Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gallup: Romney 51% Obama 45%
I have been anxiously awaiting our resident Gallup fan to fill us in on Obama's declining poll numbers, but none has been forthcoming. Confusednicker:

Quote:Election 2012 Likely Voters Trial Heat: Obama vs. Romney

LIKELY VOTERS

[SIZE="5"]Romney 51% +1

Obama 45% -1[/SIZE]

7-day rolling average

Does Obama's slide in the polls and a drubbing facing him in Monday night's foreign policy debate make a desperate, late October surprise between now and Sunday more likely? I think that it does. Obama needs a distraction in the worst possible way. An excuse to dodge the final debate is probably his best shot at a second term.
Why Hoot? You just stole this topic from me. LOL

Whether Romney or Obama are ahead, this means very little to me. However, it will be interesting to see what the liberals say about this one since they put so much stock in these polls.

Gallup may have another lawsuit coming from the liberals. Big Grin
WideRight05 Wrote:Why Hoot? You just stole this topic from me. LOL

Whether Romney or Obama are ahead, this means very little to me. However, it will be interesting to see what the liberals say about this one since they put so much stock in these polls.

Gallup may have another lawsuit coming from the liberals. Big Grin
It looks like the Obama campaign's attempt to intimidate Gallup have failed. :lmao:

It was inevitable that Romney would eclipse a total flop of a president like Obama once the samples switched from registered to likely voters and Obama had to defend his miserable record without his trusty teleprompters.

The polls are becoming important. They are beginning to force the media to start admitting that Obama faces an uphill battle to win a second term. The private polls are even more important and a lot of Democrats seem to be entering the panic phase of the campaign.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It looks like the Obama campaign's attempt to intimidate Gallup have failed. :lmao:

It was inevitable that Romney would eclipse a total flop of a president like Obama once the samples switched from registered to likely voters and Obama had to defend his miserable record without his trusty teleprompters.

[I][I]The polls are becoming important.[/I][/I] They are beginning to force the media to start admitting that Obama faces an uphill battle to win a second term. The private polls are even more important and a lot of Democrats seem to be entering the panic phase of the campaign.

:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::please::please::please:

After all the Repubs saying. THE POLLS DONT MATTER THERE RIGGED. Now there important?
Polls in June, July, August, and September mean little. Polls in the Second half of October carry some weight
in actuality polls are useless..anyone can change their mind..with the exception of half of you brainwashed homophobes whose daddys coalmine money pay for your subscription of pokemon weekly
Wildcatk23 Wrote::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::please::please::please:

After all the Repubs saying. THE POLLS DONT MATTER THERE RIGGED. Now there important?
I have never said that the polls don't matter. The polls control where money is spent, where candidates campaign, and where they choose to run ads.

You must have me confused with somebody else. The polls that don't matter are those taken of registered voters prior to the debates. Those polls always favor Democrats and the are not very predictive of the ultimate outcome of elections.

What you need to understand is that I predicted a comfortable Romney win when he was well behind in the national polls and I have never waivered from that position.

It is just very difficult for an incumbent president to win a second term when the economy is in the tank. Obama should have stepped aside and let the Democrats run somebody with a better chance of winning this election. It is too late now, you are stuck with him. :lmao:
Someone's alter ego is back
nky Wrote:Someone's alter ego is back
He certainly is. It is like some poor country like Botswana spending their defense budget on a bunch of inflatable tanks. Confusednicker:
yawn
^ my thoughts exactly
so what is it you guys only think their are only like 3 democrats on earth who would dare to disagree with you? so you have to call anyone who does someones alter account or w.e lol...loving the logic
^ if the shoe fits
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I have never said that the polls don't matter. The polls control where money is spent, where candidates campaign, and where they choose to run ads.

You must have me confused with somebody else. The polls that don't matter are those taken of registered voters prior to the debates. Those polls always favor Democrats and the are not very predictive of the ultimate outcome of elections.

What you need to understand is that I predicted a comfortable Romney win when he was well behind in the national polls and I have never waivered from that position.

It is just very difficult for an incumbent president to win a second term when the economy is in the tank. Obama should have stepped aside and let the Democrats run somebody with a better chance of winning this election. It is too late now, you are stuck with him. :lmao:

Im not stuck with anyone. I have stated i will be voting for Romney, Stated my reasons.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Im not stuck with anyone. I have stated i will be voting for Romney, Stated my reasons.

Come on 23, Hoot's observation was correct, "once the samples switched from registered to likely voters and Obama had to defend his miserable record". The polls were flawed because of those who were being polled. You go into a bar and take a poll on whether or not beer is a good thing. Then you go into a Baptist Church and take the same poll. You seriously don't think the results of those two polls would be predictably different or biased?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How did Obama not gain in the polls after his good debate performance? I am mystified by that. I am pleasantly surprised but still surprised.
LWC Wrote:How did Obama not gain in the polls after his good debate performance? I am mystified by that. I am pleasantly surprised but still surprised.
Give it a little time. It doesn't happen instantly.
TheRealVille Wrote:Give it a little time. It doesn't happen instantly.

That is true, but with the 4 sub poll results that CNN took right after the debate last night, to me, it shows that in reality the debate may have helped Romney more than it hurt him.

I dont think that accurate post debate poll numbers will be out until friday. That came from an interview that I saw Scott Rassmussen give monday.
TheRealVille Wrote:Give it a little time. It doesn't happen instantly.

It seems it did after first debate for Romney...
LWC Wrote:How did Obama not gain in the polls after his good debate performance? I am mystified by that. I am pleasantly surprised but still surprised.

Maybe he didnt do as good as MessNBC would like you to believe...