Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official *Rumor Mill* thread for UK's new coach
Take a chance on somebody and spends the bucks, even if their rep is shady. (It worked for the basketball team)
Hire anyone who might be able to make a real team and recruit some home grown players who do not go elsewhere.
honestjchsfan Wrote:Lets hope that the UK A.D now understands the type of coach that the UK football program must have. #1 The head football coach at UK must be a top notch X & O coach who understands situational football. A coach that knows when to gamble and when to play things close to the vest. How many bad play calls have when seen Joker make? #2 To Be a successful Coach at UK a Coach must run a system that will work in the SEC. The triple option is out and 3 yards and a cloud of dust is too. #3 A successful Football Coach at UK must be a great teacher and develope players. Short of Jimmy Johnson or a famous coach like him, no coach at UK is going to be able to land 4 and 5 star players left and right like a Bama does. IMO for UK to be a solid SEC program they must build Offensive Lines that are at the Top of the SEC and this takes a coach that can spot the body types that can add muscle and weight, plus the right mental make-up. #4 To win in the SEC it takes a great recruiter! It starts with the in-state talent. Keeping the top in-state players is a good place to start. If a coachs recruits and signs only SEC leftovers then he should expect to be a SEC left over. I think the #2 recrutiing state must be OHIO.
One of the best post I've read.
insideinfo Wrote:One of the best post I've read.

We saw what not to do again today from Joker. Kicking the on-side when he did tonite is a perfect example of a coach that has no feel for what he is doing. UK's defense was actually playing pretty good football, it was not like UGA was not looking for a on-side kick so the elment of surprise was lost. What resulted was just another "Give-up" play call from a coach that knows not what he is doing! A smart X & 0 coach kicks it deep and plays defense.
The ofensive cordinator from Florida would be maybe someone who could work out, Joker is e retard.