Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miners Fight Back Against Obama TV Add: "Absolute Lies"
Ohio coal miners tell Obama to stop the absolute lies in a TV add accusing miners of being props at a ralley for Romney. Miners held a press conference to release a letter signed by over 500 miners saying they were not forced to attend the Romney event. They wanted to attend because there is a war on coal and Obama is leading it.

More of Stephanie Cutter's handiwork?
Powerful!!
Thanks for sharing Bob
Bob Seger Wrote:Ohio coal miners tell Obama to stop the absolute lies in a TV add accusing miners of being props at a ralley for Romney. Miners held a press conference to release a letter signed by over 500 miners saying they were not forced to attend the Romney event. They wanted to attend because there is a war on coal and Obama is leading it.

More of Stephanie Cutter's handiwork?

Democrats will lie about anything at anytime, including taking reference to God out of their platform language, and then saying they didn't do it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is the ONLY reason I'm voting for romney. Jobs and the economy.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:This is the ONLY reason I'm voting for romney. Jobs and the economy.
You don't count the 5.2 million jobs created as relevant? The unemployment being the lowest since Obama taking office? A growing economy, albeit not as fast as republicans want, after they put us in a hole that goes almost to the earth's mantle? Do a little research WC23, and you will see why coal companies really are sitting on all that coal, and laying off.
^LOL, no offense at all intended 23 but, that's like saying the ONLY reason you're stopping to get gas is because you're tank is empty. At any rate, that's reason 'O' plenty! :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:You don't count the 5.2 million jobs created as relevant? The unemployment being the lowest since Obama taking office? A growing economy, albeit not as fast as republicans want, after they put us in a hole that goes almost to the earth's mantle? Do a little research WC23, and you will see why coal companies really are sitting on all that coal, and laying off.

Wow, the koolaid really is great, isn't it? According to CNN, the dems are slapping themselves on the back because if they're lucky they will get back to the level of employment (total jobs lost versus total new jobs) since Jan. 2009 by election day of 2012. Except--- "The American economy only has to add another 316,000 jobs to get back to where it was in January 2009, when the president was sworn in."

We have fewer jobs now than when Obama took office. That's great man! In four years we are only 316 thousand jobs in the hole. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Look for yourself WC23. Don't rely on the talking points you here the usual suspects here spout.
TheRealThing Wrote:Wow, the koolaid really is great, isn't it? According to CNN, the dems are slapping themselves on the back because if they're lucky they will get back to the level of employment (total jobs lost versus total new jobs) since Jan. 2009 by election day of 2012. Except--- "The American economy only has to add another 316,000 jobs to get back to where it was in January 2009, when the president was sworn in."

We have fewer jobs now than when Obama took office. That's great man! In four years we are only 316 thousand jobs in the hole. :Thumbs:

If a boat is sinking is it your fault it took you to long to patch the hole?

The day Obama took office wasn't the day it was Obamas economy. The damage was done. We was in a recession. Because of bush. Swing it how you want. But remember the slogan favorably used by you guys. The buc stops here.

This area is devistated. Hopefully romney a energy man will help get it going again. If not... My vote In Kentucky doesn't matter anyways.
TheRealVille Wrote:You don't count the 5.2 million jobs created as relevant? The unemployment being the lowest since Obama taking office? A growing economy, albeit not as fast as republicans want, after they put us in a hole that goes almost to the earth's mantle? Do a little research WC23, and you will see why coal companies really are sitting on all that coal, and laying off.
More Obama lies and half truths, RV. As usual, you cannot pass up a chance to repeat them. Fewer people are in the US workforce today than when Obama took office. Far more are receiving food stamps. Far more are drawing disability benefits. And average incomes have plummeted. The official unemployment rate will "unexpectedly" jump above 8 percent when the revised estimate comes out after the election.

Obama did not create any jobs. His policies have impeded the recovery. He is killing the business climate in this country and you are his willing accomplice.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:More Obama lies and half truths, RV. As usual, you cannot pass up a chance to repeat them. Fewer people are in the US workforce today than when Obama took office. Far more are receiving food stamps. Far more are drawing disability benefits. And average incomes have plummeted. The official unemployment rate will "unexpectedly" jump above 8 percent when the revised estimate comes out after the election.

Obama did not create any jobs. His policies have impeded the recovery. He is killing the business climate in this country and you are his willing accomplice.
Can he be to blame for all that left under Bush? You ever here of baby boomers retiring? Say what you want, numbers I posted don't lie. Of course, you will definitely spin them.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If a boat is sinking is it your fault it took you do long to patch the whole?

The day Obama took office wasn't the day it was Obamas economy. The damage was done. We was in a recession. Because of bush. Swing it how you want. But remember the slogan favorably used by you guys. The buc stops here.

This area is devistated. Hopefully romney a energy man will help get it going again. If not... My vote In Kentucky doesn't matter anyways.

Yes, the damage was done. The jobs were already lost. Romney has a public record as governor of Massachusetts. He faced a 3 billion dollar deficit and left the treasury full and the folks of Mass in high cotton. He is a businessman who knows what he's talking about. Obama on the other hand, has a public record too. His record is one of layoffs and declining jobs and an economically depressed national market. How many CEO's would have to tell their employees that the doors will close if Obama is reelected before you would feel comfortable with your decision to vote for a proven job provider?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:Look for yourself WC23. Don't rely on the talking points you here the usual suspects here spout.

I have not relied on anyone here. Never have.

My father has worked for Cowin & CO for almost 30 years now. He is a Superintendent and has a vast knowledge in the mining field. He told me back in september of last year when i got my Underground card that it was a waste of time. That the mines in eastern kentucky and west virginia was about to shut down for a bit. He went into a bunch of detail about how the EPA was imposing restrictions and fining the little guys till they just had to shut down. HE DID say that gas was about to hit rock bottom due to supply. He is currently on his vacation but when he goes back there IS NOT 1 JOB IN EASTERN KENTUCKY OR WEST VIRGINIA that is currently having a shaft or slope built through his company. For as long as i can remember this has never been the case. He will be heading to Nevada, about 10 minutes out from Vegas there building a structure for a gold mine.

Keep in mine my dad is a yellow dog democrat. He has worked his entire life, Broke his back in a car accident. Drew social security for almost 2 years until he decided he was able to work again. When the banks went bankrupt he lost his entire savings. Almost 1.3million dollars just gone. That is what we gained under 8 years of bush. A screwed up economy and people losing everything. That will turn you away form a republican candidate faster than anything.

My brother is in the same position. His wife just had there first child. And he is heading to denver Colorado to make ends meet.

BUT there was always mining jobs around here. This area needs that. But i want this area to be where they work. NOw dont get me wrong i hear people get on here and in public go on about there isnt no jobs, i cant work, i lost my job and now i hate obama. THERE is work. It may not be where or how you want. But go to it.
TheRealVille Wrote:Can he be to blame for all that left under Bush? You ever here of baby boomers retiring? Say what you want, numbers I posted don't lie. Of course, you will definitely spin them.
I had one of those jobs that you claim Obama created. So did the guys who worked on each side of me. The jobs were directly funded by ARRA and none lasted for more than one year. All three of us worked on a project to report to the federal government and to the general public about how stimulus funds were spend.

Thousands of temporary census workers are also being counted. Temporary jobs directly funded by money borrowed from China do nothing to create a healthy business climate.

Barack Obama knows nothing about how our economy works. The fact that you insist on giving him credit for moving the economy "forward" suggests that you do not understand our economy either.

This economy is not moving - it is stuck on stupid and it will be until Obama gets the boot.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I have not relied on anyone here. Never have.

My father has worked for Cowin & CO for almost 30 years now. He is a Superintendent and has a vast knowledge in the mining field. He told me back in september of last year when i got my Underground card that it was a waste of time. That the mines in eastern kentucky and west virginia was about to shut down for a bit. He went into a bunch of detail about how the EPA was imposing restrictions and fining the little guys till they just had to shut down. HE DID say that gas was about to hit rock bottom due to supply. He is currently on his vacation but when he goes back there IS NOT 1 JOB IN EASTERN KENTUCKY OR WEST VIRGINIA that is currently having a shaft or slope built through his company. For as long as i can remember this has never been the case. He will be heading to Nevada, about 10 minutes out from Vegas there building a structure for a gold mine.

Keep in mine my dad is a yellow dog democrat. He has worked his entire life, Broke his back in a car accident. Drew social security for almost 2 years until he decided he was able to work again. When the banks went bankrupt he lost his entire savings. Almost 1.3million dollars just gone. That is what we gained under 8 years of bush. A screwed up economy and people losing everything. That will turn you away form a republican candidate faster than anything.

My brother is in the same position. His wife just had there first child. And he is heading to denver Colorado to make ends meet.

BUT there was always mining jobs around here. This area needs that. But i want this area to be where they work. NOw dont get me wrong i hear people get on here and in public go on about there isnt no jobs, i cant work, i lost my job and now i hate obama. THERE is work. It may not be where or how you want. But go to it.
The cost of mining coal, and what it is bringing, and the price of natural gas is what is hurting coal right now.
If you are looking for and under ground job, and can pick up 101.9 from Logan, listen for the ad about hiring under ground men, in all positions. I can't remember the mine name, but the ad runs every morning between 5 am and at least 6:30am
TheRealVille Wrote:If you are looking for and under ground job, and can pick up 101.9 from Logan, listen for the ad about hiring under ground men, in all positions. I can't remember the mine name, but the ad runs every morning between 5 am and at least 6:30am

You misread it Ville.

IS NOT 1 JOB(Project) IN EASTERN KENTUCKY OR WEST VIRGINIA that is currently having a shaft or slope built through his company

Excellent post, WC. I also want to see jobs return to eastern Kentucky. The worse that the economy gets, the more people who are willing to work leave. The result is that the welfare cheats, meth dealers, and other low-lifes constitute an increasingly large percentage of the population. It is hard for my parents to believe that people in this area are much safer than the people living in their neighborhood are. Burglaries are becoming increasingly common in Johnson County. Desperate people do desperate things.

For a young person interested in making coal mining his career, I would be considering a move west. Federal regulations and depletion of reserves in eastern Kentucky is making coal's future murky at best, IMO. Regulations dealing with health, safety, and the environment are very difficult for any politician to roll back once they have been adopted, no matter how expensive and unreasonable some of them are. Reagan is the only president that I recall being able to give coal mining some regulatory relief.
Amazing video Bob. Glad you shared this with us.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Excellent post, WC. I also want to see jobs return to eastern Kentucky. The worse that the economy gets, the more people who are willing to work leave. The result is that the welfare cheats, meth dealers, and other low-lifes constitute an increasingly large percentage of the population. It is hard for my parents to believe that people in this area are much safer than the people living in their neighborhood are. Burglaries are becoming increasingly common in Johnson County. Desperate people do desperate things.

For a young person interested in making coal mining his career, I would be considering a move west. Federal regulations and depletion of reserves in eastern Kentucky is making coal's future murky at best, IMO. Regulations dealing with health, safety, and the environment are very difficult for any politician to roll back once they have been adopted, no matter how expensive and unreasonable some of them are. Reagan is the only president that I recall being able to give coal mining some regulatory relief.

I had interest in it for about a week. I was telling dusty the other day. IT takes a real man to be a coal miner.

I am enjoying the field im in now. I actually like my job. Just bought a home with my fiance and getting married next month. I love the area. And would never want to move or have to move. Which is basically what im basing my vote on.

I dont agree with romney on marriage and other issues. But thats not my agenda. I have to worry about myself and my family. Not everyone else/
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If a boat is sinking is it your fault it took you to long to patch the hole?

That's one of the most fence straddling half hearted attempts at justifying a vote that I have ever heard.

You're a grown man with some sense and you must agree there is no middle ground in this election. Pick a side and get aboard. If you "honestly" think your vote "doesn't matter anyways", don't vote!
SKINNYPIG Wrote:That's one of the most fence straddling half hearted attempts at justifying a vote that I have ever heard.

You're a grown man with some sense and you must agree there is no middle ground in this election. Pick a side and get aboard. If you "honestly" think your vote "doesn't matter anyways", don't vote!

Picking a side is why were in this mess. Its either left or right, There is no fence straddling in that post. Just because i refuse to blame obama for all of the economy?

There is middle ground. I like romney because of his Economy plan. I like Obama because he shares my views on same sex marriage.

You dont have to be left or right. I am voting for romney. But he is winning kentucky either way.
WideRight05 Wrote:Amazing video Bob. Glad you shared this with us.

Glad to share '05. Heck, I knew it would never make it's way over to MSNBC or CBS.
WideRight05 Wrote:Amazing video Bob. Glad you shared this with us.

Wide, I said the lies dems would unleash in this campaign would be historic. America stands at possibly the last opportunity to choose a different path than that of the past 4 years. If this administration has 4 more to enact and transform their idea of what America should be, her claim to greatness will lie behind her in history. Energy rates will take the average homeowner into uncharted territory. Sometime in the near future folks will begin to have to choose between warmth and food. Can working folks truly say they can afford a $16,000 dollar yearly health insurance plan?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SKINNYPIG Wrote:That's one of the most fence straddling half hearted attempts at justifying a vote that I have ever heard.

:yikes:

Do what, who junior??????:lmao:

:biggrin:

With all kidding aside this time WC, your dad sounds like he's a heck of a good man. I would never get joy in hearing that a man who worked for everything he has ever attained, would become that unfortunate.
^ Yeah, for real, I second that.
unemployed persons = 11.6 million in Jan 2009 (http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2009/feb/wk2/art02.htm)

unemployed persons =12.1 million in Sept of 2012
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

Job creation isn't keeping up with the number of people unemployed. There are more people unemployed today than when the president took office.
Bob Seger Wrote:With all kidding aside this time WC, your dad sounds like he's a heck of a good man. I would never get joy in hearing that a man who worked for everything he has ever attained was that unfortunate.

Appreciate it.

He is,
Bob Seger Wrote::yikes:

Do what, who junior??????:lmao:

:biggrin:

Says he's getting married soon, he better be a grown man.