dip recession, 21% interest rate and double digit inflation. Including years of the highest growth this side of WW2. Interest rates were down to 10% by the time he left office, inflation was a non factor, and 20 million people found jobs.

Under Bush, it wasn't really that big of a trickle down plan. Reagan absolutely slashed rates from I believe 70% (yes you read that right), down to 28% by the time he left office. Bush on the other hand cut rates from 39% to 35% haha. Not that big when you think about it that way.

Under the Obama plan, if the republicans refuse to raise taxes on the wealthy, he will allow massive tax increases on everyone else. Thats you included. And when you question 'going back to Bush's" plan.... ask Obama that question. He has followed the Bush plan for 4 years now, and went further into Social Security with a massive tax cut there on top of keeping the old plan. Your boy must believe in it. Or else he would have never said, "we should not raise taxes on anyone..."

You have no grasp or understanding of economics. They must not teach it in high school these days. And you certainly weren't around in the 80's to see the massive expansion of the economy.
I guess the 20 million jobs, increase in income, expansion of economy, drop in inflation, drop in interest, drop in jobless %, doubling of revenue..... was luck. hahahah
ronald reagan Wrote:Reagan's presidency oversaw the most jobs created as compared to population of any president in modern era. Numbers vary in the official tally from about 18 million to 24.8 million. Yes, thats more than Billy Boy created when you take population into consideration. By cutting taxes as Reagan did (remember Democrats WROTE that bill), government revenue effectively doubled during his 8 years. GDP growth averaged 2.77% even AFTER you factor in the double dip recession, 21% interest rate and double digit inflation. Including years of the highest growth this side of WW2. Interest rates were down to 10% by the time he left office, inflation was a non factor, and 20 million people found jobs.

Under Bush, it wasn't really that big of a trickle down plan. Reagan absolutely slashed rates from I believe 70% (yes you read that right), down to 28% by the time he left office. Bush on the other hand cut rates from 39% to 35% haha. Not that big when you think about it that way.

Under the Obama plan, if the republicans refuse to raise taxes on the wealthy, he will allow massive tax increases on everyone else. Thats you included. And when you question 'going back to Bush's" plan.... ask Obama that question. He has followed the Bush plan for 4 years now, and went further into Social Security with a massive tax cut there on top of keeping the old plan. Your boy must believe in it. Or else he would have never said, "we should not raise taxes on anyone..."

You have no grasp or understanding of economics. They must not teach it in high school these days. And you certainly weren't around in the 80's to see the massive expansion of the economy.

increase the military budget 43% that will create alot of gov jobs deregulate the banks increase the defict almost 300% sounds like he done a great job
Comparing Kardashian with "The Gipper" is like comparing decayed bull excrement with solid gold.
vector Wrote:increase the military budget 43% that will create alot of gov jobs deregulate the banks increase the defict almost 300% sounds like he done a great job

When Reagan took office tens of thousands of soldiers were on foodstamps. Equipment was WW2 and Vietnam era. Yes, the budget increased. But you're wrong on government employment. The numbers speak for themselves.

1980 4,965 in thousands.
1981 4,982
1982 4,972
1983 5,039
1984 5,088
1985 5,256
1986 5,228
1987 5,301
1988 5,289
1989 5,292

http://www.opm.gov/feddata/historicaltab...ce1962.asp

Thats a 300,000 increase. Now, explain the other 20+ million jobs. hahahaha

And your right, the deficit was out of control. I've spoken in digust of that myself. But you refuse to acknowledge the extreme growth of our economy, unprecidented job growth in both numbers and % of population. Drastic drops in interest, inflation, jobless rate....

Its undeniable. As is the fact that you are young and inexperienced in the world.
ronald reagan Wrote:When Reagan took office tens of thousands of soldiers were on foodstamps. Equipment was WW2 and Vietnam era. Yes, the budget increased. But you're wrong on government employment. The numbers speak for themselves.

1980 4,965 in thousands.
1981 4,982
1982 4,972
1983 5,039
1984 5,088
1985 5,256
1986 5,228
1987 5,301
1988 5,289
1989 5,292

http://www.opm.gov/feddata/historicaltab...ce1962.asp

Thats a 300,000 increase. Now, explain the other 20+ million jobs. hahahaha

And your right, the deficit was out of control. I've spoken in digust of that myself. But you refuse to acknowledge the extreme growth of our economy, unprecidented job growth in both numbers and % of population. Drastic drops in interest, inflation, jobless rate....

Its undeniable. As is the fact that you are young and inexperienced in the world.

People like vector aren't interested in knowing the truth. Literally the DNC or some other democratic talking point delivery source gives him his opinion. Imagine someone so divorced from reality they would actually come on here and say that Reagan's fiscal policies didn't work. I mean, he got the time frame right, 1980, but everything else he believes is liberal spin. The democrats know they can count on the vectors of this land's vote no matter how damning the revelations of their failures.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:People like vector aren't interested in knowing the truth. Literally the DNC or some other democratic talking point delivery source gives him his opinion. Imagine someone so divorced from reality they would actually come on here and say that Reagan's fiscal policies didn't work. I mean, he got the time frame right, 1980, but everything else he believes is liberal spin. The democrats know they can count on the vectors of this land's vote no matter how damning the revelations of their failures.

And the most ironic spin of all, is Obama's obsession with likening himself to Reagan. (that is of course, when he is not comparing himself to God)Confusednicker:

What say you now Heckle?
When Romney gives specifics on his tax plan, and it doesn't cost the middle, I might just vote for him. But, I'm not holding my breath. Someone that packs a dinner bucket, voting for Romney, is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders. Believe it or not, I am sway able. When Romney shows that he won't raise taxes on the middle, I could be swayed. I have only voted for one democrat since I started voting in 1983.
TheRealVille Wrote:When Romney gives specifics on his tax plan, and it doesn't cost the middle, I might just vote for him. But, I'm not holding my breath. Someone that packs a dinner bucket, voting for Romney, is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders. Believe it or not, I am sway able. When Romney shows that he won't raise taxes on the middle, I could be swayed. I have only voted for one democrat since I started voting in 1983.

You're unbelievable. After watching the shamless snow job foisted upon the people of this land during the last 4 years under this dictatorship and you need more convincing? How many years need to click by without congressional participation before you would start to get a little worried? In lieu of the benefit of a functioning congress we get what? over 900 executive orders. That sounds more like how a dictator would operate to me. Without getting into all of it, you know it's the Obama camp that does all the lying. Romney already proved he can do what he says in Mass. He wiped out a 3 billion dollar deficit, left over 720 million in the general fund, 2 billion in the 'rainy day' fund, did not raise taxes, nobody suffered any kind of loss whatever, put a functioning health care system in service, and didn't accept a pay check. What else do you need?

On the other hand, Obama has not delivered on a single thing he promised except ObamaCare, and that one is going to put us into fiscal ruin. You think all the reports of factories and other businesses shutting their doors if Obama gets reelected is a sham? I notice you haven't bothered to take up the defense of the president with regard to the Lybia massacre. BTW, I predicted Hillary would escape without a political scratch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]