Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ballard girls' soccer coach died in car accident
sad news

http://www.usatodayhss.com/louisville/ar...2310150056

Brian Walters, the girls' soccer coach at Ballard High School, was killed Monday morning in a car wreck in northern Spencer County.

Walters was in his second season as the girls' soccer coach, Ballard athletic director Chris Kinney said. Walters also taught English at Bullitt East High School.

"He loved soccer, that's for sure," Kinney said. "And he cared about each and every one of these players we have here. ... It's very, very sad and very, very tragic."

Ballard was scheduled to play Sacred Heart on Monday in the quarterfinals of the Seventh Region Tournament, but the game has been postponed.

According to Kentucky State Police Trooper Ronald Turley, the accident happened at about 6:44 a.m. on Dale Lane (State Highway 1319). Walters, from Fisherville, Ky., was driving a black Honda and dropped off the right shoulder of the road.

Turley said Walters overcorrected, crossed back over the highway and was hit on the side by a Ford F-150 driven by David Gregory of Taylorsville, Ky.

Walters was pronounced dead at the scene. Gregory was injured and was taken to University Hospital, where he was listed in stable condition.

The accident is under investigation by a KSP accident reconstruction team. At this time, Turley said there is no reason to believe alcohol or drugs played any part in the accident.

Kinney said he didn't know when the game might be played.

"I put it in (the players') court," Kinney said. "I think they'll end up playing, but I don't know when. It's a tough call."
This is why everyone was saying prayers for the Bullitt East and Bullitt County community on facebook today.

Sad News...Prayers