Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J.J. Kelly HS 4 Allen Central 2
Heard this was a late one for the Rebs. Anybody got any stats on this game? Isn't this team from Virginia? And haven't they won like 2 or 3 state championships there?
I don't know anything about JJ Kelly's baseball team, but I'll try to see what I can find...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
J.J. Kelly is a POWER in SW Va. My uncle is the coach and has won 8 state championships since the mid 80's. Kentucky just can't hang with SW VA baseball. And that is a fact!
they ovisouly wouldnt be a powerhouse in kentucky if they could barely beat allen central. any team in the top 25 in Ky. would pound JJ Kelly into mush
Geraldo Rivera Wrote:they ovisouly wouldnt be a powerhouse in kentucky if they could barely beat allen central. any team in the top 25 in Ky. would pound JJ Kelly into mush

True..
Tough loss, but what Geraldo said was true. SW Virginia baseball must not be too good if they are the best the state has to offer and Allen Central who is probably not even a top 40 team in the state of Kentucky could hang with them.
Disco Stu Wrote:Tough loss, but what Geraldo said was true. SW Virginia baseball must not be too good if they are the best the state has to offer and Allen Central who is probably not even a top 40 team in the state of Kentucky could hang with them.

Allen Central just beat Leslie County who is a top 40 team in the state and who had 4 votes for the last top 25, who also was 17-0. Apparently they can hold their own with good teams. From what I hear, JJ Kelly was very very tough fundamentally -- making diving plays, saving runs and spraying the ball all over the field.
Pacman Wrote:Allen Central just beat Leslie County who is a top 40 team in the state and who had 4 votes for the last top 25, who also was 17-0. Apparently they can hold their own with good teams. From what I hear, JJ Kelly was very very tough fundamentally -- making diving plays, saving runs and spraying the ball all over the field.

You're missing the point, and missing it bad. I was implying that if JJ Kelly was the best that Virginia had to offer as far as competition (because they have won state titles and what not) then Virginia baseball must be pretty weak. I'm well aware of the fact that Allen Central beat Leslie county, but let's get real they're nowhere near being a state contender, and in my opinion they can't win 3 games in a row to win the region.
^I doubt that JJ Kelly is the best that Virginia has to offer this year. I don't doubt that they are one of the elite Class A programs in VA however with a great tradition of winning baseball. From what I heard, this team beat Pikeville in a preseason matchup. I know you can't make much of a preseason matchup, but still to play with and beat Pikeville is a good thing in any game.
Pacman Wrote:^I doubt that JJ Kelly is the best that Virginia has to offer this year. I don't doubt that they are one of the elite Class A programs in VA however with a great tradition of winning baseball. From what I heard, this team beat Pikeville in a preseason matchup. I know you can't make much of a preseason matchup, but still to play with and beat Pikeville is a good thing in any game.

What schools consolidated to form JJ Kelly? Was Garden one of them?
JJ Kelly is the high school in Wise. They were not consolidated from anyone.
They have great baseball tradition, support, and facilities.

BTW...Virginia baseball is played in classes.
JJ Kelley is in Group A, which is small schools in Virginia.
All I said is that they were a power, not the best team in Va. And I am talking about SW Va vs Eastern Kentucky...there is no comparison. So read it again, because NOBODY said they were the best team in the state just because they have won state titles there in the past. They are a solid team, year in, year out, and can compete with anyone.
I tend to agree with Stu on this one...If JJ Kelly is one of the best small class schools that Virginia has to offer then they're pretty weak. The top "All A" teams from Kentucky would probably have a field day with JJ Kellly, especially Lexington Christian...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:All I said is that they were a power, not the best team in Va. And I am talking about SW Va vs Eastern Kentucky...there is no comparison. So read it again, because NOBODY said they were the best team in the state just because they have won state titles there in the past. They are a solid team, year in, year out, and can compete with anyone.
I agree, They have played quality baseball everytime I have seen them.
Good try Ac
alfus21 Wrote:I tend to agree with Stu on this one...If JJ Kelly is one of the best small class schools that Virginia has to offer then they're pretty weak. The top "All A" teams from Kentucky would probably have a field day with JJ Kellly, especially Lexington Christian...
Uh well yeah, and Lexington Christian is a Private school too. So let me thing about this one?????????????????????????????????????????:igiveup:
J.J. Kelly is probably the most fundamentally sound team AC has seen all year. They hit very well, moved runners over, and scored runs. They didn't score many, but thanks to some fine defensive plays, 4 runs is all they needed. The Rebels didn't play bad at all, the Indians just made some fine plays defensively to save runs when runners were on base. Congrats Rebels on a hard fought game, and good luck the rest of the season.