Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Jv Team in 15th?
Who is the best Jv team in the 15th? I know that Allen Central Jv is 7-0 who are some more good teams.
Allen Central's JV team is good. I don't think they've played the JV teams of "contenders" though. They have a corps of 8th graders that will be very good once they get some experience under their belt. Logan and Hunter Crowder are good defensivly at 1st and 3rd respectively, and their offense is good as well. Chad Nelson is a solid shortstop, and Chris Stumbo provides them with a good glove in the outfield and a productive bat.
Shelby Valley's JV team is good, I think they have only lost once.
East Ridge best Pikevilles JV last night 15-14 in 6 innings, and Belfry beat them by 1.
They are really holding the name down for ER, and will be good in the future
Magoffin county has a good JV team. They already beat Johnson central twice
Paintsville's JV team is alright. They're all 8th graders and freshman except for 1 player. Right now I think they're 3-2.
Twice...but there are only 3 freshman and the rest 8th graders

NYY10 Wrote:Shelby Valley's JV team is good, I think they have only lost once.
baseballfan Wrote:Magoffin county has a good JV team. They already beat Johnson central twice
I'm not going to say anything bad about MC but this is the craziest thing I have ever heard your jv team beat our middle school team plus one freshman. There was a seventh grader who started for JC in the first game who struck out 13 in five innings. JC was beat by unearned runs.
JC has got a pretty good JV team too. As well as MS.
Pupaw Wrote:JC has got a pretty good JV team too. As well as MS.
Like I said I have nothing bad to say about MC but they have not seen JC's jv team.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Allen Central's JV team is good. I don't think they've played the JV teams of "contenders" though. They have a corps of 8th graders that will be very good once they get some experience under their belt. Logan and Hunter Crowder are good defensivly at 1st and 3rd respectively, and their offense is good as well. Chad Nelson is a solid shortstop, and Chris Stumbo provides them with a good glove in the outfield and a productive bat.
Who has AC played this year in JV?
Pupaw Wrote:Who has AC played this year in JV?

Im not positive on this...but i think they have played South Floyd, Betsy Layne, and Prestonsburg two times a piece...then played Leslie County saturday.
Mr.Baseball2 Wrote:Twice...but there are only 3 freshman and the rest 8th graders

My bad..so what is there record
baseballfan Wrote:Magoffin county has a good JV team. They already beat Johnson central twice
They beat the Johnson County middle school team twice not the JV from Johnson Central. The first game they won in there last at bat and the second one was called do to rain with Magoffin leading by five or six runs.
Ac is still going on and winning jv games they are now 9-0 they shutout Shelby Valley in a 6-0 game.
Magoffin County JV team is made up of 5 six graders 2 7th graders and 2 8th graders and the rest 9th graders. so our team is mostly a middle school team.
I'd just like to see Paintsville's JV play some more games. The Freshmen are caught between a rock and a hard place.( there's actually more than 3 freshmen..... I can think of 5 right off the top of my head). I can only think of 3 8th graders.
Actually the darned thing messed me up... I can think of 6 freshmen players who do a very nice job. Pat Butcher, Jake Cyrus, Tyler LeMaster, Mark Minix, Shawn Selvage, and Zach Vialpando. Our freshman catcher is playing for the varsity team. Check that, I can think of 4, 8th graders. None of these guys are slouches... but if they could play a consistant schedule, the improvement would be considerable. I do, however appreciate the minutes many of them get in Varsity games.
SC hasen't been beat
baseballfan Wrote:Magoffin County JV team is made up of 5 six graders 2 7th graders and 2 8th graders and the rest 9th graders. so our team is mostly a middle school team.
If this true that means 5 sixth graders who will lose a year of elgibility. You are not allowed to play Jv ball as a sixth grader.
the stud Wrote:If this true that means 5 sixth graders who will lose a year of elgibility. You are not allowed to play Jv ball as a sixth grader.

Oops!!
haha lol
Yes You Are I did it when i was in the 6th grade but we made sure it wouldnt knock a year of eligibility with the KHSAA.
NationalFan Wrote:Yes You Are I did it when i was in the 6th grade but we made sure it wouldnt knock a year of eligibility with the KHSAA.
I promise you, you are not allowed. you have six years if elgibility.
Mr.Baseball2 Wrote:Twice...but there are only 3 freshman and the rest 8th graders

I think there may have been 1 or 2 soph's and junior's on valley's jv this year...if I'm not mistaken
It would be Prestonsburg if most of there JV players couldnt play simply because there on the Varsity and that includes Josh Roldbaugh and Alan Craynon, Bobby Hughes, Nathaniel Stephens and I'm sure that I havnt named all of them !
last yr jc team only lose a couple games and they were startin 3 7th graders and 2 8th graders the 3 7th graders were dj ousley (catcher) cody parker (pitcher/left field) and zak salyers (right field) the 8th graders were taylor smith and jearmy stacy both pitchers and outfield
Paintsville's JV should be pretty good again this year.
eaglepride Wrote:last yr jc team only lose a couple games and they were startin 3 7th graders and 2 8th graders the 3 7th graders were dj ousley (catcher) cody parker (pitcher/left field) and zak salyers (right field) the 8th graders were taylor smith and jearmy stacy both pitchers and outfield
But why did they play so many that were varsity starters?
When they played Paintsville, Soph JK Ratliff pitched(Played and started a lot varsity) Taylor Smith caught(Started most varsity as DH) Jeremy Stacy (started all year and was one of their best on varsity) Where there others? Paintsville could have played JD Vanhoose, Shane Grimm, Corey Adams butake a chance on getting a varsity player hurt? Not saying that JCHS is the only team that does this when they play Paintsville as I remember Sheldon Clark 2 years ago brought 3 varsity starters one of which had started for 2 years and there varsity head coach just so they could beat Paintsville in a JV game.Smile
The Guru Wrote:But why did they play so many that were varsity starters?
When they played Paintsville, Soph JK Ratliff pitched(Played and started a lot varsity) Taylor Smith caught(Started most varsity as DH) Jeremy Stacy (started all year and was one of their best on varsity) Where there others? Paintsville could have played JD Vanhoose, Shane Grimm, Corey Adams butake a chance on getting a varsity player hurt? Not saying that JCHS is the only team that does this when they play Paintsville as I remember Sheldon Clark 2 years ago brought 3 varsity starters one of which had started for 2 years and there varsity head coach just so they could beat Paintsville in a JV game.Smile

I believe if you follow the JC program that JK did not PITCH any varsity action all year. He also PITCHED JV against other opponents such as Belfry and Sheldon Clark. Taylor only started a few games at DH which is not catcher in varsity action. Jeremy started in the outfield and played SS and PITCHED in JV and MIDDLE SCHOOL. I believe if I am not mistaken these kids future is not in the outfield and not at DH! JK played almost every JV game and Taylor and Jeremy played almost every JV and MIDDLE school game. So get your facts straight before you start something you know nothing about!!:thumpsup: