Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 5 JCHS 2
Final.
Josh Watkins pitched a great game, but he ran out of steam in the 5th. Daniel Pugh came in and pitched flawlessly. The Tigers need to stop with the errors. But the barely excaped tonight. Congrats Tigers
I was close...i said paintsville 4-3
Paintsville swung the bats pretty well in this one. Their defense once again hurt them. Very sloppy game defensively. PHS had 4 errors. JCHS had 5. Kevin Williams hit a solo homerun to deep left center. Congrats Tigers!
Pupaw Wrote:Paintsville swung the bats pretty well in this one. Their defense once again hurt them. Very sloppy game defensively. PHS had 4 errors. JCHS had 5. Kevin Williams hit a solo homerun to deep left center. Congrats Tigers!

I didn't get to make it to the game, but listened to some of it. Spike mentioned Andrew Brown was out with flu like symptoms and Sublett played first but Spike said he looked weak at the plate tonight. Is he suffering from the same type symptoms, because he usually swings the bat fairly well? If both of these guys are fighting these symptoms I wish them the best on a recovery. It sounded as if both teams were sloppy on defense and the umpires were missing quite a few calls both ways.
Freshman Mike Conley pitched 6 innings for the Eagles and did a tremendous job, only one earned run and no walks. Central needs to pick up the defense as well.
Mike did pitch a pretty good game.
The Blue Blur Wrote:I didn't get to make it to the game, but listened to some of it. Spike mentioned Andrew Brown was out with flu like symptoms and Sublett played first but Spike said he looked weak at the plate tonight. Is he suffering from the same type symptoms, because he usually swings the bat fairly well? If both of these guys are fighting these symptoms I wish them the best on a recovery. It sounded as if both teams were sloppy on defense and the umpires were missing quite a few calls both ways.
I talked to Subby today, and he said he was feeling kinda sick, he had a fever this morning, but played on. I hope Andrew and Subby have quick recoveries.
Pupaw Wrote:I talked to Subby today, and he said he was feeling kinda sick, he had a fever this morning, but played on. I hope Andrew and Subby have quick recoveries.

Ouch that'll put a dent in your lineup.
Sounds like a great game. I think Paintsville will make a good run at the region title in a couple of weeks.
It was a interesting game... Is it just me or is these two teams the worst you have seen from these schools in awhile it seems to me like its not just them but the whole region.. I think they will be back up in a couple of years because a lot of the errors these teams are making are just from lack of experience.
I believe everyone knew, going into this season, that both teams were young & there naturally would be mistakes. Silly mistakes from, like you say, inexperience and/or new position placements.... but to say they are the "worst teams from these two schools that you have seen in a long time" is somewhat harsh & not very helpful to those young men reading such a post.
I believe their practices, since their last meeting, have made them ever mindful of their mistakes & I feel certain they have worked hard to correct them. Both fine groups of young men will improve. You're right, the more they play the more experience they'll gain, but I just don't believe saying mean things about them on here is productive. Stats do not lie, practice makes perfect... I figure they've been informed of the stats on their last game and I know they've practiced hard! Good Luck to both in the coming games!
Hard Hitter Wrote:It was a interesting game... Is it just me or is these two teams the worst you have seen from these schools in awhile it seems to me like its not just them but the whole region.. I think they will be back up in a couple of years because a lot of the errors these teams are making are just from lack of experience.
sounds like everyone in the region is hurting a little.
Hard Hitter Wrote:It was a interesting game... Is it just me or is these two teams the worst you have seen from these schools in awhile it seems to me like its not just them but the whole region.. I think they will be back up in a couple of years because a lot of the errors these teams are making are just from lack of experience.

Neither team is no worse than the team's they had last year. Paintsville was loaded with seniors and I seen them make the same mental errors these young kids are making.
They aren't gettin paid to play so they aren't pros, I expect teams to make errors, shoot the other day UK made 4 errors and they are the number 13 team in the nation. Errors are a part of the game, but it being this late in the season you don't really expect a whole lot of them.
Personally, I thought that at least 2 of JC's errors were scored that way just so they wouldn't have to give PHS credit for hits. So IMO it wasn't as bad as it looked. Besides, there was a hard rain that delayed the start and I am sure the ball got wet going through the infield, as every ground ball was slowed by the conditions.
The Guru Wrote:Personally, I thought that at least 2 of JC's errors were scored that way just so they wouldn't have to give PHS credit for hits. So IMO it wasn't as bad as it looked. Besides, there was a hard rain that delayed the start and I am sure the ball got wet going through the infield, as every ground ball was slowed by the conditions.
What two were they?
The Guru Wrote:Personally, I thought that at least 2 of JC's errors were scored that way just so they wouldn't have to give PHS credit for hits. So IMO it wasn't as bad as it looked. Besides, there was a hard rain that delayed the start and I am sure the ball got wet going through the infield, as every ground ball was slowed by the conditions.
Personally you may be plain and simply wrong.

The scoreboard at the field showed Johnson Central with 5 errors. Paintsville's scorebook showed Central with 6 errors, so that kind of throws your conspiracy theory out the window , doesn't it?

Who would give a crap whether they were scored as either an error or a hit either way.Rolleyes

What say you now Mr Guru?