Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welfare spending jumps 32% in four years
Shocker.

[INDENT]
Quote:Welfare spending jumps 32% in four years

Welfare spending has grown substantially over the past four years, reaching $746 billion in 2011 — or more than Social Security, basic defense spending or any other single chunk of the federal government — according to a new memo by the Congressional Research Service.

The steady rise in welfare spending, which covers more than 80 programs primarily designed to help low-income Americans, got a big boost from the 2009 stimulus and has grown, albeit somewhat more slowly, in 2010 and 2011. One reason is that more people are qualifying in the weak economy, but the federal government also has broadened eligibility so that more people qualify for programs.

Sen. Jeff Sessions, the ranking Republican on the Senate Budget Committee, who requested the Congressional Research Service report, said it underscores a fundamental shift in welfare, moving away from a Band-Aid and toward a more permanent crutch.
[/INDENT]
that's one way to get the unemployment numbers downConfusednicker::pondering:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Shocker.

[INDENT][/INDENT]
Are you quoting nowadays from a media outlet owned by a guy that says "he is the messiah" ? The founder of the Washington times founded a church that mingles between christianity and islam, and claims he is the messiah. Since you missed part of the quote, I'll put it all here.

TheRealVille Wrote:Are you quoting nowadays from a media outlet owned by a guy that says "he is the messiah" ? The founder of the Washington times founded a church that mingles between christianity and islam, and claims he is the messiah.
TheRealVille Wrote:Are you quoting nowadays from a media outlet owned by a guy that says "he is the messiah" ?
Attacking the messenger again, huh, RV? That is about all you Obama fanboys have left in the tank. That and Big Bird and a stack of binders. :biglmao:
It's also a conservative rag.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Shocker.

[INDENT][/INDENT]

I got two words for ya, VOTE BUYING
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Attacking the messenger again, huh, RV? That is about all you Obama fanboys have left in the tank. That and Big Bird and a stack of binders. :biglmao:
Do you deny that what I said above? Since you missed part of the quote, I'll add it here.

TheRealVille Wrote:Are you quoting nowadays from a media outlet owned by a guy that says "he is the messiah" ? The founder of the Washington times founded a church that mingles between christianity and islam, and claims he is the messiah.
TheRealVille Wrote:It's also a conservative rag.
So welfare did not increase by 32 percent over the past 4 years. If you prefer another source, then I am sure that you can find one. In fact, the total annual expenditures for all means tested welfare programs now tops $1 trillion. The truth about the failed Obama economy is out there for anybody interested, RV. Are you not the least bit interested in the truth? Confusednicker:
TheRealVille Wrote:Do you deny that what I said above?
What I will not deny is that you are once again attempting to lead a thread off topic. We have become very accustomed to that tactic.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:So welfare did not increase by 32 percent over the past 4 years. If you prefer another source, then I am sure that you can find one. In fact, the total annual expenditures for all means tested welfare programs now tops $1 trillion. The truth about the failed Obama economy is out there for anybody interested, RV. Are you not the least bit interested in the truth? Confusednicker:
Just playing the game you guys play, in your liberal media plays.
TheRealVille Wrote:Just playing the game you guys play, in your liberal media plays.

Uh, not so much. I think that page was torn out the dems playbook, :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:What I will not deny is that you are once again attempting to lead a thread off topic. We have become very accustomed to that tactic.

Your readers deserve to know where your "facts" come from though. It's only fair, after how you go after the liberal media, when one of us post facts from one of the "so called liberal media".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washington_Times
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_Church
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Myung_Moon
TheRealVille Wrote:Just playing the game you guys play, in your liberal media plays.
Well, I don't think that I can learn much from a guy who posts links to the Obama campaign's website as a news source. Do you just enjoy being lied to by the current president?
TheRealVille Wrote:Your readers deserve to know where your "facts" come from though. It's only fair, after how you go after the liberal media, when one of us post facts from one of the "so called liberal media".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washington_Times
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_Church
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Myung_Moon
:snicker: What a loser. Why don't you start your own thread about the vast conservative media. :hilarious:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Confusednicker: What a loser. Why don't you start your own thread about the vast conservative media. :hilarious:
Name calling? Makes you mad when you get caught posting weird stuff, huh? :thatsfunn :hilarious: Why don't you just post some writings of Marshall Applewhite.
TheRealVille Wrote:Name calling? Makes you mad when you get caught posting weird stuff, huh? :thatsfunn :hilarious:
Just stating the obvious, RV. You cannot hold your own in an honest debate. Maybe that is the tie that binds you to Obama's hip. You know that this economy has been wrecked by Obama. Welfare costs have soared, disability claims have soared, and food stamp spending has soared. Yet, you tout Obama's job creation record. Does that really make sense to you? If it did, then I would expect you to defend Obama instead of attacking strawmen.

As for sources, I noticed that once the Gallup polls shifted, as I predicted they would, you suddenly stopped posting the results of that poll. In case you are wondering, the Rasmussen Daily Presidential Poll, which you constantly disparage as a "Republican" poll still has Romney up by only 2 points. Of course, if you had done your homework, you would know that the Rasmussen poll was the most accurate poll during the 2008 presidential campaign.
TheRealVille Wrote:Name calling? Makes you mad when you get caught posting weird stuff, huh? :thatsfunn :hilarious: Why don't you just post some writings of Marshall Applewhite.
Would those quotes make less sense than regurgitating Obama's daily talking points? Are you on his mailing list or do you actually have to visit his website to learn what you are supposed to think and say each day?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Just stating the obvious, RV. You cannot hold your own in an honest debate. Maybe that is the tie that binds you to Obama's hip. You know that this economy has been wrecked by Obama. Welfare costs have soared, disability claims have soared, and food stamp spending has soared. Yet, you tout Obama's job creation record. Does that really make sense to you? If it did, then I would expect you to defend Obama instead of attacking strawmen.

As for sources, I noticed that once the Gallup polls shifted, as I predicted they would, you suddenly stopped posting the results of that poll. In case you are wondering, the Rasmussen Daily Presidential Poll, which you constantly disparage as a "Republican" poll still has Romney up by only 2 points. Of course, if you had done your homework, you would know that the Rasmussen poll was the most accurate poll during the 2008 presidential campaign.

Wrecked by Obama? Seems to me Obama is driving the wrecker trying to get us out of the ditch that bush wrecked us in.
4_real Wrote:Wrecked by Obama? Seems to me Obama is driving the wrecker trying to get us out of the ditch that bush wrecked us in.
Most eyewitnesses to the wreck are planning to let Romney pull them out of the ditch. To paraphrase Joe Biden, Obama has been burying the victims of the wreck the past four years.
Romney would if only he wouldnt have to get his hands dirty..he could however let the illegals he has hired to work in his own home to do it..TOUGH ON IMMIGRATION!!!! gimme a break