Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 27 Morgan County 12
Final
Congrats Bobcats.
Solid win BC.
Breathitt is awesome.
Congrats Bobcats.
This was the worst officiated game I have ever seen!! I think Morgan had three flags throwed on them all night to Breathitt's fifty!!! The head ref was even arguing with a couple of our fans cursing at them and trying to start a fight with them so we had to beat 16 players instead of 11 on the field but hey we're used to that! This game would've even been close without the help of the refs so great job Bobcats!!!!! Way to hang tough and play through the bad calls and still pull out the win you definitely earned it!!!!! We love you guys!!!:worthy:
Fifty penalties?
Not 50 really but it seemed like it.Breathitt played their worst game of the season.
Morgan has NOTHING to hang their heads about. It was a 7-6 game at halftime. Richard Trent is the real deal! He made some big plays in the 3rd and 4th quarter to extend Breathitt's lead. Morgan played their guts out but Trent made some big second half plays.
Listened to the first half on the radio. What was the controversy near the end of the half? Breathitt hit a long pass down to the Morgan 4yd. line. Two flags were thrown, then one on Holcomb. Instead of being first and goal they were back on the 33 yd line. The radio crew never did explain what happened.
Factsonly Wrote:This was the worst officiated game I have ever seen!! I think Morgan had three flags throwed on them all night to Breathitt's fifty!!! The head ref was even arguing with a couple of our fans cursing at them and trying to start a fight with them so we had to beat 16 players instead of 11 on the field but hey we're used to that! This game would've even been close without the help of the refs so great job Bobcats!!!!! Way to hang tough and play through the bad calls and still pull out the win you definitely earned it!!!!! We love you guys!!!:worthy:

typical naive fan
Congrats Breathitt, always a winner. Go strong moving forward.
mandan Wrote:Listened to the first half on the radio. What was the controversy near the end of the half? Breathitt hit a long pass down to the Morgan 4yd. line. Two flags were thrown, then one on Holcomb. Instead of being first and goal they were back on the 33 yd line. The radio crew never did explain what happened.
Morgan played Breathitt tough, it was a 7-6 game at halftime. Morgan had a flat 3rd quarter which was the difference. Breathitt's coach got a flag for being out on the field yelling at a ref, the penalty was from the spot of the personal foul. When you look at 3A in Eastern Kentucky, Bell, Breathitt, Belfry, Morgan is in the top 5 in this end of the state.
F.N.L. Wrote:Morgan played Breathitt tough, it was a 7-6 game at halftime. Morgan had a flat 3rd quarter which was the difference. Breathitt's coach got a flag for being out on the field yelling at a ref, the penalty was from the spot of the personal foul. When you look at 3A in Eastern Kentucky, Bell, Breathitt, Belfry, Morgan is in the top 5 in this end of the state.

If any team was flat it was Breathitt in the first half. Breathitt showed up the second half and put the game out of reach. Breathitt better start playing four quarters because if not they could be exiting the playoffs again in the regional championship. Morgan is better than I thought and their style of play could present problems for teams in the playoffs. Morgan played hard and with a lot of emotion in the first half but Breathitt's talent level proved to be too much in the second half. Give credit to Morgan for their play in the first half but to me Breathitt totally dominated the cougars in the third quarter and put the game out of reach. Morgan scored a meaningless touchdown toward the end of the game to make the score look more respectable. With that being said good luck to both teams in the playoffs and hopefully we will meet again for the regional championship.
Cat Daddy Wrote:If any team was flat it was Breathitt in the first half. Breathitt showed up the second half and put the game out of reach. Breathitt better start playing four quarters because if not they could be exiting the playoffs again in the regional championship. Morgan is better than I thought and their style of play could present problems for teams in the playoffs. Morgan played hard and with a lot of emotion in the first half but Breathitt's talent level proved to be too much in the second half. Give credit to Morgan for their play in the first half but to me Breathitt totally dominated the cougars in the third quarter and put the game out of reach. Morgan scored a meaningless touchdown toward the end of the game to make the score look more respectable. With that being said good luck to both teams in the playoffs and hopefully we will meet again for the regional championship.

I understand when you say meaningless because it was not a game winner, but you say "to make the score look more respectable". What in the world is wrong with that? And if it makes the score more respectable, is it meaningless? Some of you fellas think that the opposition should just forfeit so that your favorite team can get a shutout or a more respectable score for yourselves. Hats off to the players who don't quit even when it appears to be impossible to win. They deserve respect. And they will be the ones who succeed in life.
Good to see Morgan County putting together a nice season. Breathitt is just their normal excellent self. Keep up the good work Morgan County.
A battle between two undefeated teams from the 7th District saw the visiting Bobcats (8-0) come out on top behind the legs of senior Richard Trent, who rushed for four TDs, including a 44-yard run in a third quarter that started a 20-0 run against the Cougars (7-1). Junior wide receiver Kody Thornsberry figured in both Morgan Co. TDs, running for one in the first quarter and bookending the game with a 40-yard TD reception from Larrin Collins in the fourth.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/10/12/23702...rylink=cpy
Breathitt has it all. Trent is as good as they come. Breathitt's o-line is very good. Fugate is a solid running back. Noble, Cox, Blomberg, Shouse can all catch the football. Fugate and Shouse are very good linebackers. I see alot of negative coments as to why Morgan was in the game. Morgan played their hearts out, they left it all on the field. 7-6 game at halftime was no fluke. Plus Breathitt held Morgan once from the 4 yardline going in( 4th and goal). Another time Morgan was 6 inches short on a first down the 9 yardline going in.
I'm not taking anything away from Breathitt, they are a great football team. They have ALL THE PIECES it takes at every position. Morgan had a flat 3rd quarter and Trent elevated his game just like he has done all year in tough games.( Somerset, Hazard) When you have a Richard Trent, a player who will "put it on his back", you are never out of a game. Breathitt won the game but Morgan's team was very upset losing. They DID NOT accept the fact, they played Breathitt tough so we will be satisfied losing 27-12. Morgan's football team believes, this team will not back down, the players have been through too much. Breathitt is the #2 ranked football team in class 3A and rightfully so.
Morgan played their guts out and didn't back down or go quietly into the night. Kody Thornsberry played his heart out for Morgan. Breathitt is as good and well coached as anybody in 3A, but Morgan county fought their guts out in this game and they proved they deserve to be thrown in the mix of the top 3A teams in Eastern kentucky.
SlantStrong Wrote:Breathitt has it all. Trent is as good as they come. Breathitt's o-line is very good. Fugate is a solid running back. Noble, Cox, Blomberg, Shouse can all catch the football. Fugate and Shouse are very good linebackers. I see alot of negative coments as to why Morgan was in the game. Morgan played their hearts out, they left it all on the field. 7-6 game at halftime was no fluke. Plus Breathitt held Morgan once from the 4 yardline going in( 4th and goal). Another time Morgan was 6 inches short on a first down the 9 yardline going in.
I'm not taking anything away from Breathitt, they are a great football team. They have ALL THE PIECES it takes at every position. Morgan had a flat 3rd quarter and Trent elevated his game just like he has done all year in tough games.( Somerset, Hazard) When you have a Richard Trent, a player who will "put it on his back", you are never out of a game. Breathitt won the game but Morgan's team was very upset losing. They DID NOT accept the fact, they played Breathitt tough so we will be satisfied losing 27-12. Morgan's football team believes, this team will not back down, the players have been through too much. Breathitt is the #2 ranked football team in class 3A and rightfully so.
Morgan played their guts out and didn't back down or go quietly into the night. Kody Thornsberry played his heart out for Morgan. Breathitt is as good and well coached as anybody in 3A, but Morgan county fought their guts out in this game and they proved they deserve to be thrown in the mix of the top 3A teams in Eastern kentucky.

Morgan County, you have earned my RESPECT. Congratulations on the great season so far. Keep it up, it's very exciting to hear of your desire, your heart and your successes for true high school football fans even if we're not from Morgan County. You have earned everything you've gotten and you're doing very well.

Breathitt County, what can I say except you're playing the same way you have for years. You are always a formidable opponent. Congratulations on the win and a great year so far.
Good game Morgan County. Wished you'd beat Breathitt. Dont worry though, my boys from Belfry will take them out soon enough.
The final touchdown Morgan had was a fluke with 5-6 2nd string players in the game including the safety and corner that was burnt with 20 secs left. Breathitt over looked Morgan and came out to play 2nd half. After that this game was all over
Im so glad that the people who said we (Morgan) would lose by 50 coming back onto this thread of the final score to say that this Cougar team has earned their respect. It wasn't the outcome the Cougar faithful had hoped for but for a moral victory (if there is such a thing) the first half and 4th quarter should show that this team isn't one to take lightly. Sadly when Morgan came out flat at the start of the 3rd, Richard Trent put his team on his back and ultimately propelled his team to victory. Congrats to Breathitt on the win but with the heads that got turned from this game, Morgan gained plenty of respect, not only by the final score, but by forcing the Bobcats to play 4 quarters (a feat most deemed done by the start of the 2nd quarter)! I AM SO PROUD of this Cougar team!!
Morgan County is not on a collision course to play Belfry. I will say 54 to 6, Pirates on top.
theCalipariEra Wrote:The final touchdown Morgan had was a fluke with 5-6 2nd string players in the game including the safety and corner that was burnt with 20 secs left. Breathitt over looked Morgan and came out to play 2nd half. After that this game was all over

No sir, that's a flat out lie there. #10, #8, #9 was all in for Breathitt the whole game. Breathitt had to play their starters for 4 whole quarters. Breathitt knew if they subbed down at all Morgan would have scored. no need to lie and make it what it wasn't.
I know that Trent is a very good player, but if BC does not get some other people involved and limit the hits he takes, they will not make it to WKU IMO. How many rushing attempts did the RB's have last night for BC? I heard it was very little and that Trent did most of the running.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

F.N.L. Wrote:No sir, that's a flat out lie there. #10, #8, #9 was all in for Breathitt the whole game. Breathitt had to play their starters for 4 whole quarters. Breathitt knew if they subbed down at all Morgan would have scored. no need to lie and make it what it wasn't.

If you honestly don't believe me go take a look at the film. The last min Trent the starting safety got sub'd out so did 3 or 4 other players. They scored on the subs for Trent and the corner on his side. Please don't call me a liar when I know what I'm talking about. You think Morgan's player would have completed that pass if Trent was still in the game playing safety. I don't think so. But the statement that 10 and 8 was still in the game is very accurate but that's not who I was talking about. Breathitt has subbed down all season with a min or two to go if the victory was imminent. Get your stuff straight before you call someone a liar
Congrats Breathitt
If you want to talk about bad plays, what about that Morgan player that kicked at one of Breathitt player in the first quarther. He should haved thorwn out of the game, but was not So late in the game this player kicked at Breathitt players 2 or 3 times again right in frout of the ref. So that tells me Morgan had the ref in there back pocket.. On the two flags for personal fouls after the ball is blowen dead should have been off set ,but the where not. They took the ball from the 4 yard line to the 2 yard line on Morgan flag. Then took it back to the 17 yard line on Breathitt flag. That what got coach Halcomb his flag then they moved the ball to the 32 yard line. And when the ref thorws a flag before the game started that let Breathitt fan know that it was going to be a long game.
You Breahitt county fans flat out kill me, there was a flag to begin the game because you had about 7 fans on the field last time I checked you cant do that. In all reality there should have been more penalities but the refs in this district and region are scared to death of the all mighty Mike Holcomb. The only difference in these teams was Richard Trent he carried his team the whole night he's a great player. We came out flat in the third quarter and Trent took advantage. We fought hard and put up a hell of a fight while majority never gave us a shot in the dark. Im very proud of our football team they represented us well. Congrats to both teams hope we meet again come playoff time.
Well if that is true about yhe fans on the field. Get more and better seats for the visitation teams fans. But the field has not changed since the 80,excepted the grass. Also Breathitt d turn up the heat in the secound half,that why Morgan look like the were dead heads ha! ha!
BIGBLUE22 Wrote:You Breahitt county fans flat out kill me, there was a flag to begin the game because you had about 7 fans on the field last time I checked you cant do that. In all reality there should have been more penalities but the refs in this district and region are scared to death of the all mighty Mike Holcomb. The only difference in these teams was Richard Trent he carried his team the whole night he's a great player. We came out flat in the third quarter and Trent took advantage. We fought hard and put up a hell of a fight while majority never gave us a shot in the dark. Im very proud of our football team they represented us well. Congrats to both teams hope we meet again come playoff time.
Three of your coaches are Breathitt County boys. 2 of them played for Holcomb. There were kids at the other end of the field under the fieldgoal playing football. Kids will be kids but the ball went out on the field and one of them had to go get it several times and there wasn't a flag called on Morgan County. The announcer had to come over the intercom and tell them if they weren't players to leave the field. Those kids could have got hurt. Thank God they didn't. Was that fair that there was not a flag thrown since you say Breathitt County fans kill you? Remember, you said you can't have fans on the field the last time you checked!! Fans on the field or kids playing, it doesn't matter. It is still dangerous. You're right, noone should be on the field. All I'm saying is that wasn't fair either. As the old saying goes, "What's fair for the goose is fair for the gander!" Great game Bobcats! Way to hang tough and pull out the W!!